how do you bros deal with breakups

warren123

Awards
me and the gf just ended after almost 2 years, kind of lost interest in her and things weren't going well so we mutually ended it. hardest thing is not having someone there at all times even though the thought of having all free time to myself is nice.

no idiots plz

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hit the gym and then hit the bars. When I'm grieving, the last thing I want to do is be inside for an extended period of time.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Things hurt in life sometimes.

You have to find what makes u feel good though. Follow what makes u happy.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
true story:
my ex and i were together for 7 years, came home from work and she moved all her stuff back to her moms with no explanation, i was single and somewhat lost for a year. then i meet a girl off of myspace and here 6 years later we are married, have a 7 month old son and couldnt be happier..

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
Yall know the old saying. "The quickest way to get over someone it's to get under someone else". It's the truth too lol.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
the positive note is you mutually ended it.

clean slate. you're not dealing with guilt or the feeling of being screwed over (for
the most part)

just stay busy, go hang with friends

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
Thats when i finally joined the gym 2 or 3 years ago after me and my ex broke up with your situation are you just bored or do you miss her. Its easy to feel as if you dont care for someone when your with them, then when there gone its a different story how do you feel about this girl?

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
Just stay busy. I started amateur mma several years ago after a break up left me kinda lost. I happened to meet a trainer t the gym and he gave me somethin else to focus on and I had so many new experiences all the time I had completely forgotten about the break up in just a few days lol.

warren123

Awards
It's weird, when I'm with her I don't want to be then when she goes to leave I want her to stay. I don't know if it's her I want to stay or just not have change. She's an awesome girl, couldn't ask for more but I can't help my feelings you know?

I'm 25 she's 24. The longer we last the sooner she'll want to have kids/get married. She said she doesn't think about it but today when we broke up she said she pictured marrying me. That's the 3rd time I've heard that from different girls lol.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's weird, when I'm with her I don't want to be then when she goes to leave I want her to stay. I don't know if it's her I want to stay or just not have change. She's an awesome girl, couldn't ask for more but I can't help my feelings you know?

I'm 25 she's 24. The longer we last the sooner she'll want to have kids/get married. She said she doesn't think about it but today when we broke up she said she pictured marrying me. That's the 3rd time I've heard that from different girls lol.
Seems like you don't know what you want.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
When this happened to me, i had to hang out with friends every day. I lost all motivation to work out and partied a lot on weekends cuz it helped me forget

I feel your pain though when u say "no one there." best bet is to hang out with friends, or work more. U have to stay busy so u dont brood on it. I remember the worst part of my days were waking up and going to sleep, cuz that was when i was the most alone. I even remember waking up once at night smelling her perfume. I know, i was a ******* but just bein honest

Btw if this is your guy's first breakup, id bet money shes seein somone else and played the grass is greener card. Which means 2 months she'll want to get back together. Dont make excuses for her, every girl does it even if you think shes too nice to screw u like that. I swear its like a part of their growing up check list

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Focus on you, Ive been single for a long time, and although I admit sometimes it is lonely,I also know what I want, dont settle and have fun....:)

good luck

TC

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
me and the gf just ended after almost 2 years, kind of lost interest in her and things weren't going well so we mutually ended it. hardest thing is not having someone there at all times even though the thought of having all free time to myself is nice.

no idiots plz
Being single can be a great thing, don't view as a tragic event but see it as a learning experience. This is a great time to travel and do things you enjoy that sometimes aren't doable when you're in a committed relationship. Go to Vegas and go wild, date chicks you normally wouldn't date and do the things you want to do. I picked up coaching high school football and got addicted to it and don't regret the long and unpaid hours.

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established

no idiots plz
Sorry to hear that. Try having a girl break up with u the day you tart your pct after a tren/sd cycle lol. But just stay busy man. Become to dude you want to be. Go accomplish things you couldnt do because you had a gf. Travel and stuff.

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
kill it in the gym...

ToNNNNyT

Awards
I hit the gym and then hit the bars. When I'm grieving, the last thing I want to do is be inside for an extended period of time.
This.
You want to bounce back quickly,put yourself out their,go bars,dating sites whatever,you dont want to be sitting around inside thinking about her or feeling sorry for yourself.

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
This.
You want to bounce back quickly,put yourself out their,go bars,dating sites whatever,you dont want to be sitting around inside thinking about her or feeling sorry for yourself.
I wouldnt exactly suggest jumpin back in too quick. Its definately good to get there, but if u rush back into a relationship, you'll end up cpmparing the best of your ex to the worst of your current

ToNNNNyT

Awards
I wouldnt exactly suggest jumpin back in too quick. Its definately good to get there, but if u rush back into a relationship, you'll end up cpmparing the best of your ex to the worst of your current
Yeah thats a good point.
My main point I was trying to get across was that he should do whatever he can to take his mind off of her.

