Weird gym situation Naples Florida

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Something happened today and I really don’t know what to think about it. It was a very busy and hectic day today. More busy than I’ve ever seen it. Guessing it’s because it’s Easter tomorrow. Well anyway, I get to the gym and these two girls walk in behind me. They were cringey looking but I didn’t really think anything of it. I walk over to begin my first set. Looking around I see these two girls on the smith machine. Again not a big deal. I finish my shoulder and trap workout 45 minutes later and it’s time to start abs. My first exercise is Smith machine crunches on a BOSU Ball (great exercise and hits the abs deep with a ridiculous stretch so don’t hate lol). I walk up and ask them how many sets they have. She looks at me and says “we just started.” I was floored. This ****ing bitch looking me in the eye and just lying straight to my face thinking I didn’t know she’d been on for 45 minutes. I go and finish all of my other ab exercises, come back and they are still on it. They had been on the machine for an hour and half. What does one do in this situation? I’ve never seen this level of equipment hoarding. Worst part was her and her friend were ugly as sin and not fit at all. When I was by her at the hour and a half mark she also had a bit of body odor that I didn’t like. Luckily at that point there was another smith machine open so I could finish abs.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
"You two fatties come here often?"... don't give them a second and answer for them. "I didn't think so.".

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
People pay the same amount you do for the gym and can use any equipment as long as they like. If that’s there session there is not much you can do.
Only ones that annoy me are the ones that leave towels on machines and don’t come back for 15 min since they are using 5 things and have towels in them all.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
People pay the same amount you do for the gym and can use any equipment as long as they like. If that’s there session there is not much you can do.
Only ones that annoy me are the ones that leave towels on machines and don’t come back for 15 min since they are using 5 things and have towels in them all.
Really? You think it’s fair to take a machine for an hour and a half in a busy gym? There is a thing called gym etiquette. Never in my life have I seen someone sit on something for 1.5 hours. Anyone who does that does not care or think about others. In that case I just feel bad for them. when I know someone is waiting for something I always ask them to work in no matter what the set up is. Guess that’s just me though. I know I don’t OWN the equipment and people need to share. It’s called being an adult. And btw the gym rules clearly state you can NOT hog equipment for as long as you like. Not sure what gym you go to but at LA Fitness that’s not how it works.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do they really serve pizza one day per week? Maybe they were going into food coma? lol.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Really? You think it’s fair to take a machine for an hour and a half in a busy gym? There is a thing called gym etiquette. Never in my life have I seen someone sit on something for 1.5 hours. Anyone who does that does not care or think about others. In that case I just feel bad for them. when I know someone is waiting for something I always ask them to work in no matter what the set up is. Guess that’s just me though. I know I don’t OWN the equipment and people need to share. It’s called being an adult. And btw the gym rules clearly state you can NOT hog equipment for as long as you like. Not sure what gym you go to but at LA Fitness that’s not how it works.
I go to retro fitness and I agree it would be annoying when someone does it but if that’s there routine then I do something else. Mine only has one deadlift area and sometimes I see guys there for over a hour. So that day I don’t do dead’s and just do other things.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I go to retro fitness and I agree it would be annoying when someone does it but if that’s there routine then I do something else. Mine only has one deadlift area and sometimes I see guys there for over a hour. So that day I don’t do dead’s and just do other things.
Nope. I just walk up and ask, "You ladies look like you're doing something special here.. not deadlifting, but something." then proceed to just hang out close to them and breath heavy like every word they say is exciting...

"Mind if I hang out with you guys?"... (wink)...
Feel your nipple.

They'll leave.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nope. I just walk up and ask, "You ladies look like you're doing something special here.. not deadlifting, but something." then proceed to just hang out close to them and breath heavy like every word they say is exciting...

"Mind if I hang out with you guys?"... (wink)...
Feel your nipple.

They'll leave.
Sounds like a typical Tuesday morning

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Worst part was her and her friend were ugly as sin and not fit at all. When I was by her at the hour and a half mark she also had a bit of body odor that I didn’t like. Luckily at that point there was another smith machine open so I could finish abs.
You handled it like a complete douche. Maybe focus less on those around you and try improving yourself and maturing.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Instead of asking if they were done you should have asked if you could work in and use the machine for abs. Sad day when a guy can’t substitute one exercise throughout an entire workout.

