Should I use...

bigredlemon

Awards
I'm not seeing much results by just eating big and lifting. According to my bf calipers, I'm gaining 4 times more fat than muscle when I bulk, and make no weight gains at all when I reduce my caloric intake.

Should I take a test booster like rebound xt, kilosport attack, novedex xtreme, etc? Or perhaps a better question would be, would you take it if you were me?

I'm mid 20s, 170lb@15%, and never used before.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
You need to figure out your diet first and find out whats wrong and start making gains first without supplements. They are not to be used as a crutch when your staling. Get a good book on diet or pay for someones personal help. Don't just take a supplement thinking that will help....There is a reason they are called "Supplements"

bigredlemon

Awards
I'm averaging 3500 cals per day with about 180g protein, 450g carbs, 110g fat, over 4 meals a day, right now. No alcohol. While not perfect, I think it's releatively good and I should be seeing better results than I am. I used to have been on 3200 cals per day with 300g protein, 300g carbs, 90g of fat. I'm getting better results on my current diet than I that. I have also been on a 4500cal/day diet and seem to have gained 10lb of fat per 1lb muscle. I don't think a mere boost of cals or protein will solve it. If there's something else I could try I would love to, but I can't really think of anything. I've been playing around with my diets during the 18 months and the above is the best I've found so far on bulking.

bigredlemon

Awards
Your only 170 pounds, you don't need 3500 calories!. No wonder you are gaining fat!
I was on 3200 cals/day for 8 months. I lifted 3-5 a week depending on the split, and for those 8 weeks of work, I dropped 1% bf and gained 0 pounds. At 3500 cals, I'm gaining about 1lb a week, about 75% fat 25% muscle. That's why I settled on 3500. Any lower and I don't seem to gain at all. Any higher and I don't gain only a little bit more muscle but a lot more fat.

bigredlemon

Awards
Right now I'm deciding between

1. continuing this bulking thing until Feb 06, where I should be at around 190 @ 20%bf, cutting to 12%bf probably at around 170, and then deciding what to do from there,
or
2. running rebound xt for a month and try to pack on as much size as possible so long as I stay under 20%bf

Do you think someone like should not be doing #2?