Deeerdre

Deeerdre

Awards
  • Established
What I find best is to first go out drinking with ur buds for a bit then ,just Take workin out serious again(my gfs took up to much time) And dont stress about being alone...soon enough ull meet a girl that will treat u way better then ur last ones

MuscleGauge1

MuscleGauge1

Board Sponsor
Awards
The best way to get over a breakup is to find something new. You just have to put yourself out there again I know it's hard but you can do it

emantest

emantest

Awards
Don't do the fat chicks number one, ok maybe one but not multiples you will have nightmares.
When my first wife and split, crazy bitxh, I was like what can I do to improve for the next go at a long term relationship. Along the way I enhanced my tastes for finer woman as well as women I had never been attracted too. I had always took the bar chicks home or what was left when the lights came on, scary. Just wanted to start fresh and now I've been married 10 years 3 kids loving life... Improve you mentally and physically...

niZmo

niZmo

Awards
When my ex of 6 years and I broke up, it devastated me. I bought a project car, worked on it every day..pulled me out of my depression and I got the car of my dreams :)
Break up give you a chance to concentrate on yourself, gives you a chance to meet new people, try new things. Try taking up a hobby such as reading, hiking, or even something as crazy as skydiving or base jumping. Don't be down man, life moves on and so will you.
Read this somewhere: There are over a billion people in the world, why be down over one?

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I went to a concert (one I had planned on going to all along) the same weekend this girl ended a relationship with me out of nowhere practically. I was sort of crushed at first, but after the concert I had forgotten I had even dated this girl before.

toddgranit

toddgranit

Awards
Develop some new hobbies, maybe pick up an old one.
Take time to do what you like, use your freedom to better yourself.
Hang out with friends.
I wouldn't recommend jumping back into the dating scene.
When you are comfortable being alone, that confidence will carry over into other areas of your life, and everything will improve.
Good luck, you have a community here for support.

warren123

Awards
Thanks everyone here who posted, it's glad to have support. It's crazy, she's moving out today...She's a wonderful girl, pretty, smart, would do anything for me but my feelings faded. I started getting irritable, rude, didn't want to spend time with her and only wanted to do what I wanted to do. It's not fair of me to do that to her so that's why it had to end. I don't know if i'll ever find someone who is like her but I can't control my feelings, that's what makes this the most difficult. If she was an idiot or if something happened it would've been easier but this one is all me and it's letting a great person just slip out of your life. It makes me sound crazy to even consider having this happen but if when you're with that person and you don't even want to spend time with them then when they leave you miss them it's a weird emotional roller coaster.

bomcgraw

bomcgraw

Awards
Thanks everyone here who posted, it's glad to have support. It's crazy, she's moving out today...She's a wonderful girl, pretty, smart, would do anything for me but my feelings faded. I started getting irritable, rude, didn't want to spend time with her and only wanted to do what I wanted to do. It's not fair of me to do that to her so that's why it had to end. I don't know if i'll ever find someone who is like her but I can't control my feelings, that's what makes this the most difficult. If she was an idiot or if something happened it would've been easier but this one is all me and it's letting a great person just slip out of your life. It makes me sound crazy to even consider having this happen but if when you're with that person and you don't even want to spend time with them then when they leave you miss them it's a weird emotional roller coaster.
I've been there man. Me and an ex gf were off and on for a couple years because of those same feelings. It's hard to get past but in the end it'll work out. I wound up doing my own thing for a year or so an then started dating somebody that's perfect for me. Now I'm married with a kid on the way. You just gotta stay distracted from it and good things will come for both of you. And never forget the AM community has your back.

warren123

Awards
I've been there man. Me and an ex gf were off and on for a couple years because of those same feelings. It's hard to get past but in the end it'll work out. I wound up doing my own thing for a year or so an then started dating somebody that's perfect for me. Now I'm married with a kid on the way. You just gotta stay distracted from it and good things will come for both of you. And never forget the AM community has your back.
Thanks bro. It's just so much harder this way. I can just about handle myself but something about seeing her upset and me knowing I did this to her. She actually just moved her stuff out (she took the tv lol) and it wasn't easy. I know life goes on and if things work out they'll work out but if it's just not working what can you do?

I'm glad to hear things worked out for you, you never know what will happen with life.

doodoo

Awards
I forgot what happened when me and my ex broke up. I just moved on and erased her from my memory.

warren123

Awards
I know what y'all mean when you say go out and do things. It's weird, I've been taking naps when I get home, actually didn't lift yesterday and just have been so tired and have a headache a lot.

I'm not really that upset by everything but perhaps it's just the change in my life.

