Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i have to give credit to Naomi Osaka for serving out the match, i can't think of any other female player who could have kept her cool any better. 20 years old and playing in front of a packed pro-serena crowd who were booing every point she won.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I have to agree. Props to her, the haters can kiss her talented ass.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I felt terrible for her. She was mature an poised.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I honest feel Serena should be handed a ban or suspension.

Y

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Williams got smoked in the first set. Williams was up 3 games to 1 in the second set, when her coach got called out and lost 1 point after smashing her racquet.
That one point didn't cost her the match. Her temper tantrum did. And her coach admitted to coaching from the stand.

It should be noted that Osaka beat Williams earlier in the year. And Williams' record is 2 wins, 7 losses when losing the first set in a championship match. She is a great player, if she wins the first set apparently. But she has a problem coming from behind.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1240689002

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I felt terrible for her. She was mature an poised.
she was great...the fans were horrible to her.

I hope she wins many more slams!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Williams got smoked in the first set. Williams was up 3 games to 1 in the second set, when her coach got called out and lost 1 point after smashing her racquet.
That one point didn't cost her the match. Her temper tantrum did. And her coach admitted to coaching from the stand.

It should be noted that Osaka beat Williams earlier in the year. And Williams' record is 2 wins, 7 losses when losing the first set in a championship match. She is a great player, if she wins the first set apparently. But she has a problem coming from behind.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1240689002
beating serena anywhere is huge...but beating serena at the U.S open in front of a packed house at Arthur ashe stadium with the majority of fans there to see serena win is priceless. lets give serena credit, she is the most dominant female tennis player of all time.

I fully expected naomi Osaka to be overwhelmed by the moment, like 99% of the wta women would have been.

regardless of her persona, naomi Osaka is a tough young lady, imo.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
since the start of 2008 there have been 18 1st time women's champions, and Osaka's just the second to make it past the quarterfinals of their next wta event-she is in the finals in Tokyo...not since Justine henin retired has someone been able to compete on a consistent basis against serena---maybe Osaka is the one?