Show Me Your Home Gyms!

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am in the process of designing a home gym for the extra room in my basement, and I want to see what other AM home lifters do/have done. I have about 350 sf to work with...

Whatcha got?

tyler4

tyler4

Awards
  • Established
Cool thread idea. I'm finishing mine up now. It's actually a gym we have at our company. I'll post some pics once it gets finished.

jp17815

jp17815

Awards
  • Established
It's sad really.
But it gets the job done.
About the most I can get on that bench is 205 lbs.
That takes 18 plates/disks to do.
I will upgrade soon. "I hope"

JP.

Attachments

human

human

Awards
That is the most sad looking bench ever. Why don't you use the white one.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Is that a frog sandbox in the corner? I had one of those when I was a kid!

jp17815

jp17815

Awards
  • Established
That is the most sad looking bench ever. Why don't you use the white one.
Yea. I know it's bad. lol. The bench in the back I plan to use as soon as I get a 84" bar.
Hopefully soon.

I would use the floor...
Sadly I have ended up there once or twice. With 205 lbs on it there has been times I pushed for that extra rep and had to arch my back to get it. Well, the bench likes to pull wheelies.. Sucks. Big time!

Is that a frog sandbox in the corner? I had one of those when I was a kid!
Yes it is. I have to get it outside this weekend, the kids have been asking about it for awhile, :)

Man I need a new set up... :(

JP.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
I have a Bench with 116lbs, and one dumbell...

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
All you really need is a stairmaster to get jacked.

D3vildog

D3vildog

Awards
  • Established
What did you get Liquid!? Share for those of us who have not the money for our own... :(

soseg

soseg

Awards
  • Established
no pics... but main thing you need is a bench you can move around..... incline/decline it... and a power cage... adjustable pins... perfect for squats, deads, etc.. and you can throw your bench in, and hopefully set the pins just right so if you do **** it up it wont crush you but you can go low enough to just touch your chest or so...

so many things you can do with a power cage... pull ups... heaps with unloading for military presses... just get some type of bar extensions for dips... a few dumbells + weights + barbell and its about 95% of the equipment you will ever ever need

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
It's sad really.

JP.
it looks like a dungeon in there!

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Picked up some used dumbbells yesterday at Play It Again Sports (.25 per pound!), and a flat/incline/decline bench. My neighbor is building me a power rack. Slowly but surely...

My plan is to get dumbbells from 5# to 90 or 100#, and of course the obligatory olympic weight setup. Finding the stuff I need is proving to be the biggest obstacle.

cheloz28

cheloz28

Awards
  • Established
Picked up some used dumbbells yesterday at Play It Again Sports (.25 per pound!), and a flat/incline/decline bench. My neighbor is building me a power rack. Slowly but surely...

My plan is to get dumbbells from 5# to 90 or 100#, and of course the obligatory olympic weight setup. Finding the stuff I need is proving to be the biggest obstacle.
You should look at Ivanko website

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It's sad really.

JP.
JP i swear I lifted for the first time ever with that same set up, one of my older brothers saw pumping iron and begged my parents to buy it for him that was in the late 70s. That takes me back man, I used to go in the basement and do bench presses and arm curls EVERY day, those were the only 2 lifts I knew.

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

Powerblocks take up a lot less space than all those dbs and would probably cost less as well. They have them going up to like 130 lbs, and you can buy a stand for them.

jp17815

jp17815

Awards
  • Established

.25 cents per lb? Nice!!
Can't beat that.

JP.

jp17815

jp17815

Awards
  • Established
JP i swear I lifted for the first time ever with that same set up, one of my older brothers saw pumping iron and begged my parents to buy it for him that was in the late 70s. That takes me back man, I used to go in the basement and do bench presses and arm curls EVERY day, those were the only 2 lifts I knew.
Nice!
But did they really need to sell it to my step dad? LOl.

Nah, I got this set up from my step dad like 12 years ago. I just brought it up to my house last summer.
It looks like crap but it gets the job done.

hey your "dungeon" is probably as big as my entire apartment! now that my friend is even sadder
It's all good. btw, the house is like, IDK 200 years old. I live in a historic town. Thus the "dungeon" fx.

Also the sock hanging from the pipe has been there since I moved in about 5 years ago.
Figured it warded off evil spirits, so I just left it there. lol.

JP.

