Walking around in the locker room barefoot?

FitnessXtrm

FitnessXtrm

Awards
Out of curiosity, how many of you roam the locker room, showers, bathroom of the gym barefoot? Really, to each their own but hot damn that's not me. In fact it gives me the serious heeby jeebies and grosses me out (I'm not a crazed germ-a-phobe but a minor one). In fact today, I was at the urinal and some dude steps up to the one next to me barefoot. OMG that was too much for me (haha). Has he even seen the floor below the urinal?

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting...I actually went to a water park when I was a bit younger and walked around barefoot and remember I came home that night and had like a pimple on my foot (not understand I'm like 16 so I have a bit of face acne) and it was weird so I popped it but it didn't pop like a normal pimple it just oozed...well anyway I was getting ready for bed and popped a few zits on my face well I guess I had some of that ooze on my hands and it got into my face pimples and long story short within a week I had this horrible flesh eating bacteria all over my face and foot!!! Ended up in the hospital with heavy medication and a fully bandaged face it was like I was turning into a lizard with my face peeling and oozing ugh worse month of my life

FitnessXtrm

FitnessXtrm

Awards
^^ Oh Jesus...thanks for the nightmares I'm about to have tonight (haha)

The Witness

It's crazy to see how many people actually do walk around barefoot. I never could, and never would. Always got flip flops for showers as well.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
It doesnt bother me in the least bit. Ive gotten athletes foot from it once and i still do it. Dont live life scared. And i also walk to the urinal barefoot, u do realize people piss in the gym showers. Its not gonna hurt you.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i'd never do it....i don't shower at my gym since as soon as my workout is over i'm home and showered....however i've gotten planters wort on my foot from what i think was from a hotel floor...so the wetness and disgustingness of gym lockerrooms would never allow me to go barefoot

murk01

murk01

Awards
Funk that. Never do and never will. My boy had farmers wart, the doc cut a hole in his foot so deep u could stack a quarter roll of dimes in it.
Don't know if it came from the locker room but... fuk I ain't taking the chance

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Funk that. Never do and never will. My boy had farmers wart, the doc cut a hole in his foot so deep u could stack a quarter roll of dimes in it.
Don't know if it came from the locker room but... fuk I ain't taking the chance
I got a planters wart from the gym, they tried freezing it never work, so they had to cut it out. The root was so friggin long it was gross. Hurt walking for a long time after. I wear shower shoes everywhere in gym locker room.

murk01

murk01

Awards
I got a planters wart from the gym, they tried freezing it never work, so they had to cut it out. The root was so friggin long it was gross. Hurt walking for a long time after. I wear shower shoes everywhere in gym locker room.
Lol
Thank God I never had it. When I saw the hole in this dude foot I almost pass out.

FitnessXtrm

FitnessXtrm

Awards
Yep it's flip flops for me at all times in the locker room!

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
I haven't wore flip flops in a while. No athletes foot or anything. But I hate showering at the gym now. I will always go home before work