What do you guys recommend for good walking shoes?

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I need good pair of walking/running shoes. The pair of earth shoes I have are too tight, so if they can't stretch enough, I need new shoes. I have a wide foot. It's not really wide, but it's wide enough, that most shoes I try on are too narrow.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
BROOKS. Been buying them for years.

Shane0Mac

Awards
i usually go with asics, never had a bad pair. they will give you footgasms

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rocky Alpha Side Zip...my dailywear goto boot!! :D

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You want to find out what your arch and pronation are first. Several brands of shoes offer quality running/walking shoes but none will work for you until you're able to match the one up that works for you. You also want to take into consideration how much you weigh and whether or not you're prone to certain injuries.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
You want to find out what your arch and pronation are first. Several brands of shoes offer quality running/walking shoes but none will work for you until you're able to match the one up that works for you. You also want to take into consideration how much you weigh and whether or not you're prone to certain injuries.
How would I find out what my arch is?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Vibram five fingers. Re-learn to run, how nature intended. It's fantastic!

For more info, google born to run, vff or vibram five fingers, barefoot running, tarahumara indians, etc. :D I have been running barefoot for a bit, and just did my 2nd run in my new vff's. They're awesome! And my body feels much better than before.

Silly humans thinking they can one-up nature. ;)

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Vibram five fingers. Re-learn to run, how nature intended. It's fantastic!

For more info, google born to run, vff or vibram five fingers, barefoot running, tarahumara indians, etc. :D I have been running barefoot for a bit, and just did my 2nd run in my new vff's. They're awesome! And my body feels much better than before.

Silly humans thinking they can one-up nature. ;)
I never heard of these before reading this, but after doing some investigation I may just pick up a pair. :thumbsup: