What causes test levels to fluctuate?

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
I had a blood profile done two weeks ago (which included total test and free test levels) and then I just had another total testosterone level blood test a couple of days ago when I, at the same time, went in for a cholesterol test.

The first reading for total test is 100 pts higher than the second, though both are in-range. I was in a fasting state both times. Is a 100 pt swing common between tests? What can cause the fluctuation?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Morning TEST levels are highest (correct me if I'm wsong) - explains morning wood. Lots of things are explain the fluctuation, sleep or lack of sleep, diet, if you drank heavily recently... there are a lot of variables.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Both of my tests were done at approx the same time of late morning and as I said, both when fasting. I guess I was just thrown by the 100pt swing. I knew it would be the exact same figure, but I did not know it could be so different so quickly with nothing else (eating, sleeping, supplementation) being done differently.

Hm..

Oh well.

I've got my baseline(s) now anyway.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Morning TEST levels are highest (correct me if I'm wrong) - explains morning wood.
You sure???:think: I get morning wood 'cause I have to drain the "monster" first thing when I get up.:icon_lol:
Lots of things are explain the fluctuation, sleep or lack of sleep, diet, if you drank heavily recently... there are a lot of variables.
ditto

spitboy

Throbbing Member
Awards
  • Established
AFAIK::: Natural Test is released in spurts throughout the day (haha I said spurts)-- with the first one being when you wake up (same with Cortisol, right?) And then it's released sporadically throughout the day so your level can fluctuate and why you're instructed to take the test first thing in the morning.