Any wrestling fans?!?!?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Any wrestling fans?!?!?


    Does NOT have to be WWF/WWE

    Who liked WCW? ECW? NWA? NJPW?

    I am a huge wrestling fan, have been a fan since like 95 BUT I do remember watching Hulk vs Warrior matches when I was a little kid.

    Anyone else?

    Post up some of your favorite matches, wrestlers, promos!!!!
    Whatcha Gonna Do....When Manimal-Mania RUNS WILD...ON YOUUUU?


  2. Whatcha Gonna Do....When Manimal-Mania RUNS WILD...ON YOUUUU?
    •   
       


  3. Haven't kept up with it in years. But I do love 80s and 90s wrassling! @thebigt , weren't we just talking about this?
    old enough to know better, too young to care



  4. Oh yeah, the battles that Ric and Dusty had were legendary!!!!!!!!!!
    Whatcha Gonna Do....When Manimal-Mania RUNS WILD...ON YOUUUU?

  5. Nutraceutical Innovations
    AMINDS15 - 15% code
    nutra-innovations.com
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    I wish I could adequately type out Hacksaw's battle cry on here.

    "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"


    LOL. About a month ago I stayed up way too late re-living the Sting/NWO saga on YouTube. I'm going to sound like an old man, but from what I can tell, they had much better story lines back then
    old enough to know better, too young to care

  7. USA USA USA USA!
    Nutraceutical Innovations
    AMINDS15 - 15% code
    nutra-innovations.com

  8. Quote Originally Posted by jalfrey View Post
    I wish I could adequately type out Hacksaw's battle cry on here.

    "OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"


    LOL. About a month ago I stayed up way too late re-living the Sting/NWO saga on YouTube. I'm going to sound like an old man, but from what I can tell, they had much better story lines back then
    I agree. Everything in the late 90s felt more "real". Everyone kept up their angles even in real life.

    I think the internet and social media is what has killed wresting for the most part, nobody keeps it real PLUS rumors and results coming out before the matches kills any momentum one might have
    Whatcha Gonna Do....When Manimal-Mania RUNS WILD...ON YOUUUU?

  9. Kayfabe was still a thing until the mid-90s and the MSG incident. That's when it started to fade away.

    NXT and ROH are about the only real "wrestling" left in the US. NJPW still has a fantastic product as well and is easier to follow now that they're on AXS. Okada is probably the best wrestler in the planet and his match against Tanahashi from WrestleKingdom was easily 5 stars.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

  10. BOARD TYRANT | TEAM GET DIESEL | GETDIESEL.COM
    FeFiFo.com support
    DIESEL TEST = Underground Kings of Test elevation!


  11. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Kayfabe was still a thing until the mid-90s and the MSG incident. That's when it started to fade away.

    NXT and ROH are about the only real "wrestling" left in the US. NJPW still has a fantastic product as well and is easier to follow now that they're on AXS. Okada is probably the best wrestler in the planet and his match against Tanahashi from WrestleKingdom was easily 5 stars.
    https://youtu.be/BvTNyKIGXiI
    BOARD TYRANT | TEAM GET DIESEL | GETDIESEL.COM
    FeFiFo.com support
    DIESEL TEST = Underground Kings of Test elevation!


  12. EC F'N W

  13. I caught New Jack's (empty) trash can after a match. I walked out with it. Some dude offered me $25 for it. I took it. I bought a case of beer and split it with my buds that night.
    BOARD TYRANT | TEAM GET DIESEL | GETDIESEL.COM
    FeFiFo.com support
    DIESEL TEST = Underground Kings of Test elevation!


  14. Quote Originally Posted by jalfrey View Post
    Haven't kept up with it in years. But I do love 80s and 90s wrassling! @thebigt , weren't we just talking about this?
    boom baby...back in the 70's the local indy favorite was dick the bruiser, I went to see him against ernie ladd at the old market square arena....bobby henenan/the black jacks/killer Kowalski/ivan koloff/ andre the giant/gorilla monsoon/Bruno sammartino...but I really loved the midgets back then, they were much better then than now, imo.
    ICONIC FORMULATIONS REPRESENTATIVE

    use code THEBIGT for 25% off

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Piston Honda View Post
    I never get tired of that video. That event occurred in my hometown but I didn't make it.
    old enough to know better, too young to care

  16. I'll check in from time to time still. I watched pretty religiously during the Monday night wars, I was in junior high when it started and checked out senior year. Some good memories watching back them! Mankind getting choke slammed through the cage was amazing
    Black Lion Research Rep

  17. My dad gets so angry when I tell him that wrestling is fake. Haha, watching wrestling is a nightly ritual for my pops.
    If I live every moment believing, then the chaos in my heart will be a beautiful thing.-
    I am in love, but not in love with someone or something, I am in love with my life. And for the first time, in a long time, everything is inspiring.-



  18. I miss this Jericho
    Whatcha Gonna Do....When Manimal-Mania RUNS WILD...ON YOUUUU?

  19. if you all haven't seen the movie 'the wrestler' you need to.
    ICONIC FORMULATIONS REPRESENTATIVE

    use code THEBIGT for 25% off

  20. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    if you all haven't seen the movie 'the wrestler' you need to.
    Great movie!!!! It was very well done
    Whatcha Gonna Do....When Manimal-Mania RUNS WILD...ON YOUUUU?

  21. Back in the late 80s the company got us front row seats at MSG for WWF. We basically screamed the Brooklyn Brawler out of the ring. What a rush!

  22. I am a great wrestling fan and have lots of wrestling DVD's in my private collection. My favorite wrestler is Roman Reigns!

  23. Quote Originally Posted by JorgeTyler View Post
    I am a great wrestling fan and have lots of wrestling DVD's in my private collection. My favorite wrestler is Roman Reigns!
    I have to ask whether you're serious or not; and if so, why?
    BOARD TYRANT | TEAM GET DIESEL | GETDIESEL.COM
    FeFiFo.com support
    DIESEL TEST = Underground Kings of Test elevation!


  24. AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Cesaro, Bray Wyatt are my dudes right now

  25. Jordan Burroughs, Abdulrashid Sadulaev, Reza Yazdani...oh wait, you mean "rasslin'" ;-)
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Any boxing fans in here?
    By Artdawg in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-10-2011, 08:48 PM
  2. Any Michigan Fans out there???
    By Yjyankee in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-26-2007, 10:15 PM
  3. Any Animation Fans ???
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2007, 11:53 AM
  4. Any Hockey fans here?
    By grock in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-25-2005, 07:08 PM
Log in
Log in