Dogs of AM.com

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know we've had some threads like this in the past, but thought I'd post a new one up. Here's my boy Loki, a 6 year old American Bulldog, (but looks more like a gargoyle). He's my lil beast and I treat him like he's my own son.

loki.jpg

Reactions: dds
Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This kid is my child as well haha.
Loki looks relaxed in his mittens haha
IMG_6425.jpg
IMG_6785.jpg

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This was "Bono". Had to put him to sleep a few month ago.

160710_006.jpg

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I know we've had some threads like this in the past, but thought I'd post a new one up. Here's my boy Loki, a 6 year old American Bulldog, (but looks more like a gargoyle). He's my lil beast and I treat him like he's my own son.

View attachment 162074
He is awesome! I have an English bulldog.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember you posting him on another thread he looks like my pup but about 3 times bigger. What happened? :(
Almost killed an employee. Mauled him really bad. Unprovoked. He always had behavioral issues we were working on.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry you had to put him down hairygrandpa I've had to put down a couple dogs in the past for bad temperments. It's the right thing to do after any unprovoked attack, especially with the larger breeds.

jackedviking

jackedviking

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My dog, Winston. He’s a 13-year-old English Bulldog. Super loyal, super friendly.

IMG_4122.jpgIMG_3804.jpg

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry you had to put him down hairygrandpa I've had to put down a couple dogs in the past for bad temperments. It's the right thing to do after any unprovoked attack, especially with the larger breeds.
I'm done with dogs for good. Always had guard dogs, all molossoides, don't like smaller breeds, as for me, dogs should have a purpose. At the end, its not the dog that watches over you, it's you -watching over the dog constantly.
All the illnesses, like leishmaniasis (rampant where I live), dysplasia, cancer, allergies paired with a short life expectency (mastiffs). You cant travel with the dogs easily, can't let them alone. I'm done.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm done with dogs for good. Always had guard dogs, all molossoides, don't like smaller breeds, as for me, dogs should have a purpose. At the end, its not the dog that watches over you, it's you -watching over the dog constantly.
All the illnesses, like leishmaniasis (rampant where I live), dysplasia, cancer, allergies paired with a short life expectency (mastiffs). You cant travel with the dogs easily, can't let them alone. I'm done.
It all comes down to lifestyle. Some can easily accommodate, some can't. Living conditions, finances, career, relationships, etc. all affect the animal and vice versa. The right breeds under the right conditions can basically be left to roam as long as you feed them.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hear you. It can be really tough. I felt that way after having to put down 2 dogs in a row that I owned at separate times. Both of them before they even turned 2. I'm such a bulldog/mollosar fanatic though that I can't live without them in my life. I've tried, but I've always had a dog around since I was just a baby. I just can't live without them, especially since I have no kids.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I hear you. It can be really tough. I felt that way after having to put down 2 dogs in a row that I owned at separate times. Both of them before they even turned 2. I'm such a bulldog/mollosar fanatic though that I can't live without them in my life. I've tried, but I've always had a dog around since I was just a baby. I just can't live without them, especially since I have no kids.
My girlfriend and I are basically the same. Both raised around American Bulldogs and AmStafs. They're the absolute best companions we've had aside from each other.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My girlfriend and I are basically the same. Both raised around American Bulldogs and AmStafs. They're the absolute best companions we've had aside from each other.
I completely agree. Have you ever heard of or been part of the Bullyvard forum? It used to be on Manstoppers' website. It was one of the largest american bulldog forums for a while. I used to spend my days on there.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nah, not my cup of tea. Aside from fitness, you wont find me on a forum

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hear you. I’m not a big fan of forums/social media these days myself. Drains a lot of time. I’ve been a member here since around 2006 and used to post daily but these days it’s only once or twice a week now.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This kid is my child as well haha.
Loki looks relaxed in his mittens haha
Great looking boy. Yeah Loki is like a freight train now outside in the winter with his mitts, instead of prancing around like a deer on all the salt out there lol.. I'm in NY and we've been getting pummeled with snow the past few weeks. Pretty much all melting away now though.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
OMG I love dogs!
Here's my boy.

12400889_547949715381531_3202171520595072786_n.jpg

He dances like a horse; prowls like a cat; and gives me the claws when he's hungry!

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
20180310_141131.jpg

Buddy in the car seat. Clyde in back. We got buddy newborn. Clyde was a stray that wandered 2 miles off paved road up to my FIL's mountain top farm. Her dad called on Wednesday night saying this fog had been here a couple days. We went up next day and dog was still on the porch. We found her dad in the bathroom suffering from an aneurysm that apparently rupured shortly before we arrived. He was 90 and didn't survive. The dog kept him in the house since he was a 65lb jumper. We didn't originally have plans to go up on that thursday, since he's 40 minutes away. We might not have gone up till Saturday if he didn't call. Thank God we didn't find him dead. So we kept the dog since he wasn't chipped and no tags. And named him Clyde after my FIL.IMG00268-20091010-1424.jpg

That's Buddy a few weeks before we brought him home.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
photobucket-56863-1383834865411.jpgphotobucket-60993-1383834837641.jpg

The pic of Clyde was a week or so after bringing him home. Wife was getting groceries out of the trunk, and Clyde wanted to go for a ride, so he jumped in. He does the same thing if I put tailgate of my truck down while working in the yard.

Buddy doesn't like water, but loves lounging with mama during the summer, even on a float in a kiddie pool.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
PART_1422140261650_20150124_175727.jpg

Clyde trying on Buddy's hoodie. He wasn't as amused as we were.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
20180323_223841.jpg

This is Buddy, my 30# chihuahua.

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Recently lost my lovely girl Luna (not even 3 years old) to a sudden heart attack on Xmas morning (talk about sadness/depression).

dubs-jpeg.jpg

3 Weeks ago we rescued/adopted Olive, another sweet girl, my new obsession while I mourn/remember Luna...

olive-2.JPG

And of course before these nice girls, my boy Max passed away after 12 years w/ us (age 13) all great dogs...

maxie-big.JPG

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Our best friend, we’ve officially had him for 2 years now. He’s a little over 2 years old. We plan to get a second husky around his 3rd birthday.

B41BA203-34A1-47F9-A563-EA5ED19731FF.jpeg

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Our best friend, we’ve officially had him for 2 years now. He’s a little over 2 years old. We plan to get a second husky around his 3rd birthday.

View attachment 162357
Used to have a Husky but lived in a 2 bedroom apt. at the time and didnt feel it was fair to her so gave her up to a rescue

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Used to have a Husky but lived in a 2 bedroom apt. at the time and didnt feel it was fair to her so gave her up to a rescue
We live in a one bedroom apartment right now, but he gets long walks everyday as well as dog park a few times a week, every weekend we go to my parents and let him run around their big yard for the day, and we let him out on the tether in the front of the building for every once in a while when it’s nice out. His favorite thing is to just lay outside or sit and stare into the sky, so he does pretty well being in an apartment.

It honestly may be too much for him, he’s a little lazy and mostly prefers to just sit outside and watch lol

But I still feel bad, we’ll be getting a place with a yard when we get a second one.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is my moms dog Chloe. I love being around her. She’s got an amazing personality. She wants my food in this pic IMG_0248.jpg

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Not a dog, but had to post my Sage being weird. PhotoGrid_1523535593426.jpg