What's the funniest thing you've seen at the gym?

T

Toff

Awards
  • Established
So yesterday I was in a bit of a grump, stressed, annoyed by people in the gym getting in the way, using all the toilets at once and the terrible music.. however one thing lightened my mood...

So I was mid-set, my concentration was distracted... I normally focus on the floor or piece of equipment when grunting away, but aware of my surroundings by peripheral.

So, in the corner of my eye I thought a person with a very odd walk had come in for a workout. This then changed to "oh wow someone is actually lunge-walking down the whole length of the gym!" initially I smirked as it looked so hilarious.

What got me is a second later, again in my peripheral, his mate followed closely behind in some sort of tandem gym walk! omg I was in stitches and couldnt stop grinning, it tickled me and couldnt stop giggling to myself like a little girl. I calmed myself down, being very childish, started some pulldowns facing the other direction this time then out of knowhere A KNEE! he was plodding past me this time walkign around equipement - I lost it.

Yes Lunging, get it, fine, but walking around the place like an 80's video game character just made me laugh like a school kid. Im not a tw*t, I kept it to myself and made sure I didnt let on they were making me laugh but still, it got me!

So, my thoughts were, if i find this childishly so hilarious, I wonder what else goes on around the world people find funny?

What have you seen?

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Recently when I was at the gym in the locker room, I saw these two naked middle aged looking guys who appeared to be close chums towel flicking each other's love spuds and laughing at each other hilariously. I couldn't help laughing as well. They have me a disgruntled look though. I guess it was some inside joke that only they were privy to.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A guy was distracted by i don't know what.. that he went to hit the bench and didn't realize there was only one side with a plate.. he didn't get hurt so that's why I am laughing hahah

jkat08

jkat08

Awards
I don't wanna give away any names but I grew up with a lot MUTF. Old school lifters and wrestlers here on the east coast. Put it this way. Wwe. started pretty much in my town.. before McMahon.. every body misjudges ounce in a while. Even my self at 15 an incline that was at school gym. Didn't have backing height on an incline I hada let go 325 over my bk or loose my arms. ..but best one iv seen IVAN crazy Russian. Squatting hada be round 6 change. In that red leotard... feel right back. .lol.. he was ok

kaitlynj2001

kaitlynj2001

Awards
my guy told me once he was in the locker room and there was this older gentleman using a hair dryer to dry his genitals.

that's an image you can't unimagine once you have imagined it

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
my guy told me once he was in the locker room and there was this older gentleman using a hair dryer to dry his genitals.

Yup seen that. Lol

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I cracked up once, when a dude with a huge shaker bottle started shaking it and the lid flew off. The whole slurp went straight in the face of a girl doing leg press.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How much eye bleach did u use after that?
Me? I wasn't the girl doing leg press. I was the girl doing zumba when it happened. :)

Reactions: dds
FrankM

FrankM

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Yup seen that. Lol
Permanent damage you cannot get rid of.[/QUOTE]

I too have witnessed this, definitely not something you want to walk into

lindabrock

lindabrock

Awards
Hi there, when I was doing exercise in gym one girl farted loudly.

Steezy

Steezy

Awards
  • Established
some dood loaded 315 on the skwat rack and told me to take a pic of him "holding the weight" but after his slight knee bend attempt he went to re rack it and did the old lean to one side and he didn't have clips on so ya you can picture the dominos effect.. man I WISHED I was recording and not taking a pic for his gram.. I died .. after he was okay.

maggie.stine

maggie.stine

Awards

LOL, oh my that is so awkward and that dude is crazy! LOL

Y

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
The funniest thing I ever did was knock an empty barbell into the mirror in front of a power rack. I needed to change the height of the hooks and the safety bars in a power rack. So I took the bar out and stood it on its end against the rack, so I'd only have to move it once. As I'm adjusting the hooks for my squat height, I bumped the bar, and over it went. Straight into the mirror. I got the douchebag award that day.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
LOL, oh my that is so awkward and that dude is crazy! LOL
The old dudes don't seem to give a care about anything. I've lost count how many times I've witnessed this happening with personal hair dryers and the hand dryers!

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
When the HS kids hit the gyms its an ongoing flux of poor forum, curl in the squat rack, misusing machine etc. its pretty entertaining.

However, the best was my buddy doing a heavy DL with this super hot girl 10-ft behind him... he let out the loudest fart you could imagine, not only did she look in disgust, but half of the gym did. To make it worse, everyone fell out laughing, which just drew more attention!

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Everything at planet fitness when I was going there for their cardio machines.

A girl came up to me and rubbed my thigh cuz she liked my tattoo.

A guy who waited for me at the squat rack cuz he needed to do shoulder presses.

The gym attendant who chased down the douche who left all his plates and made him rerack them.

The guy who made me hurry up with the squat rack because I was interrupting his gains (he did 5 sets of squats then left).

The guy who “flirted” with me by throwing a medicine ball at me.

The shi**y spotter who let the 50lb dbs drop on his guy’s chest.

The a*shole who wouldn’t let go of the bar when he was spotting me because... “that’s how you’re suppose to spot someone.”

And the journey continues...

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
I don't judge others... Pay attention to your workout. Not others

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
I cracked up once, when a dude with a huge shaker bottle started shaking it and the lid flew off. The whole slurp went straight in the face of a girl doing leg press.
Why is that funny?

I

IrelandRose

Awards
Myself. Sometimes I think I have no business there. I have no idea what I'm doing.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I saw a guy masturbating in the middle of the squat racks. I was just staring at him in the mirror then I remembered I have a Home gym.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I saw a guy masturbating in the middle of the squat racks. I was just staring at him in the mirror then I remembered I have a Home gym.
That is rather odd. Maybe he was just confused and thought that he was already in the locker room...

N

nathanb

Awards
I have very little memory on the GYM. I see an aged women sit aside. First I thought she comes to keep her fitness well. And after few days I know that she only comes to guard her daughter. That's really interesting for me.