bench

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
what is this....? a qoute about benching on bb.com
if you want to lift more, ya arching your lower back helps but isnt form an issue? i dont know...just caught my eye

"Arch your back as much as possible; you should be able to see daylight between the bench and your lower back."
"

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
I can't arch my back when I bench since I hurt my back in wrestling.

but IMO they are wrong

it puts too much emphasis on the lower pecs and not on overall development.

Bone

Awards
Arching your back is like swinging when you do arm curls.:rolleyes: Its some bad advice................

Peace

Bone

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
ya, i dont even consider a choice really. its just catches my eye when people post articles giving misinformed advice. (not just this, but there are some off pointers in other articles too)

Matt T

Awards
arching your back while benching is a powerlifting trick that lessens the range of motion and thusly increases the max poundage handled.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
arching your back while benching is a powerlifting trick that lessens the range of motion and thusly increases the max poundage handled.
right...but it at ideal for non-powerlifters. this article was portraying your average bodybuilder/lifter whos goals werent powerlifting.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
If I can't lift it with my back against the bench.... I won't lift it.. Why sacrifice ROM and time uder load just to be able to put up a few more pounds? Not like anyone cares about how much you bench besides you...

ManBeast

P.S. this post isn't directed at anyone in particular, the "you" used throughout is the "general you."

Matt T

Awards
in a powerlifting competition, it is the max poundage that matters. i realize an arch has little or no place in bodybuilding, as the emphasis is on developing each muscle to its fullest, but powerlifting has a different focus (i.e. time under tension and ROM should be lessened not increased to handle the most weight possible.) i'm a powerlifter, but there are still bodybuilders much stronger than me.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
no disrespect for powerlifters intended, but I know... that I'm personally more impressed by someone with tiny amounts of weight, but doing proper form, than someone with a fuckton of weight who has no/improper form. I'd kinda like to see a rule in powerlifting that you have to keep your back flat/naturally arched when doing it, but that's probably just me. :D

ManBeast

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
That man is a beast!

...wait.... does this mean I have to get a new name? :eek: :confused:

:D
ManBeast

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
I'm personally more impressed by someone with tiny amounts of weight, but doing proper form, than someone with a fuckton of weight who has no/improper form.

ManBeast
very true..but more impressed at someone lift heavy weight with strict form. (hehe)

Matt T

Awards

pretty deebo....how much he throwing up there?
that is Scot Mendelson, he is benching 701 Raw (no bench shirt). he plan on getting 815 later this year in competition with a shirt.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Should I buy this?????

hehehehe... Talk to ya.. Went and looked at it last night..

Attachments

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Admin Articles 0
Admin Articles 5
Training Forum 32
Sage0607 Training Forum 43
Training Forum 3