WHat is the fastest way to gain weight?

BOZITIME

Awards
i work out 5 times a week...i never gain weight...i actually lose it....what's the fastest way to gain weight while working out?

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
A steady diet of pizza and beer! But seriously eat as much as you can, get enough sleep, train hard and heavy but not too often, that's it in a nutshell. Even 5 days a week might be too much training depending on how you recover. You grow when you rest, not when you train. Without knowing your diet and style of training and stats, that's about as detailed an answer as you can get.

BOZITIME

Awards
A steady diet of pizza and beer! But seriously eat as much as you can, get enough sleep, train hard and heavy but not too often, that's it in a nutshell. Even 5 days a week might be too much training depending on how you recover. You grow when you rest, not when you train. Without knowing your diet and style of training and stats, that's about as detailed an answer as you can get.
yea, i do eat alot...i dont know if this is too much...tell me if this is.....everyday i bench...2 sets of 185 10 times each, 15 pound dum bells on each side 20 times each, legs 25 pound dumb bells on each side 2 sets of 10's, triceps 15lbs each side 2 sets of 50's and then i do dum bells again 2 sets of 50's and then i rest for 15 minutes and do 50 sit up's and85 push-ups........i dont think that's too much.....i eat a hell alot too....you know how you get hungry as **** after working out.......and of course i sleep 7 or more hours a day.....i'm confused with my body...

BOZITIME

Awards
yea, i do eat alot...i dont know if this is too much...tell me if this is.....everyday i bench...2 sets of 185 10 times each, 15 pound dum bells on each side 20 times each, legs 25 pound dumb bells on each side 2 sets of 10's, triceps 15lbs each side 2 sets of 50's and then i do dum bells again 2 sets of 50's and then i rest for 15 minutes and do 50 sit up's and85 push-ups........i dont think that's too much.....i eat a hell alot too....you know how you get hungry as **** after working out.......and of course i sleep 7 or more hours a day.....i'm confused with my body...
oh yea i forgot i do shoulders too....25 pund dumb bells2 sets of tens and that's a day's work out for me....

BOZITIME

Awards
oh yea i forgot i do shoulders too....25 pund dumb bells2 sets of tens and that's a day's work out for me....
and another thing..i've used liquid creatine, powder creatine, protein shakes...creatine just made my muscles a little bigger and cut...and after i drink the shakes i **** it all out...

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
That everyday thing is the fastest way to LOSE muscle mass. You need to rest. Work out each bodypart only once every seven days. I know some big boys who only hit each part once every nine days! Rest is veeeery important. It takes each bodypart huge amounts of time to recover from an intense workout. I've read that heavy sets of negative, for example. on bench can take as long as 10 days to recover from. So, try a 5 daya week, one bodypart per day (hitting each only one time each week) routine. Couple that with a good diet, lots of protein, hi GI carbs for PWO, like maltodextrin. You should put on some weight. (NoTE: almost 100% of the time if you're getting stronger your muscles are growing...just FYI)

BOZITIME

Awards
That everyday thing is the fastest way to LOSE muscle mass. You need to rest. Work out each bodypart only once every seven days. I know some big boys who only hit each part once every nine days! Rest is veeeery important. It takes each bodypart huge amounts of time to recover from an intense workout. I've read that heavy sets of negative, for example. on bench can take as long as 10 days to recover from. So, try a 5 daya week, one bodypart per day (hitting each only one time each week) routine. Couple that with a good diet, lots of protein, hi GI carbs for PWO, like maltodextrin. You should put on some weight. (NoTE: almost 100% of the time if you're getting stronger your muscles are growing...just FYI)
if i dont work out for 1 week..i feel like im getting skinnier or losing muscle mass..is that normal? people actually told me once i look smaller at the time...

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
I know A 52 year old that doesnt go past 15 reps on his bench WO, eow he goes for a max in a different variation of the bench, he benches ED, not over 85% of 1rm.(except for max days)

his working sets are in the 370-410 range no sh_ _. he used to be an olympic lifter,
trains bench ED.

not good for adding size,( he is big), but excellent for strength.
back then my bench went from 275 to 320, 1 and 1/2 yrs ago,in a matter of weeks, clean.
his logic was the bulgarians were doing a variation of ED WO's and they were strong as hell. he used to show me this video of this 170lber front squatting 640 and this dude stood up with it like it was 135.

so i am convinced there is some truth behind it.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
if i dont work out for 1 week..i feel like im getting skinnier or losing muscle mass..is that normal? people actually told me once i look smaller at the time...
You get used to it...

Do something like this, this is what I'm talking about...

Mon: Chest / Abs
Tues: Back / Traps
Wed. Shoulders / Tris
Thurs: Hams / Bis
Fri: Quads / Calves
Sat: off
Sun: off

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Go as heavy as you can while still using correct form on 90% of the reps.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
Above all else PLEASE get rid of the 15 lb dumbells!:thumbsup:

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Large amounts of calories in....limited amounts of calories out.

If you are eating lik you're should be, then I would guess it's your workouts. Try low volume, low reps, compound lifts, and target your caloric intake around this. There are plenty of diets in the nutrition section of this board, as are some workout styles.

Better yet, get with Bobo and try his muscle building package. Would make a kick ass Christmas gift.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Better yet, get with Bobo and try his muscle building package. Would make a kick ass Christmas gift.
I agree with this. Not just to pimp Bobo :thumbsup: but because it seems you have one of two optins:

1. learn, research and find it out for yourself and make your own plan (highly recommended). This takes a LONG time to get right, but you need to figure these things out by researching and reading as much as possible.

2. Go with Bobo and let him get you results right now, and in the background learn and find out how to plan your diet, training, etc. This may be the best optin for you because you can get the results you want, just make sure you ask questions and research the whole time too.

JMO

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
Large amounts of calories in....limited amounts of calories out.
I wholeheartedly agree. Eat lots of cheese to keep that food stuckin your body for as long as possible.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

I'm assuming you're talking about limiting cardio here.