This is definitly NOT the way to go...

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Office Chair Explodes, Sending Shrapnel Into Boy's Rear, Killing Him

Office Chair Explodes, Sending Shrapnel Into Boy's Rear, Killing Him - Geekologie

Excerpt ""In today's sad story, a 14-year old boy in China allegedly bled to death after the compressed gas canister used to raise and lower his office chair exploded, launching a barrage of shrapnel into his b-hole. Now I hate to start wildly speculating who's at fault here, but it's obviously Microsoft. BCOD, folks.""

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
That is scary as SH*T, im sitting in a chair just like that

M

mrman

Awards
that chair

thats it i'm getting a new chair this makes me nervous

D

dpfisher

That doesn't make sense at all, these chairs simply aren't under that much pressure and in the case of a failure you would just slowly sink to the floor. If they had that kind of pressure you could lose a leg if you had it near the bottom when you pulled the gas release lever. In fact, I don't even see how you would think that they could even GET pressurized since you aren't hooking your chair up to shop air every time you want to raise it.

Plus I think they are hydraulic not pneumatic but I could be wrong on that. The spring inside the cylinder is the most dangerous part, maybe you could lose an eye to it if you compressed the thing then cut it open somehow with it inches from your face.