Movies that you think are over rated

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
After making the other movie and tv related threads I figured I'd make this one. What movies that are popular, or were very popular when they came out, do you think are over rated? I'll start. The Titanic.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
"Superbad"... minus Mintz-Plasse (McLovin)

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Watchmen. I just couldn't get into it.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Terminator Salvation. A movie that has a fake Arnold is a dumb movie.

rubberring

rubberring

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Terminator Salvation. A movie that has a fake Arnold is a dumb movie.
Agreed on both. To be fair, I'm not a Watchmen comic fanboy. Bale's great... but he can't save the validity of the Terminator franchise.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Jurassic Park. I mean great movie but when it came out it was so hyped up I remember people saying it was so realistic that you'd need therapy to get over the fear. Someone actually said that to me.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Jurassic Park. I mean great movie but when it came out it was so hyped up I remember people saying it was so realistic that you'd need therapy to get over the fear. Someone actually said that to me.
hahahaha. Even when I was young I never found that movie scary

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Agreed on both. To be fair, I'm not a Watchmen comic fanboy. Bale's great... but he can't save the validity of the Terminator franchise.
IT SUCKS. I loved the Terminator until Hollywood butchered it. I used to watch T2 all the time as a kid. Been an Arnold fan since the first time I saw T2

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
IT SUCKS. I loved the Terminator until Hollywood butchered it. I used to watch T2 all the time as a kid. Been an Arnold fan since the first time I saw T2
im sure like a lot of other people here. After i saw T2 i asked my dad when i could start lifting weights... maybe not the asking dad part especially if ur older than me.. but it def made me wanna be a bodybuilder.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
agreed with Jurassic Park - Jur-anal Park wasn't much better. :paranoid:

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
+1 and I really wanted to like it too. It was just too long, dragged on.

Sideways

Maybe if I was 35 instead of 25 when I saw it, I'd have liked it better, but I damn-near fell asleep and all 4 of us (2 couples) who went totally hated it and were bored. Meanwhile, it got tremendous reviews and seemed to be received very well.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I though Crash was over-rated. Although I like the first Transformers I thought that was pretty over rated as well.

jsheely

jsheely

Awards
  • Established
Definitely The Terminator. All of them were god awful.

Definitely not serious. Arnold would kill me if I was...

texaswolf

texaswolf

Awards
  • Established
300. That had to be the most homoerotic film ever made.

cubs1987

cubs1987

Awards
  • Established
No Country for Old Men....I was psyched for it...disappointing.

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, well for someone who rates Dora The Explorer in their top5 . . . I think we can forgive the insult :18:
I never said I watch the show. The only reason I knew about the map thing, was because I saw Brian Regan's standup special.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
The Truman show and most movies with Colin Farrell