Star wars 8

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Who's excited? Its been a long wait today the movie comes out. I was born the year the original came out so definitely holding onto a piece of my childhood w these movies.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Who's excited? Its been a long wait today the movie comes out. I was born the year the original came out so definitely holding onto a piece of my childhood w these movies.
It was awesome... Definitely had that star wars magic though was a lot of unexpected outcomes. Great movie and I guess these movies are more about the next generation.

Anyone else thoughts??

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It was awesome... Definitely had that star wars magic though was a lot of unexpected outcomes. Great movie and I guess these movies are more about the next generation.

Anyone else thoughts??
Haven't seen it yet. I havent see any of the new ones. I will forever believe in the otiginal 3 but maybe its time to see one of the new ones

Beta

Awards
  • Established
Actually saw this tonight. I liked it but it definitely had a Disney-esque flair and had a lot of repeated elements from past movies. Not my favorite but always a good watch imo

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve never seen any of it. My friend was texting me about how it made him cry and I didn’t know what to say.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
star wars 8 pissed me off!!!! fuk. really disappointed especially with how awesome rogue one was

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I️ thought it was great! Some of the Disney “humor” felt a bit off and I️ did t like it much, but not enough to make me not like the movie

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I️ thought it was great! Some of the Disney “humor” felt a bit off and I️ did t like it much, but not enough to make me not like the movie
I didn't mind the humor actually there was other reasons. I'm not gonna say due to spoilers.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didn't mind the humor actually there was other reasons. I'm not gonna say due to spoilers.
Yeah I thought it was good but definitely more about the newer characters. I saw an interview with Mark Hamill where he said if you're going into this movie trying to relive a piece of your childhood it's not going to happen. I think they use the original characters more to serve the purpose of the story for the newer characters. For those of us who grew up with Star Wars this can be kind of painful to watch. But at the end of the day it's entertainment and I thought the movie was good. Not the direction I would go as a die-hard Star Wars fan but good. It almost seems to me as the directors of these movies really don't understand what the essence of the force was about in these original movies. At any rate it is what it is different times amd disney-owned.

I thought the humor was off at times but good too at times because this is a darker type movie for Star Wars. At the end of this one there really wasn't much HOPE at all so curious to see what they will do in the next one.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I thought it was good but definitely more about the newer characters. I saw an interview with Mark Hamill where he said if you're going into this movie trying to relive a piece of your childhood it's not going to happen. I think they use the original characters more to serve the purpose of the story for the newer characters. For those of us who grew up with Star Wars this can be kind of painful to watch. But at the end of the day it's entertainment and I thought the movie was good. Not the direction I would go as a die-hard Star Wars fan but good. It almost seems to me as the directors of these movies really don't understand what the essence of the force was about in these original movies. At any rate it is what it is different times amd disney-owned.

I thought the humor was off at times but good too at times because this is a darker type movie for Star Wars. At the end of this one there really wasn't much HOPE at all so curious to see what they will do in the next one.
it's wasn't even that. it had some major fundamental flaws that i could not ignore. I want to say more but I also don't want to ruin anything.

Transhuman

Awards
  • Established
Thought it was a disaster and the most insulting film I've seen as of yet. I didn't think they could make something worse than 7 but I was very wrong about that.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
it's wasn't even that. it had some major fundamental flaws that i could not ignore. I want to say more but I also don't want to ruin anything.
Like introducing even more characters to just give them pointless tasks to complete?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thought it was a disaster and the most insulting film I've seen as of yet. I didn't think they could make something worse than 7 but I was very wrong about that.
I think it was better than 7 because 7 was pretty much a remake of 4, where this had some rehashed elements of 5 and 6, but also introduced some new items or took a different path. I'm seriously trying to decide if these sequels are worse than the prequels!

Transhuman

Awards
  • Established
I think it was better than 7 because 7 was pretty much a remake of 4, where this had some rehashed elements of 5 and 6, but also introduced some new items or took a different path. I'm seriously trying to decide if these sequels are worse than the prequels!
I say they're worse than the prequels. DIsney has undermined not just the past 6 episodes but the 40 years of hard work put into expanding the lore before the acquisition. At least the prequels fit into the lore instead of ruining the established great characters. Poe is the only character I don't despise in the new trilogy; Kylo being the worst.

My nerd rage is showing lol

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I say they're worse than the prequels. DIsney has undermined not just the past 6 episodes but the 40 years of hard work put into expanding the lore before the acquisition. At least the prequels fit into the lore instead of ruining the established great characters. Poe is the only character I don't despise in the new trilogy; Kylo being the worst.

My nerd rage is showing lol
Sort of spoiler alert, but seriously why read a thread discussing a movie you don't want to be spoiled on:
What a waste of Snoke! They could have went in a direction to tie in why the Sith are important, but nope. Complete waste of what could have been a great character.

