How long???

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How long have you been lifting? Have you ever taken a break? How satisfied have you been during your ride.

I’ll start with a brief run down...

Began in 1985 after being a fat kid. Age 15. About 30/35 lbs overweight. I think Adolescence helped me lose the weight. Been training ever since. Tried different things during my time from bodybuilding to powerlifting to Military to Xfit. Life is hard but I’ve never stopped.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
umm...since 2006 or 2007....I lifted a bit in high school but I was more into other types of exercise, rode a lot of bmx

the ride has been up and down....I got really into bodybuilding style workouts for years, now I play basketball, dabble in bmx again, so my training has changed a bit recently as bodybuilding got stale....powerlifting never appealed to me, sure I go heavy and occasionally max out but nothing I ever got crazy about

I've also never been one to take longer than a week or so off from the gym...the gym to me is more about fitness and health as I really started as a form of stress relief/ looking better as I was getting out of college and looking for a profession so I figured looking better could only help

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Since 17 and I am about to turn 45 in a few months. I was a professional skateboarder back then and my dad wouldn't let me tour unless I started to build muscle and learn how to box. That was our deal. I went from 155lbs at 6' to 187 in a year and was absolutely hooked on the iron. I've never taken more than a 1-2 week break in all the years.

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Since 17 and I am about to turn 45 in a few months. I was a professional skateboarder back then and my dad wouldn't let me tour unless I started to build muscle and learn how to box. That was our deal. I went from 155lbs at 6' to 187 in a year and was absolutely hooked on the iron. I've never taken more than a 1-2 week break in all the years.
Sounds cool. Your story sounds familiar.

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
started when I was 15 weighed 185 lbs at 6"4 I was a skinny fat kid I am 35 now weighed in recently at 312 still 6"4 lol had back surgery September 18 of 2018 had to take 2 months off of lifting the last 3 weeks I've been on it back in full force feeling good and strong so far I am really satisfied with my lifting journey set prs last year for flat bench 405 and dead lift 585