Props to Nintendo

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
For getting people who like video games to actually go outside and exercise. For each Pokemon to hatch you have to walk either 2 km, 5 km, or 10km. The farther have to walk the more rare the Pokemon is.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's pretty cool. The gym battles are too broken for me to bother ATM (either getting kicked out of battles randomly, or health bars or Pokemon just getting stuck and the battle essentially becoming stuck and not ending), but catching Pokemon is really where the fun is anyway. I think they'll be adding trading soon, which will be awesome, so I'm keeping some spares of the rarer Pokemon to trade. Evolving some of the harder to find Pokemon is going to be pretty challenging.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
It's pretty cool. The gym battles are too broken for me to bother ATM (either getting kicked out of battles randomly, or health bars or Pokemon just getting stuck and the battle essentially becoming stuck and not ending), but catching Pokemon is really where the fun is anyway. I think they'll be adding trading soon, which will be awesome, so I'm keeping some spares of the rarer Pokemon to trade. Evolving some of the harder to find Pokemon is going to be pretty challenging.
I'm level 10 and haven't messed with battling yet. I'm going to wait until my rare eggs hatch and go from there. True, so far catching them has been awesome. Btw it's so much easier when you turn off your camera when catching the Pokemon. I've yet to catch anything super rare but I did just catch a wild lvl 339 pigeot

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm level 10 and haven't messed with battling yet. I'm going to wait until my rare eggs hatch and go from there. True, so far catching them has been awesome. Btw it's so much easier when you turn off your camera when catching the Pokemon. I've yet to catch anything super rare but I did just catch a wild lvl 339 pigeot
Have you hatched any eggs yet? So far I've only hatched a 2km egg, which was a Geodude (pretty cool), and I have two 5km eggs right now.

The only Pokemon I've seen but didn't catch (they got away) were a Meowth and a Horsea. My Pokedex says I've caught 34 and seen 36.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Trading is going to be awesome, and I hope they keep the trading evolutions, even if they still allow those Pokemon to evolve the "normal" way they do in GO. Like Kadabra > Alakazam. I'm keeping my extra Magmar, Pincer, and Charmander in the hopes they add trading soon (I think a commercial showed people trading Pokemon).

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Have you hatched any eggs yet? So far I've only hatched a 2km egg, which was a Geodude (pretty cool), and I have two 5km eggs right now.

The only Pokemon I've seen but didn't catch (they got away) were a Meowth and a Horsea. My Pokedex says I've caught 34 and seen 36.
That's cool. I'm going to hatch my 5kg on the way to the gym here in a little. The coolest thing I think I've caught so far is a machop. I think that's the Pokemon im going to focus on for a bit

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Trading is going to be awesome, and I hope they keep the trading evolutions, even if they still allow those Pokemon to evolve the "normal" way they do in GO. Like Kadabra > Alakazam. I'm keeping my extra Magmar, Pincer, and Charmander in the hopes they add trading soon (I think a commercial showed people trading Pokemon).
I hope they add it as well. Either way, as the game is now, it's pretty fun. I've dealt with a couple of glitches. Like catching a Pokemon and the ball not clicking three times, or clicking at all. It just kinda sits there and acts like it's loading.

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

My dog caught a Pokemon. I'm still trying to figure out how to play the game. It's a bit confusing.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Love this new game. The hilarity of seeing 5-10 random 20somethings wandering through empty children's daycare parking lots at 1am is however a bit disturbing haha

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Love this new game. The hilarity of seeing 5-10 random 20somethings wandering through empty children's daycare parking lots at 1am is however a bit disturbing haha
I heard a grown man outside of my apartment last night scream out of excitement for catching a new Pokemon. It made me crack up.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I never watched/played it, so this is of no interest to me, but I am happy to see people getting exercise.

What I'm not thrilled about, however, is the crime that has now been occurring by taking advantage of this -- messed up stuff and I imagine only worse will end up happening.

I'll just play it safe with my Tamagotchi, thank you very much!

lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I never watched/played it, so this is of no interest to me, but I am happy to see people getting exercise.

What I'm not thrilled about, however, is the crime that has now been occurring by taking advantage of this -- messed up stuff and I imagine only worse will end up happening.

I'll just play it safe with my Tamagotchi, thank you very much!

lol
tamagotchi's were the OG pokemon. so gangster.

JP10

JP10

Awards
Lets just say the amount of people walking the cemetery across the street from me has increased 10x, saw a guy continuously looping the cemetery in his Camaro yesterday for atleast a half hour.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Caught a low-600 Slowbro and Tentacruel a few houses down in the lake behind my house.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^^ pretty interesting read

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I dare someone to try and rob me while I'm hunting for some Pokemon. I'll introduce them to my elite team, the squirtle squad.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I dare someone to try and rob me while I'm hunting for some Pokemon. I'll introduce them to my elite team, the squirtle squad.
I can only imagine some idiots reaction trying to rob me while I'm carrying haha. Please do ;)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hahahaha those are epic

This is why you can't give adults kids toys ;)

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Tbh I'm using the Pokemon go app as my go-to-when-procrastinating app. It was this app/Donald trump thread

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Tbh I'm using the Pokemon go app as my go-to-when-procrastinating app. It was this app/Donald trump thread
perfect segway into the statement i made the other day... their solgan should be "make america FIT again" haha

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
perfect segway into the statement i made the other day... their solgan should be "make america FIT again" haha
Lol all thanks to Japan

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Because we need more people not paying attention to their surroundings walking around. A few run ins with cars may cure this.

JP10

JP10

Awards
I saw earlier today that it was banned in all OSU facilities lol.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Because we need more people not paying attention to their surroundings walking around. A few run ins with cars may cure this.
17alhu.jpg

RugbyBaller91

RugbyBaller91

Awards
I still can't believe how much money that single app made netenido net worth go up

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Apps are pure profit if you can pull them off.
Having the branding rights Nintendo does...
You might even see more of these

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Inb4 people climbing into sewers...

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This guy has all the Pokemons

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1468370517.362864.jpg

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1468375301.226752.jpg

Sadly I really think this will work

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They actually managed to make a game that is playable without paying, but where there is definitely incentive to pay, especially when you're out of Pokeballs and you see something rare. I find that a lot of free mobile games involve waiting around a lot if you don't pay, almost to the point where you feel like you're not getting the full experience and/or the game was designed solely as just a way to get you to pay money (I think South Park had an episode about mobile games like this). Pokemon GO actually feels like you're getting the full game, even if you don't pay, which is nice. I was out today for a few hours, and there was a gym on the map I could see, and in those ~2 hours it went from blue to red and back to blue. I think people were actually battling for the gym, haha. Pokemon battles is a much better way of red and blue turf battles than some other red vs blue turf battles.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pidgey eggs for breakfast:

Not a Pokemon, but it looks like one (I haven't seen nearly as many iguanas running around in the past few years):

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For the record, I only "like" the iguana.

lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Not a Pokemon, but it looks like one (I haven't seen nearly as many iguanas running around in the past few years):
It's because kids were catching them and making them fight since the game wasn't enough.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
How long until we get bluetooth pokeballs that add a bonus to capturing?

JP10

JP10

Awards
Saw videos of people putting their phones on record players, or taping them to ceiling fans so they would have to walk to hatch the eggs they get. Classic American move lol. No but in all seriousness, just get up and walk.. lol

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Saw videos of people putting their phones on record players, or taping them to ceiling fans so they would have to walk to hatch the eggs they get. Classic American move lol. No but in all seriousness, just get up and walk.. lol
Friend posted this yesterday and I got some lol'z out of it:

13615352_1813128675577262_6971154475479808940_n.jpg