Any NOT listen to music working out?

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I never used to back when I first started, for some reason I thought it would be distracting in someway.

Now I have to have my music. Yesterday the gym's own music was so loud I could harldy hear my own. Stupid earbuds sound good but do not block out outer noise. Everyone I seen had headphones on so why the gym even bothered with playing music I dont know.

Another thing the power in the gym went off once a different day, working out in the dark was interesting. Some might even like it.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I used to, I WO at home and find its better without it, maybe the news on TV in the background, music is distracting for me.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i dont workout with music anymore but its not by preference....broken ipods, stupid mp3 players malfunctioning, etc etc, im stuck with the gym music which totally sucks but when im in the zone it hardly matters. Sometimes music can be distracting imo.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
you should get the earbuds that are like earplugs and expand in your ear, they block out outside noise and they block out your music from outside listeners too, you can have it on full blast and the person next to you probably wont hear anything. I cant think of the name but i got a couple pairs and they are really good.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I remember it can energize, but it can also sedate. I thinks its best to make your own tape (disk) with high energy back to back songs that give that tingling, hair standing on end, bend the barbell energy. Something like AC/DC "Back in Black" can really be a boost.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
[url="http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/headphones-c-42.html]SkullCandy Headphones[/url]

My brother sent me an in-ear pair of these, and I love 'em even more than my $200 Shure buds - very effective, very comfortable, and I'm able to listen at MUCH lower volumes. Be aware though that ANY plug that seals well enough to isolate you from outside sound, *will* transmit the sound of the cord rubbing on your clothes.

Too bad, but a fact of life: there are trade-offs everywhere.

That said, I don't listen to music during w/o because I find it distracting - I don't listen to podcasts then, either (though I love music AND my 'casts). Besides, most of what y'all describe as "good workout music" I find completely unlistenable - I'd rather just pay attention to what I'm doing (mind-muscle connection pays off!)

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
Lately I listen to nothing but podcasts...

I keep a few workout playlists on there too though. Gotta have up-tempo stuff... I get the feeling that anything like Radiohead's softer tracks would make me less motivated in the gym. I'm a fan of their more upbeat stuff.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
If I am lifting with a bud, I dont listen to music, Alone though, and there are too many idiots at the gym. Why is it everyone stares at you when your lifting o.o Like its a show or something(then again I am a small guy doing some crazy crap)

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I don't like to listen to music when I work out.

My gym plays music, not cool. Might just bring a pair of ear plugs with me next time I go.

pfafkl13

Awards
I don't listen to music either. But then again, maybe I should since my gym plays lame ass easy listening music for all the old ladies on the cardio stuff.

jdg487

jdg487

Awards
  • Established
I don't listen to anything either, I can't stand to lift w/ headphones/earplugs on my head

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I hate having music playing when I've hit the weights...

Also, I really can't even see how someone can have those plugs in their ears and work out...

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
If I am lifting with a bud, I dont listen to music, Alone though, and there are too many idiots at the gym. Why is it everyone stares at you when your lifting o.o Like its a show or something(then again I am a small guy doing some crazy crap)
They are trying to steal your moves....lol

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
I do it to drown out the crap they play on the radio at my gym.

Most times it just becomes backgrounds noise; I don't listen to the music so much as use it to isolate myself.

JOHN BROVO

JOHN BROVO

Awards
I dont listen either but I would like to try those wireless earbuds out anybody got any feedback on them?

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
I dont listen either but I would like to try those wireless earbuds out anybody got any feedback on them?
I have a set of bluetooth behind head headphones and they work great. I stream music from my phone and don't have to worry about a cord. All of the controls are on the headphones themselves.

The only downside is most bluetooth streaming sounds like the cymbals or any really high notes pop out. Installing a equalizer on my phone fixed it most the way.

My phone is spotty on bluetooth connections though, and one my phone refused to connect to the headphones.

I got em for $20 off of ebay, they retail for 60. Worth the $20, not sure if I would pay 60 for em.

simmons

simmons

Awards
  • Established
I used to bring an mp3 player and listen to music, but not anymore. But my gym plays some really lame music sometimes. I mean really lame. I was in there one day a few weeks ago and they played girls just wanna have fun :smashfreakB:

I might have to start bringing my own music again.