Anybody watching MLB up at capitol hill

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So far I think they are handling theirselves pretty well. I can't imagine what congress intends to get out of them. Oh and **** Conseco too that damn bastard is really just trying to make money off of exposing people's usage to the uneducated public

whunterx

whunterx

Awards
Congress has nothing better to do, I guess.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
canseco is making me sick

he's now saying he's for a ZERO tolerance policy with steriods after saying he think its a good thing that athletes use steriods ... man i hate that guy

hogiejoe

Banned
Awards
i just watched all there testimonies. i honestly think that big mac was crying because he knew he was lying and felt bad about it having come this far. it is getting ridiculous though. what is the friggin point in digging up the past? i heard one suit say that they should erase all their stats. those guys hit balls that went over the fucking wall and erasing their stats would just be ridiculous. if they dont want drugs in the sport then make testing tougher, but i really don't see the point in bringing this **** up now. oh and yes canseco is a complete piece of ****, i cant believe i practically idolized that guy.

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Main story tonight on NBC Nightly News :rolleyes:

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
pisses me off; why pick on mcgwire? he doesn't even play the damn game anymore. to me his testimony is irrelevant. where the **** does congress get off on meddling in sports anyway? a waste of my fucking tax dollars; meanwhile the cartel of known as OPEC has successfully raised gasoline futures to record levels. regular unleaded gasoline here in KY is now $2.25/gallon. i have never seen it top $2/gal in my life. hell i remember when it was $.99

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
What I hated the most was using "victims" of steroids. Like the "kid" who killed himself cause of steroids. They made it seem like the poor guy was forced to use steroids because he admired Barry Bonds and noticed how big Barry got. The most disturbing part was that the father said OTC supplements like creatine and protein are the gateway to roids like those believe weed is a gateway drug to narcotics. That's all congress needs to hear inorder to ban creatine :rolleyes:

coofoostu

Awards
I read the front page of the USA today and saw a quote from some dad who said his 17 year old son killed himself after taking steroids. He then said that all players who use steroids are not only cheaters but cowards. What bullshit, blame the steroids for your bad parenting. And by saying that doesn't it make his son a cheater and coward?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I read the front page of the USA today and saw a quote from some dad who said his 17 year old son killed himself after taking steroids. He then said that all players who use steroids are not only cheaters but cowards. What bullshit, blame the steroids for your bad parenting. And by saying that doesn't it make his son a cheater and coward?
It just seems like no one can take responsability for their mistakes anymore, it's always someone's fault. The way they talk about steroids would have one believe that the steroids ambushed these poor innocent kids on the field. They don't realize that these kids had to look for dealers and wanted to use steroids.

Rictor33

Awards
  • Established
enron? Haliburton? Did we hold congressional hearings for those problems? nope. Steroids in Major league baseball (LIKE WE CARE, THEY HIT MORE HOMERS AND PUT ASSES IN THE SEATS) yes.. Is it just me or are our government's priorities seriously fucked up? I really hate this bad bias that roids are getting and these parents who blame steroids for their son's death, when all in all I am sure steroids had very little to do with it. No normal person with a normal family life would kill himself just because he underwent a little depression due to steroid use. Obviously the parents were not good parents and neglected the kid too much, but is it their fault? Nah. It's the players that took steroids fault. They made him do it, Jose Canseco came to the kid's house every week and injected him with roids when he was asleep. Talk about a lack of accountability, which is really common nowadays.

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
made him do it, Jose Canseco came to the kid's house every week and injected him with roids when he was asleep. Talk about a lack of accountability, which is really common nowadays.
man, i wish my steroid godmother would come gimme a shot of enth in the ass while i sleep.