Symbol for achilles, is there one? (tattoo)

Grant

Awards
  • Established
I would like to get another tatto, I would like to get the symbol for achilles (the warrior) tattooed on the back of my ankle, over the achilles tendon. Problem is, does a symbol or sign exist?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I have seen an achilles statue on the history channel but that's about it

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Yea thats what Im thinkin, I havent seen anything else

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
lemme know if you find a nice image of it, I can't find one on google.

Grant

Awards
  • Established
I cant find one either, Ill keep looking

Grant

Awards
  • Established
I think Ill just get something around my ankle in old english again. My left ankle says "A Case Of Pride" wraped around it, looks great.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Modern symbol for Achilles = Brad Pitt naked.

lol

The shield of Achilles is described in detail in the Iliad, however it is a fanciful description that could never be reproduced as a tatoo..far too detailed. it would take a full blown mural to even attempt it.

There is no standard "symbol" that would allude to Achilles or even Heracles. They each had their trademark magical weapons but these have been copied so many times throughout history and fiction that they have lost their meaning.

Grant

Awards
  • Established
dag

Guess Ill just get some writng wraped around my other ankle, I love my one I have and so does everyone who sees it.

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Some of Alexander the Great's coinage is rather cool and aludes to heracles. I saw a rather large depiction of Achilles' shield that was true to homer but it is true, it would take up your entire back.

Grant

Awards
  • Established
it would take up your entire back.
Yea **** that, I dont even know what I want back there, I got 3 one around my ankle, one on right shoulder (a laurel wreath) and one inside my lip, on the lower lip.