Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am very happy and proud to be an American...when I was in the navy I travelled to 47 different countries, and there is no place like home!!!

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for your service and I agree
����

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am very happy and proud to be an American...when I was in the navy I travelled to 47 different countries, and there is no place like home!!!
100% brother

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The 1990s are calling and they want their common sentiment back.

Now it is all doom and gloom.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

I refuse to let the gloom and doomers ruin my high on life...life is good!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

doom and gloom is being recycled...when I was in elementary school bomb shelters were very popular and we used to go into the hallways and put our heads down-the threat of nuclear war with russia was very real.....you can make many comparisons with the 60-70's and today...consider the youth movement back then with all the anti-establishment activities on college campuses, and you can substitute the civil rights movement of blacks with the immigration situation of today...don't forget about the meetoo thing, womens liberation was a big thing in those days...

everything happening today is just a repeat of my youth, fortunately I have the advantage of having lived though it and I understand that this too shall pass!!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
btw-as far as disrespecting the flag....hippies used to sew flag patches on their ass and crotch-nothing new there either!!!

now many/most of those hippies have grown up and are now republicans, lol!!!

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I recall from the 80s quite well and do not recall the perpetual stress you see today. It was good to be an American. See, did not even have to say from the USA, just American identified you as being from the USA. The election between Bush-Gore brought out a lot of hysteria which was previously hidden. Sure there were problems afar and close in-Miami riots x2, hurricanes x2, Iran-Contra, Pan Am bombing, Beirut bombing, OKC bombing, savings and loan mini-crisis, 1979 gas crunch, Reaganomics, 1991-1992 economic downturn,etc. A regular Joe could rent a decent 1 bedroom apt., buy an average joe car, Mustang 5.0, and easily find two jobs sustain himself without roommies or marriage.

As for the 1990s such good times that the expression was the 90s are going to make the 60s look like the 50s.

I was a kid in the 70s so see it through a kids eyes. Great big playground. Parents I know today have stressed kids due to school or what they see on other media. Had none of that. Sure there were people on the hard end of the stick. Middle class types like me never worried. It was always going to be good. Attribute of youth is optimism. Now it is stress. Beginning to manifest itself back then. The upper middle class Columbine boys went on that 1999 rampage because they were average and could not reach that ivy league level of education once done with HS which presumably lead to CEO type of salaries. As they said, Life was over for them. So they went out in a blaze. That is a different gen and upbringing than mine. of course they were born in 81/82 different gen.

I admit I never experienced the materialism of the 80s. I never had anything so did not have this need to have more. hahahahaha. But then, the entire as now stereotyped 80s lifestyle was alien to me and people like me.-working stiffs who did not party or have the means for more than making do.

I recall hippies protesting the Vietnam War as a kid. The seemed dirty and slovenly. We had none of that in our household. Run with hard discipline.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Difference is the media, everything thing is seen and reported.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
life is what you make of it---these are the good times!!!

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your both in your 50’s?
I was born in 1964. last year boomer.

Hey my age, height and weight are no longer visible. I guess that must be a recent system update. I never hide my age or weight on this forum.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
53 here.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
38. But grew up like a babyboomer. My mom was born in '48 dad in '50. We didnt get cable till '93 and we never had a computer until all the kids moved out the house. Even worse I spent summers at my grandparents that had farms. And born in the teens and 20's...To take a bath we had to go out to the cistern and collect water and boil it on the stove to have a warm bath. And walk out to the outhouse to use the bathroom. No running water in their homes. I wouldnt change it for the world because I can tell the difference between how I grew up and others born in 1980

D3x

D3x

Awards
  • Established
You guys need to watch the one season of "the great indoors"

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
38. But grew up like a babyboomer. My mom was born in '48 dad in '50. We didnt get cable till '93 and we never had a computer until all the kids moved out the house. Even worse I spent summers at my grandparents that had farms. And born in the teens and 20's...To take a bath we had to go out to the cistern and collect water and boil it on the stove to have a warm bath. And walk out to the outhouse to use the bathroom. No running water in their homes. I wouldnt change it for the world because I can tell the difference between how I grew up and others born in 1980
lol...that sounds like the phillipines when I lived there...hot as hell with no air conditioning, and a pump in the middle of complex where you pumped water into a bucket and dipped over your head for a 'province' shower...everyone owned pigs and chickens and old women coming around with fish and veggies in a basket on their head....

I seriously loved it....the simple life!!!!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
lol...that sounds like the phillipines when I lived there...hot as hell with no air conditioning, and a pump in the middle of complex where you pumped water into a bucket and dipped over your head for a 'province' shower...everyone owned pigs and chickens and old women coming around with fish and veggies in a basket on their head....

I seriously loved it....the simple life!!!!
So you been to South Louisiana. Lol

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you for your service Big T! Can't express enough how much our veterans deserve praise and how much our country is something to be proud of. I've done a lot of traveling in Europe and every where I went people said can you please take me back with you! People now a days get it twisted but the fact remains. God bless the good ole USA!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thank you for your service Big T! Can't express enough how much our veterans deserve praise and how much our country is something to be proud of. I've done a lot of traveling in Europe and every where I went people said can you please take me back with you! People now a days get it twisted but the fact remains. God bless the good ole USA!
thank you, I appreciate that...but my time in service was cake compared to guys like DemntedCowboy, he really went through some sh1t and deserves everyone's respect!!!

going to other countries really gives you perspective on how good life is here in the good ole USA!!!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thank you, I appreciate that...but my time in service was cake compared to guys like DemntedCowboy, he really went through some sh1t and deserves everyone's respect!!!

going to other countries really gives you perspective on how good life is here in the good ole USA!!!
I went through the sh1t so people here wouldn't have it come here. Besides, if I didn't do it, who would. I loved every minute of it, and if I could do it again, I'd do it all over again. I just wouldn't eat so many IED's, get shot or stabbed, and I would have never broke my neck, back, or let them b@$terd$ blow off half my face. Imagine my gains had I never got hurt

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I went through the sh1t so people here wouldn't have it come here. Besides, if I didn't do it, who would. I loved every minute of it, and if I could do it again, I'd do it all over again. I just wouldn't eat so many IED's, get shot or stabbed, and I would have never broke my neck, back, or let them b@$terd$ blow off half my face. Imagine my gains had I never got hurt
I think you are doing pretty damned well...and you have a positive attitude and don't feel sorry for yourself or make excuses--this puts you well ahead of the curve in todays society!!!

life is good!!!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think you are doing pretty damned well...and you have a positive attitude and don't feel sorry for yourself or make excuses--this puts you well ahead of the curve in todays society!!!

life is good!!!
Life is Great

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
tomorrow is the day....HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

lets all celebrate and have a good time.....

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Can you believe I have to work? (Retail) WTF. Double-time, but I'd rather actually have off... what kind of mutant is going to go shopping...? Nope. Sucks. I need to find another way to pay the man. lol.

Happy Pre-Fourth of July!