Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
School Shooting Leaves At Least 6 Wounded, Suspect Dead

School Shooting Leaves At Least 6 Wounded, Suspect Dead

Outside of Seattle, WA there was a school shooting this morning at Marysville-Pilchuck High School.

From the Seattle Times:

A student believed to have opened fire at Marysville-Pilchuck High School Friday morning is dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to two law-enforcement sources.

Police have not released details, but there are reports of as many as seven other people shot about 10:45 a.m. Four of the injured were taken by ambulance to Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett, including one with a head wound.

More than an hour after the shooting, police still are searching room to room with guns drawn, leaving tape to mark the doors of the rooms that have been cleared. Officers are finding students and staff members hiding alone or in small groups.

QuinoaSucks

QuinoaSucks

Awards
Makes me wonder if these types of incidents really are that much more frequent than in the past, or if the proliferation of information is just making them that much more available to us.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Makes me wonder if these types of incidents really are that much more frequent than in the past, or if the proliferation of information is just making them that much more available to us.
I think school shootings/stabbings are more common now than before. I think kids do not know how to deal with certin issues and cannot face them in a healthy manner. Being in education for a short period, I have seen some weird behaviors from students and that is in an area where everyone is brought up well. As far as overall violence goes, I agree with your assessment. I think the media and social media we have access to, we are exposed to a lot more violence than we once were. We just hear about it more and at the moment it happens.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been in education for roughly 13 years as a teacher and administrator. There are a lot of variables that play a role in this. However, when speaking to frequency, it statistically is not more frequent. Our news availability is far superior.

I will say though, it is intriguing how in the news this turns into a bullying issue of a gun control issue, not the mental health issue it truly is

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I will say though, it is intriguing how in the news this turns into a bullying issue of a gun control issue, not the mental health issue it truly is
Bolded for Emphasis and Truth. Something very common if you take an abnormal psychology class. Studied Serial Killers, their thought processes, their mindset, and also what they did why they did, and why things like this happen more towards the end of fall and the start of winter. the longer it is dark out the higher rates of suicide.

What is shocking is still the amount of grief to the families of those killed, and somehow the parents of the person who did the crime are dumbfounded at how their kid would ever do it, how they got a hold of all these weapons, and how they set it al up without them even knowing a damn thing. Like their son showed 0 signs of this happening.