The official FML thread

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
Ill start it off-

Just this morning I was told by a few friends I was looking good and starting really starting to "get swole". This obviously bloated my ego just a bit before going to the doctor.

I go in for my checkup, I hop on the scale-6'1 215. Im stoked because that means I put on some muscle. The very first that comes out of the nurses mouth
"Your overweight and borderline obese."
My response then is "I have a 34 inch waist and 11% body fat-Im not obese. Please dont write that down."
She says "On this chart right here your BMI says your borderline obese, so as far as im concerned your borderline obese. You can take it up with your doctor when he comes in. Im putting your overweight and borderline obese"

FML

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ill start it off-

Just this morning I was told by a few friends I was looking good and starting really starting to "get swole". This obviously bloated my ego just a bit before going to the doctor.

I go in for my checkup, I hop on the scale-6'1 215. Im stoked because that means I put on some muscle. The very first that comes out of the nurses mouth
"Your overweight and borderline obese."
My response then is "I have a 34 inch waist and 11% body fat-Im not obese. Please dont write that down."
She says "On this chart right here your BMI says your borderline obese, so as far as im concerned your borderline obese. You can take it up with your doctor when he comes in. Im putting your overweight and borderline obese"

FML
Punch them

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
Lol the use of BMI to determine health is a lie

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
I have ran into this in the past, and it drives me nuts! and now with obesity being classified as a disease you may just be labeled as having a pre existing condition...due to a high BMI in the near future if not now..

tjbruno

tjbruno

Awards
I'm obese according to bmi too, bro. makes no sense...

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's F up!!!! As long as you're healthy, F what the doctors and nurses say! I was considered obese when I took my bmi test a few months ago also. And to prove that it's very wrong. My friend swore she jumped from a 52% body fat to a 36% body fat in a month....

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established