Yulee (North East Florida) Best gym?

MightyMex

MightyMex

Awards
This is my first post, I used to be a member on a different board but it was mostly trolls, ads, and no good info.

I live in Yulee, Florida (NE Florida) and I am looking for opinions on local gyms.
I am currently a member of Anytime Fitness but I am really interested about getting into bodybuilding, not for competing but mostly for personal reasons. Too many years of being a couch potato took their toll. Ha!

I've seen several gyms in the area, but is kind of hard to go try all of them out to figure out which one is the best. I am not only talking about pricing but also equipment, support, etc.

Because of my work, I tend to hit the gym late at night, midnight usually, so there ain't nobody to even ask ****. So being new into this it gets a little hard at times.

I am also very interested on Anabolic use, I've read a couple of books, seen a couple of documentaries so I am intrigued. Just gonna have to lower by body fat before I can even think about a cycle.

If you live in Nassau County, Florida and you have any tips about gyms in the area, reply to this or hit me up

I can't afford a personal trainer right now
One more thing... If you were to pick a bodybuilding magazine, which one would you pick? Mens Health is full of non-sense

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is my first post, I used to be a member on a different board but it was mostly trolls, ads, and no good info.

I live in Yulee, Florida (NE Florida) and I am looking for opinions on local gyms.
I am currently a member of Anytime Fitness but I am really interested about getting into bodybuilding, not for competing but mostly for personal reasons. Too many years of being a couch potato took their toll. Ha!

I've seen several gyms in the area, but is kind of hard to go try all of them out to figure out which one is the best. I am not only talking about pricing but also equipment, support, etc.

Because of my work, I tend to hit the gym late at night, midnight usually, so there ain't nobody to even ask ****. So being new into this it gets a little hard at times.

I am also very interested on Anabolic use, I've read a couple of books, seen a couple of documentaries so I am intrigued. Just gonna have to lower by body fat before I can even think about a cycle.

If you live in Nassau County, Florida and you have any tips about gyms in the area, reply to this or hit me up

I can't afford a personal trainer right now
One more thing... If you were to pick a bodybuilding magazine, which one would you pick? Mens Health is full of non-sense
I wouldn't pick any magazine.

I read MD occasionally but just for entertainment in 24 hour shifts. Outside of that they're basically just BS.

MightyMex

MightyMex

Awards
I was kinda hopping there was a magazine out there with more than one paragraph of actual content for every 20 full pages of advertisements.

I do have a year worth of MD Magazine (pdf files). I guess that would have to do for now

Thanks for the reply

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I was kinda hopping there was a magazine out there with more than one paragraph of actual content for every 20 full pages of advertisements.

I do have a year worth of MD Magazine (pdf files). I guess that would have to do for now

Thanks for the reply
Go pick up a book I used to have. I've seen it at borders an Barnes & noble but can't remember the author. It's a pretty basic, no bs basic"strength training anatomy" book. It is exactly what it says it is and nothing else. I thought of it as a bible for beginners and a great guide to reference when planning new routines or adding. briefly Describes the action of each lift along with an anatomy illustration highlighting primary and secondary muscle groups worked. It's about the same size as a magazine but 3 times as thick with a firm paperback (to give you a description what to look for since I lost mine and don't have the exact title/author info).

MightyMex

MightyMex

Awards
Thanks, mikeg313

I will try to find that book you mentioned. I do have several ebooks when it comes to bodybuilding and muscle anatomy but the reason behind my interest in magazines was mostly because when it comes to building my own routine is where I have problems.

Here is why..

My lower body is way stronger than my upper body, thick legs and skinny arms... I can get definition on my arms really fast but not much of a bulk.
At 5'11, 200 lbs 20%bf my arms kinda look disproportionate compared to the rest of my body.
( I can leg press 450 lbs but I can't do a pull up)

Yes, I know it takes time specially if you had a sedentary life style for almost two decades, but at the same time I know I should not over train my upper body...

I have had some gains and good results so far, ain't nowhere near where I want to be. I did realize that changing routine every 6-8 weeks works best for me so... I was interested in magazines for their new routines mostly.

I don't think I have problems when it comes to form, just creating a routine that will help me get where I want to be.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
toughchick401 General Chat 11
FireTitan General Chat 100
The Solution General Chat 40
hooah47 Workout Logs 44
Post Cycle Therapy 7