Ugly or not no need to be so judgmental.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A demographic born of entitlement:
I'm not sure if all the posters above are familiar with the demographic of Naples... but they are a bit 'head in the clouds'(Translated: self-centered egotistical) with regard to other people at times.

Now, I have been fairly over the top in my responses for humor, but I do envision his point of view and frustration. The 'ugly' comment was born of frustration. I'm sure he'd have felt the same way if they were centerfold material. It's another method of visualizing the apparent ugliness and rudeness inside with a descriptor of their outward lack of equal beauty.

A suggestion:
What I might suggest is a meeting between your abruptness with his brash feelings with what to do something similar to what I might do. I use humor often with this personality type or remove any semblance of emotion and become quietly stoic and straight forward. It depends but both are effective.

One potential Solution in another:
If I were bent on getting in there, and it was disrupting me, I might just ingratiate myself upon them. Become more social and awkwardly gabby... or rather on a point made.. Change my routine. Take the moment to capitalize on my misfortune by finding the silver lining where it may be. Discover a new method to reach my goal. I live the book and thought process of 'who moved my cheese' because I have no real schedule at work.

Who moved my cheese!?
They "MyLeadership" change my daily routine on the dime as per business needs, and normal people freak. I do get it, and see that side of it. You get in your head how it's going to be and plan on it mentally. It's just something that is best vented in private, as like, as the OP did here.

My apologies for not giving constructive feedback, rather instead of being a play-along-funny-guy.
However, there is always room for redemption. I hope this advice helps.

:afro:

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A demographic born of entitlement:
I'm not sure if all the posters above are familiar with the demographic of Naples... but they are a bit 'head in the clouds'(Translated: self-centered egotistical) with regard to other people at times.

Now, I have been fairly over the top in my responses for humor, but I do envision his point of view and frustration. The 'ugly' comment was born of frustration. I'm sure he'd have felt the same way if they were centerfold material. It's another method of visualizing the apparent ugliness and rudeness inside with a descriptor of their outward lack of equal beauty.

A suggestion:
What I might suggest is a meeting between your abruptness with his brash feelings with what to do something similar to what I might do. I use humor often with this personality type or remove any semblance of emotion and become quietly stoic and straight forward. It depends but both are effective.

One potential Solution in another:
If I were bent on getting in there, and it was disrupting me, I might just ingratiate myself upon them. Become more social and awkwardly gabby... or rather on a point made.. Change my routine. Take the moment to capitalize on my misfortune by finding the silver lining where it may be. Discover a new method to reach my goal. I live the book and thought process of 'who moved my cheese' because I have no real schedule at work.

Who moved my cheese!?
They "MyLeadership" change my daily routine on the dime as per business needs, and normal people freak. I do get it, and see that side of it. You get in your head how it's going to be and plan on it mentally. It's just something that is best vented in private, as like, as the OP did here.

My apologies for not giving constructive feedback, rather instead of being a play-along-funny-guy.
However, there is always room for redemption. I hope this advice helps.

:afro:
This could potentially be the case or these were two out of shape women trying to get in shape and are probably extremely self conscious about even being there, but they're trying. Here comes a guy who is in shape and maybe they misunderstand what he is even asking or are frazzled because again, they're nervous about even being in a gym. The truth is we don't know what their story is or why they acted the way they did; we also only have this guys version to go off of. The fact that he feels the need to call out that they were fat and ugly to me speaks volumes.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This could potentially be the case or these were two out of shape women trying to get in shape and are probably extremely self conscious about even being there, but they're trying. Here comes a guy who is in shape and maybe they misunderstand what he is even asking or are frazzled because again, they're nervous about even being in a gym. The truth is we don't know what their story is or why they acted the way they did; we also only have this guys version to go off of. The fact that he feels the need to call out that they were fat and ugly to me speaks volumes.
Well. We weren’t there so let’s jump back and enjoy perspectives offered and all learn.

A better address would be assuming positive intent until otherwise shown.

This is my daily struggles. Usually people are ignorant to how we affect one another. A common truth.

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
This is why I built my own garage gym...I can lift how and what I want when I want.....so instead of bitching about it I did something about it

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah to be honest I’d just change it up and so something different. I travel and use hotel gyms pretty frequently - regularly have to deviate from my plan but you know, they often become the best sessions because instead of going through the motions on an exercise you know well you tend to focus more on something you do less often.......