Elite Fitness blocking me--banned, or bug?

S

smokinghawk

Awards
AFAIK, I haven't been banned from Elite for anything (I haven't even had any conflicts there), but as of today I can read but can't post...My posts are all referred to the "platinum only" screen.

Is this just a bug? Is Elite going "platinum only?" Or have I been banned but not told? (if someone is banned, do they get any official "notice," or do they just find themselves unable to submit messages suddenly?)

Y

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Are you just trying to access the general site or a certain area? I checked for you and Im not platinum and I can access the main site and the general sections.....

S

smokinghawk

Awards
Just the general forums. I modified my email in my CP, saved the changes, and started reading the forums. When I hit "reply," I got the "Platinum only" screen.

Y

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Thats kind of odd man.... I can reply to messages.....not that I would though ;)

S

smokinghawk

Awards
So either I have a bug, or there's a block on me.

I can't imagine why either would be the case...

If I ever *were* banned, would I get a "banned" email notification or anything? Any contact from a mod to make it official or explain why?

Y

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
So either I have a bug, or there's a block on me.

I can't imagine why either would be the case...

If I ever *were* banned, would I get a "banned" email notification or anything? Any contact from a mod to make it official or explain why?
Nope, not generally. If they liked you they would let you know, but then again if they ban you, they probably dont like you. They usually just ban you and thats it, you can access the site or anything.....

S

smokinghawk

Awards
"can" or "can't" access the site? I can read just fine.

Y

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
"can" or "can't" access the site? I can read just fine.
You can still read, just when you go to post it should say "Administrator was have suspended or banned your account" or something of that nature and it will ask you if you'd like to log out

S

smokinghawk

Awards
Well, that makes me feel better because nothing like that shows up...It just acts like I'm trying to access Platinum sections on a basic account.

I'm just puzzled, because I haven't had any problems or bad dealings over there at all--not even a flame! Even once! The closest to anything like that was a mod deleted a post where I asked what a fair price for a gram of Arimidex was, but he politely explained why...and I recently vouched for a guy's products that another mod regarded as suspect (the guy's stuff worked damn good for me, but the mod didn't like it and maybe thought I was in on a setup or something). But AFAIK, nothing negative came out of that, just a PM discussion.

B

Blindfaith

Awards
maybe there is something wrong with the board right now...try again tommorow or the next day and see what happens.

K

K (Phoenix)

Awards
Originally posted by smokinghawk
Just the general forums. I modified my email in my CP, saved the changes, and started reading the forums. When I hit "reply," I got the "Platinum only" screen.
For some sites that require an email acct for activation, changing your email addy on file will wreck your account.  You need to email the ADMIN and have it fixed.

S

smokinghawk

Awards
Well, it's working for me today...but now I realize I don't really have anything I wanna post there right now! :)