New system causing unintentional Negative reps.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just in my close nit group of friends on here those of us who give out reputation relatively often have noticed that several times it arbitrarily makes it a negative post. This just happened to me for the 6 time since the system upgrade. Many of my friends are experiencing the same issue. Can the default for that Reps be made to positive so you HAVE to click I Disapprove for it to be selected. It is very frustrating to have that happen when you sure showing someone support. It is becoming a reputation Russian roulette. Seems almost 1 out of every 8-10 times I reps someone it shoots off a negative. Are others also experiencing this? I will get some of the guys I know have had it happen mention it in here as well. So you know there is an actual issue.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes this is very true, he just negged me on accident. Please correct this, I have heard it happening to at least 4 other AM regulars besides us 2.

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fortunately, I have not been NEGed by anyone by accident, but unfortunately, I have NEGed at least 5 people in the last 3-4weeks, all by accident! I have never intentionally NEGed anyone, I'm the firm believer if you have nothing good to say, then just don't say it! I too would love to see this problem resolved, giving people REP points is a positive way to motivate people and congratulate them for participating, etc. I am way more reluctant to REP anyone now in fear that I might accidentally NEG them!

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I've done this by accident to two separate people as well...

sorry bros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OK, I figured out how it is happening to me! When I click to give someone REP points 9/10 times it is already on the positive, but, when I start typing, it un-clicks/checks the "Approval" and it is left blank, then if you submit a blank REP... it will automatically be considered a NEG! I just went and REPed like 6 people to try it out and it happened about half the time, but I was aware, so I caught it, but it should not be that easy to make a mistake, giving someone a POS. REP should be the easier one of the two to give, not the other way around. My advice is that it is automatically checked on "APPROVE" and if it accidentally gets unchecked and it is sent with neither box checked, it should be an automatic approval, meaning only the people you are intentionally trying to NEG will ever get NEGed!

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
So leaving a "rep" blank, causes it to become negative? Then I apologize too those I thought I was repping.

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
:O how do I know if I've sent a negg!? I've never intentionally negged anyone. Anyone out there who got a neg from me I didn't mean it!! lol I very much enjoy giving out reps

pablogdog

pablogdog

Awards
  • Established
I've never knowingly negged anyone here, so if I did, it was unintentional.

Thanks for bringing this to light, Kleen.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Normally the pop up that thanks you for giving reps pops up and says thanks for removing points from this user. I normally never read it and just click okay but I noticed it said that and started noticing it was happening randomly.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ya ScottyDoc keeps sending me Neggs, the first couple times I understand it was by accident but come on! I got positive reps the other day from him, I'm guessing the system most have given me the positive by accident as well. :lol:

I hope I didn't Negg anyone, if so I didn't notice lol

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya ScottyDoc keeps sending me Neggs, the first couple times I understand it was by accident but come on! I got positive reps the other day from him, I'm guessing the system most have given me the positive by accident as well. :lol:

I hope I didn't Negg anyone, if so I didn't notice lol
Yes, please fix this problem, JD is gonna come down and whip my A$$ with a Maple Leaf!!!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chris... You are the computer whizz around here, how easy of a fix is it to do what we are asking? It does not seem like it would be all the difficult to do and if enough people want it changed/fixed, I don't see why they would not do it?

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, please fix this problem, JD is gonna come down and whip my A$$ with a Maple Leaf!!!

I think you ment my Hockey stick with barbed wire wrapped around it, with a maple leaf on the stick :) lol

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think you ment my Hockey stick with barbed wire wrapped around it, with a maple leaf on the stick :) lol
Oh yeah... that's what I meant!!! and some tin-foil under the gloves, still don't know what that is for???

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Negged you all for putting this thread in the wrong forum!

Just kidding, but I'll send this along to the powers that be although I'm sure they've seen this already. They see all :)
Thanks, was not sure where to put that one. I guess it is in the wrong section anyway. Thanks for bringing to the attention of those who need to know.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kleen you don't need to make excuses for negging people...

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've also got a neg rep that was a mistake. Ppl seem to be catching on though now.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeh Kleen you negged me the other day. And I was like "WTF crawled up kleens ass today?" But then the next day I got reps from you and this thread explains the issue....lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I save negging for stuff like blatantly racist comments, or someone just flaming someone for no apparent reason. YOu have to really do something that just screams "Look at me, I am a douche bag!" for me to neg you intentionally.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeh Kleen you negged me the other day. And I was like "WTF crawled up kleens ass today?" But then the next day I got reps from you and this thread explains the issue....lol
LOL, I never noticed I got negged until ScottyDoc told me, maybe I did get negged more then once :lol: (it's all Scotty)

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for my Certificate JD...

I accept...
:bling:

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm gonna FRAME that $hit & hang it on my wall with PRIDE, LoL

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh Man that is awesome!

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Then I deserve to laugh a whole lot....

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Then I deserve to laugh a whole lot....
IMO... Life is too short, just sit back, Laugh and have fun as often as possible!

M

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I just saw this thread, I wondered how I got negged last week. Dude wrote "great advice!" in the rep comments and I got negative points for it, I was like wtf??

Mrodz

Mrodz

Awards
  • Established
I think I just negged someone :/
silent_bob, I didn't mean it
lol

ScottyDoc

ScottyDoc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think I just negged someone :/
silent_bob, I didn't mean it
lol
They still have not changed a thing, Now, I just be really, really careful to make sure the "approve button is clicked" and not blank before sending REPs! It's the only think you can do besides not REPing people anymore, which is not gonna happen for me, too much good info or funny stuff, gotta be able to REP people!!!