Sanesloot

Sanesloot

Banned
Awards
i have a pretty decent home gym.. Me and my father have been working hard on getting everything we need for years.. even way before i started working out.

i'll have to make a video, maybe even with a lady freind in it for decent AP story lol

Sanesloot

Sanesloot

Banned
Awards
I think i need 50 posts to upload pictures or something

sooo

Sanesloot

Sanesloot

Banned
Awards
I'm charging my phone and i'm gonna take a video and show ya'll what i'm working with

Sanesloot

Sanesloot

Banned
Awards
My lady friend is on her way over because she needs "assistance" in the shower this evening.. I didn't ask why, but i'm just going with the flow

BUCKNUTS

BUCKNUTS

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
There's a treadmill and proform multistation gym down there as well, sad part is since i stopped working out at home about a year ago none of that stuff gets used. It's cold and damp and a bit dungeon like down there as well. I would finish it except i live in the country and the power goes out all the and the basement has flooded several times.

Bmac1775

Bmac1775

Awards
the garage, its a multi station free weight with 440lbs of free weights, a machine to do high reps with(on left) and as of now only 35, 55, and 1 45lbs dumbell. Does the job though

Attachments

Bmac1775

Bmac1775

Awards
I took this video tonight. Never shown anyone what i have exactly, and my basement isn't very organized.. kinda messy, but here it is :)
Now that is a set up that I envy!!! Good stuff bro

Droppingloads

Droppingloads

Awards
  • Established
My lady friend is on her way over because she needs "assistance" in the shower this evening.. I didn't ask why, but i'm just going with the flow

What kind of assistance? Is she that big that she needs help reaching her back? LOL

jason2459

jason2459

Awards
YouTube - New Garage Setup

Since then I've add a Bow Bar (buffalo bar), Safety Squat Yoke Bar, and a Bench machine I use for shoulder press and shrugs.

Platform (plywood/rubber mat)
EFS Rack with pullup/monkey bar and band attachments.
decline/flat/incline bench
flat bench
jessup bar
bow bar
ss yoke bar
westside front squat/zercher harness
bench machine
arm cuffs for hanging leg raises
anti-gravity boots
full set of bands
3 sets of chains with leader chains
45degree hyper/roman chair/ghr
weight stack with over 500lbs in plates
pair of 90lbs DBs w/ power hooks
adjustable box for box squats
several mats for small increments on box or deficit deadlifts
Straps for bodyweight movements and suspended barbell work
dragging sled
several sandbags
misc. belts/ammonia caps/chalk/tunes/puke bucket

Sanesloot

Sanesloot

Banned
Awards
What kind of assistance? Is she that big that she needs help reaching her back? LOL
She wanted to most likely practice the act of reproduction, but we never got in the shower. We just laid in bed and cuddled, kiss a little, and we touched each other's "No No Place" some,, then she went home.

Not a bad night... unfortunately, i only got like 6 hours of sleep and had a crappy workout today (Chest).

I need to fix my poor sleeping routine before i can really advance any.. I need to get big!!!

Doogsy123

Doogsy123

Awards
  • Established
She wanted to most likely practice the act of reproduction, but we never got in the shower. We just laid in bed and cuddled, kiss a little, and we touched each other's "No No Place" some,, then she went home.

Not a bad night... unfortunately, i only got like 6 hours of sleep and had a crappy workout today (Chest).

I need to fix my poor sleeping routine before i can really advance any.. I need to get big!!!
Sloot thats a pretty awesome home gym. My gym doesnt even have a preacher curl setup:dunno:

Sanesloot

Sanesloot

Banned
Awards
ha ha, yea... i've come along way with good stuff. Everyone used to laugh at me for using the gym in my basement, but nobody ever knew what i really had. So, thats one reason why it never hurt :)

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ha ha, yea... i've come along way with good stuff. Everyone used to laugh at me for using the gym in my basement, but nobody ever knew what i really had. So, thats one reason why it never hurt :)
Yours is the type of setup I envision...eventually.

Sanesloot

Sanesloot

Banned
Awards
I invite all my friends to come over and workout with me.. I have everything i need and nobody cares.. the only person who is willing to come SFW with me is my 60 year old Father... he is starting to grow!

Bmac1775

Bmac1775

Awards
Bringing back an ol thread cause I know there are more people on here with home gyms. On a side note, It is damn near impossible to find dumbbells over 100lbs used. I was lucky enough to get some 100 and 115 but no one even peeps when i put a craigslist add for 130's