I'll take the advice and just get out there and keep myself busy, feel like such a wuss lol

superchris

superchris

Awards
Going through this right now, after 4 years and one child later me and my girlfriend are taking a break. It's def hard especially since we live together. Neither of us know how to act around each other, very awkward living situation lol

But I can tell u this... I ve never felt sooo much motivation to lift and to get back in contact with all the friends I've lost due to this relationship.

Focus on yourself, have a good time. Do things to improve yourself. Whether its lifting, reading and learning or doing a hobby u put on hold. It's a perfect time to better yourself.

If all else fails u can try to find out how much whiskey it takes to forget lol I try that sometimes lol

LITERaCOLA

Awards
My ex grilfriend of 4 years had a new boyfriend 4 days after we broke up. I just got a test booster to boost my libido. Hit the gym hard hard. Posted pictures of me with random girls daily. Took all her **** i had out to the middle of no where, had target practice with my 12 gage and posted it on facebook and myspace, when people actually used myspace.

superchris

superchris

Awards
My ex grilfriend of 4 years had a new boyfriend 4 days after we broke up. I just got a test booster to boost my libido. Hit the gym hard hard. Posted pictures of me with random girls daily. Took all her **** i had out to the middle of no where, had target practice with my 12 gage and posted it on facebook and myspace, when people actually used myspace.
Same here. She is already talking to some other dude lol I need to get myself a gun and go have some fun, there is lots of **** to destroy... So maybe a grenade would be more efficient hahaha

LITERaCOLA

Awards
lol you can either take the high route or the low route. if you really dont ever want to see her again....go low
Same here. She is already talking to some other dude lol I need to get myself a gun and go have some fun, there is lots of **** to destroy... So maybe a grenade would be more efficient hahaha

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
I remember dating this girl in high school. We were together for about 4 years and we broke up. She and her family decided that I would never make anything with my life, would never go anywhere or do anything, so we broke up. She cheated on me and turned into a bar hopper once we broke up. Here's the funny thing. 9 years after we graduate high school. I'm a veteran, ex-Marine that has fought for my country on the front lines of Afghanistan, have a bachelors degree in nursing and make huge money as an RN, while doing side work (personal training), in the best shape of my life, married to a beautiful nurse with a 6 month old son, and have basically everything I've ever wanted. Want to know where she is today? She got her bachelors degree and then moved back in with her mother and hasn't worked since. I've even heard she hasn't had a boyfriend since we broke up. I guess I just managed to turn the tables.

I've learned over the years that most girls want someone to protect them, physically and financially, and respect them. That's what their parents usually want from them too.

warren123

Awards
I remember dating this girl in high school. We were together for about 4 years and we broke up. She and her family decided that I would never make anything with my life, would never go anywhere or do anything, so we broke up. She cheated on me and turned into a bar hopper once we broke up. Here's the funny thing. 9 years after we graduate high school. I'm a veteran, ex-Marine that has fought for my country on the front lines of Afghanistan, have a bachelors degree in nursing and make huge money as an RN, while doing side work (personal training), in the best shape of my life, married to a beautiful nurse with a 6 month old son, and have basically everything I've ever wanted. Want to know where she is today? She got her bachelors degree and then moved back in with her mother and hasn't worked since. I've even heard she hasn't had a boyfriend since we broke up. I guess I just managed to turn the tables.

I've learned over the years that most girls want someone to protect them, physically and financially, and respect them. That's what their parents usually want from them too.
Good sh*t bro.

That's one reason I really feel everything happens for a reason. Things may look bad at the time but you never know what else life has in store for you.

And for the bros whos girls dated right after the split, I thought guys usually do that and girls take longer to get over it? Weird. I know soon as I split I try to hang with everyone and all that, but in reality it stinks since no one right now can give me what my ex did.

Since we split I've been seeing friends more, just leaving the house to go places and what not...Still hitting the gym as always and am spending more time with the family so things aren't too bad...just an adjustment still but keeping positive.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And that my friend is how that works!

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Good sh*t bro.

That's one reason I really feel everything happens for a reason. Things may look bad at the time but you never know what else life has in store for you.

And for the bros whos girls dated right after the split, I thought guys usually do that and girls take longer to get over it? Weird. I know soon as I split I try to hang with everyone and all that, but in reality it stinks since no one right now can give me what my ex did.

Since we split I've been seeing friends more, just leaving the house to go places and what not...Still hitting the gym as always and am spending more time with the family so things aren't too bad...just an adjustment still but keeping positive.
The best thing to do man is just better yourself and prove her she was wrong about you. Get stronger, get leaner, get faster, get more educated; focus strongly on advancing and starting your career if you're still young. Be the accomplished, wealthy, respectful, in-shape guy and then find another girl. Not only is your ex going to see she was wrong about whatever it is you broke up over, but your also going to feel better knowing you moved on.

