First Grappling contest in over 3 years

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
Well I didnt do TOO bad. I came out with a hurt right knee, a hurt left elbow, and 4th place. It was just a local comp but a rough one. I'm definitely in agreeance that open grappling is definitely harder than any other MA comps, all moves allowed just no punches and no kicks, crossfaces were allowed and so were Gi slaps. After a few more months of training I'll be back to compete again.

anyone else here compete in any grappling events?

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would like to try grappling. I think it would keep me in good shape.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
I just started taking classes. It's on base and you have to go by army standards, but it seems like pretty good stuff so far. Better than the typical crap they teach us, anyway. I go at night so it's pretty informal, just a few of us. A few of the guys know their **** and go outside of the regs.The "workout" aspect of it is pretty intense. I have a lot more to learn than I thought. Wrestling around with friends prepares your for this like backyard football prepares you for the NFL. It's something I plan on sticking with and possibly competing in down the road.

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
yea I think only a few people actually know how intense grappling can be
if you ever get the chance to come up to Denver check this place out http://www.grapplers-edge.com/ as soon as my schedule gets back to normal I'm going to start training there again check out the team photos these guys are intense
the classes you got going on in the Springs sounds cool I got my ass kicked so many times the first couple of years it wasnt funny, I hope you stick with it once you start getting the moves down its an incredible feeling

James

James

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It sounds great. If I can make time for it I will check it out.