Transhuman

Awards
  • Established
Sort of spoiler alert, but seriously why read a thread discussing a movie you don't want to be spoiled on:
What a waste of Snoke! They could have went in a direction to tie in why the Sith are important, but nope. Complete waste of what could have been a great character.
*Spoilers*

Exactly. How can a powerful Sith Lord like Snoke was made out to be not realize Kylo turning the lightsaber? He should have been able to see, hear and "feel" it move. Waste of Andy Serkis. Kylo is not an intimidating villain. Also, Serkis as Gollum looked on par if not better than Snoke despite the decade difference in production. Excessive CGI is never good. Then there's the big issue with Luke and how Disney completed butchered his character and purpose from the original trilogy.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Like introducing even more characters to just give them pointless tasks to complete?
god yes there are only 4 people that actually did something that mattered and even then most what they did didn't matter.

maggie.stine

maggie.stine

Awards
Spoilers Alert: Please don't hate me for posting this!

When I saw the trailers, I was like "hmm the empire strikes back. again."
Wrong.
This one's like a jumpstart to leave the past storyline behind. Snoke is dead, so, no more Emperor figure. Phasma is dead, so, no more Boba Fett figure. I also liked the idea of Rey not being connected to a big somebody (I guess we have to wait until IX to prove this), like anybody can be a Jedi now. IMO, it helps us focus on the new central characters while bringing the series into the realm of the unexpected.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Spoilers Alert: Please don't hate me for posting this!

When I saw the trailers, I was like "hmm the empire strikes back. again."
Wrong.
This one's like a jumpstart to leave the past storyline behind. Snoke is dead, so, no more Emperor figure. Phasma is dead, so, no more Boba Fett figure. I also liked the idea of Rey not being connected to a big somebody (I guess we have to wait until IX to prove this), like anybody can be a Jedi now. IMO, it helps us focus on the new central characters while bringing the series into the realm of the unexpected.
No offense Maggie but I think this is exactly what Pissed people off. They undid 40 years of star wars legend in one movie lol Even though its a piece of my childhood I'm with you, gotta evolve with the times.

I keep thinking though, the whole point of the movie was the menacing first order was waiting for them to run out of gas? Lol
Kind of a stupid movie storyline and as stated the Finn debacle did absolutely 0 to serve this story lol First order doesn't seem so menacing with their leader gone and a general hux who is now completely submissive to kylo ren.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Going on thursday. Is it worth paying the extra money for 3D?
A few movies I have seen in 3D in the past I really did not get much out of it.....

Trying to avoid the spoilers posts.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A few movies I have seen in 3D in the past I really did not get much out of it.....

I wouldn’t bother with 3D, I’ve never been a fan of it really

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I saw it in 3d it was good. Its a nice addition I mean it's only 4$ lol. I went with my mom and she didn't want to watch it in 3d initially but was blown away by the end

If you can handle the glasses id say it adds to the experience.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
i saw the last star wars in 3d, and honestly i flipped off my glasses a few times and I barley noticed a difference same with the last fast and the furious. It has been a while since I have been to the movies, so I don't know if much has changed.
I saw it in 3d it was good. Its a nice addition I mean it's only 4$ lol. I went with my mom and she didn't want to watch it in 3d initially but was blown away by the end

If you can handle the glasses id say it adds to the experience.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i saw the last star wars in 3d, and honestly i flipped off my glasses a few times and I barley noticed a difference same with the last fast and the furious. It has been a while since I have been to the movies, so I don't know if much has changed.
Well I took my glasses off a couple times too and honestly it looks blurry without them on. I don't think it will make much of a difference just kind of adds to it. The last one I saw was the last Jurassic park.

Transhuman

Awards
  • Established
Last 3D movie I saw was Spy Kids 3D and that's only because the DVD came with it. Feel old about that despite being young.

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
I say they're worse than the prequels.
The prequels were great! i agree that he recent star wars are not as good as the prequels but i think they are still good and am happy that they are making them and more to come. There's def a type of fan base when it comes to classic movies that despises any sort of alteration to movies simply bc its "not the classic" and those fans will never be happy with prequels , sequels, etc...
star wars 8 pissed me off!!!! fuk. really disappointed especially with how awesome rogue one was
I thought it was enjoyable, but not one of the best. Rogue one is one of my top 3 Star Wars episodes. It blows my mind when I hear of people who hated rogue one. I actually was much more disappointed with TFA than any of the other ones so far.
Actually saw this tonight. I liked it but it definitely had a Disney-esque flair and had a lot of repeated elements from past movies.
PORGS!! <3 besides the porgs.... i would have preferred the movie be a bit darker. The largest part of the star wars fan base is comprised of full grown adults now....