When I joined the Marines, I had my ex in mind that entire day. When I finally left for basic, she stopped talking to everyone I associated with. When I graduated from AIT and was shipped out to camp, I made my marine picture my display on myspace and sent her a friend request, and she denied it of course. I talked to her while I was in Afghanistan on IM and she actually had the nerve to say joining the military was dumb of me. The way I see it, I proved her and her mom wrong and they know it.

About a year ago I came back to North Carolina to my hometown (me and my ex lived about 15 miles from each other) and I saw her at a fast food place my wife and I was stopped at. She kept looking at me with her friend. Her friend has 3 kids, all 3 are different races, and all 3 are by different guys. They were looking at us laughing and I was thinking to myself "I save lives everyday, make great money, in great shape, ex-military, I have a family...you on the other hand are 50lbs overweight and haven't had a job in years and let your mother support you and your friends future is on the Maury show taking DNA tests."

I didn't really read the first post, but I hope your ex isn't like mine!

warren123

Awards
The best thing to do man is just better yourself and prove her she was wrong about you. Get stronger, get leaner, get faster, get more educated; focus strongly on advancing and starting your career if you're still young. Be the accomplished, wealthy, respectful, in-shape guy and then find another girl. Not only is your ex going to see she was wrong about whatever it is you broke up over, but your also going to feel better knowing you moved on.

When I joined the Marines, I had my ex in mind that entire day. When I finally left for basic, she stopped talking to everyone I associated with. When I graduated from AIT and was shipped out to camp, I made my marine picture my display on myspace and sent her a friend request, and she denied it of course. I talked to her while I was in Afghanistan on IM and she actually had the nerve to say joining the military was dumb of me. The way I see it, I proved her and her mom wrong and they know it.

About a year ago I came back to North Carolina to my hometown (me and my ex lived about 15 miles from each other) and I saw her at a fast food place my wife and I was stopped at. She kept looking at me with her friend. Her friend has 3 kids, all 3 are different races, and all 3 are by different guys. They were looking at us laughing and I was thinking to myself "I save lives everyday, make great money, in great shape, ex-military, I have a family...you on the other hand are 50lbs overweight and haven't had a job in years and let your mother support you and your friends future is on the Maury show taking DNA tests."

I didn't really read the first post, but I hope your ex isn't like mine!
Nah bro, it was really me who led up to the breakup. My ex is cool, she's a great person.

Things worked out pretty good for you compared to her i'd say lol

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
my advice is dont dwell on it, i havent read all these posts so sorry if i repeat. like dont say my ex is a great person just say my ex is a person. thinking about it keeps it fresh. time fades everything... if you let it. it doesnt matter why it ended, it did so so be it.

kingk0ng

kingk0ng

Awards
  • Established
Nah bro, it was really me who led up to the breakup. My ex is cool, she's a great person.

Things worked out pretty good for you compared to her i'd say lol
I see. I've also been in that type of situation before. If you feel by any chance that she might be the one for you, then maybe you should just focus on getting her back? Tell her you were wrong for whatever it is you done, and letting her go realized how much she really means to you.

Yeah, my ex sent me a message about 2 years ago on facebook. It was literally paragraphs and sounded like something you'd see on some BS Jennifer Aniston movie. She talked about how much she "realized" and if you ask me, it was just her wanting to sound like she was in a love movie and wanted us to get back together years later. I was engaged at the time and living with my fiance one state over. Some women are drama queens man. They want their "perfect" relationship, and if they think a relationship story sounds better with a break up in it they'll look for BS reason to break up and get back together a year later just so it sounds better on paper.

I ramble too much :p. Hope everything works out for you bro.

warren123

Awards
I see. I've also been in that type of situation before. If you feel by any chance that she might be the one for you, then maybe you should just focus on getting her back? Tell her you were wrong for whatever it is you done, and letting her go realized how much she really means to you.

Yeah, my ex sent me a message about 2 years ago on facebook. It was literally paragraphs and sounded like something you'd see on some BS Jennifer Aniston movie. She talked about how much she "realized" and if you ask me, it was just her wanting to sound like she was in a love movie and wanted us to get back together years later. I was engaged at the time and living with my fiance one state over. Some women are drama queens man. They want their "perfect" relationship, and if they think a relationship story sounds better with a break up in it they'll look for BS reason to break up and get back together a year later just so it sounds better on paper.

I ramble too much :p. Hope everything works out for you bro.
Thanks man, if she was the one I would've stuck it out. I never saw myself marrying or having kids with her. That kind of led me to believe that along with my feelings lessening that it wasn't working. She was trying hard and I just couldn't put the effort in since I wasn't completely into it towards the end.

In regards to your situation, I think girls sometimes really believe life is a movie and they really expect some guy to come on a white horse with no flaws to come sweep them off their feet...and they wait around forever since they have a set description of who they want to be with.