I’ve never seen any of it. My friend was texting me about how it made him cry and I didn’t know what to say.
i have yet to hear of anyone i know crying on this movie. which part was cry worthy?! lol...

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The prequels were great! i agree that he recent star wars are not as good as the prequels but i think they are still good and am happy that they are making them and more to come. There's def a type of fan base when it comes to classic movies that despises any sort of alteration to movies simply bc its "not the classic" and those fans will never be happy with prequels , sequels, etc...

I thought it was enjoyable, but not one of the best. Rogue one is one of my top 3 Star Wars episodes. It blows my mind when I hear of people who hated rogue one. I actually was much more disappointed with TFA than any of the other ones so far.
PORGS!! <3 besides the porgs.... i would have preferred the movie be a bit darker. The largest part of the star wars fan base is comprised of full grown adults now....

i have yet to hear of anyone i know crying on this movie. which part was cry worthy?! lol...
I think Rogue one was amazingly well written. It was such a great story which tied directly into episode 4. I would say its definitely one of the top 5 possibly top 3 for me.

I'm not going to lie I teared up in 2 scenes. One when Yoda was speaking about the greatest teacher being failure. Something I've learned in my own life so prob hit close to home. Then again in the last scene when Leaih was talking about people who were lost and how they're never really gone. I think this also tugged at my heartstrings because I could relate personally. For me it was more pulling on my own life experiences as well as probable connections to these 2 characters (Luke and Leah) stemming back from my childhood. Probably more about that than really emotional type scenes imo. But hey tough guys cry too lol I learned that real men aren't afraid to shed tears and embrace the reality of pain and "let it out".

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I thought it was enjoyable, but not one of the best. Rogue one is one of my top 3 Star Wars episodes. It blows my mind when I hear of people who hated rogue one. I actually was much more disappointed with TFA than any of the other ones so far..
I'd like to see more like Rogue One because it gives them more freedom to tell stories without significantly impacting existing characters. The Last Jedi tried hard to piss all over the original three movies.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rogue One was amazing, Last Jedi? Not so much. Don't get me wrong, I had a smile on my face the whole time, and it was quite enjoyable, but it was simply enjoyable filler content for me. I actually laughed out loud a few times, not at the comedy... but at how ridiculous a couple parts were (without spoiling: Leia in space, and Luke at the very very end). I'm not liking how this feels like a Disney movie now either.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rogue One was amazing, Last Jedi? Not so much. Don't get me wrong, I had a smile on my face the whole time, and it was quite enjoyable, but it was simply enjoyable filler content for me. I actually laughed out loud a few times, not at the comedy... but at how ridiculous a couple parts were (without spoiling: Leia in space, and Luke at the very very end). I'm not liking how this feels like a Disney movie now either.
But Disney thinks every one should use the force.... Because of course that's good for marketing lol I see where this whole thing is going and honestly I'm sure Disney was on board if not facilitated the script moving away from the chosen ones to a more anyone can be a force wielder for marketing which I think sucks and really will ruin everything that Lucas created.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They need to remake Ep 4 with a new young Luke and Han. Make it rated R directed by Quentin Tarantino lol.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They need to remake Ep 4 with a new young Luke and Han. Make it rated R directed by Quentin Tarantino lol.
I'd be super down for that, especially if he made Samuel L Jackson a Jedi :D

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
They need a boba Fett stand alone and a Maul stand alone movie....both great subjects with little screen time but a big following.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They need a boba Fett stand alone and a Maul stand alone movie....both great subjects with little screen time but a big following.
it's Disney you know they eventually will, as they always squeeze everything they can out of a series. they are just pacing it

IrelandRose

Awards
I haven't seen it, but my kids say it's amazing.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't seen it, but my kids say it's amazing.
it was a spectacle, funny, and decently entertaining. although there were major plot holes, scenes that had zero point, main characters who did virtually nothing the whole time, went against a lot of star wars lore, threw away everything from the force awakens, and more that I can't say without spoilers.

was it worth my $10 admission? ya it was. will I watch it again? maybe if I don't have to pay for it. was it still massively disappointing, especially after the awesome movie that was rogue one? HELL YES IT WAS DISAPPOINTING

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
It was an insult to anything Star Wars. The Mary Poppins scene was just horrible.

Rogue One was 100x better.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It was an insult to anything Star Wars. The Mary Poppins scene was just horrible.

Rogue One was 100x better.
Lol yeah probably the cheesiest moment of all time.... Worse than jar jar binks. When I saw it I was like ok Leah can fly now huh never seen that one before.

Definitely trampled on everything built (cannon) until this point. The storyline is just bad and honestly don't even know if it's worth watching what happens after this

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
"Did you change your hair?"

Just garbage.