The Future of Bodybuilding (Amateur)

Doug8796

Doug8796

Awards
  • Established
Do you guys think bb'ing communities are getting smaller and smaller? I feel more and more like an outcast because i eat good and lift weights.. im not accepted and am often shunned in this shitty society we live in that values skinny people like emos and little jonas boy zac efron bitches.. it is getting quite annoying and its like the bigger i get the more "nasty" i get to people in our misunderstood society.. Anyone else agree? or should i move to jacksonville or dallas or something?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
You should probably just stop caring what people think about you.

freqfly

freqfly

Awards
  • Established
Agreed with Rugger. I get the same thing "you're getting too big, blah blah". Bottom line, we don't (or shoudn't) bodybuild for anyone but ourselves. I go to the gym because it makes me happy, I love looking in the mirror, and it's the ultimate stress reliever. If someone thinks I look "too big", then they can screw off as long as I am happy with myself.

bigpoppapump2

bigpoppapump2

Awards
  • Established
Agreed with Rugger. I get the same thing "you're getting too big, blah blah". Bottom line, we don't (or shoudn't) bodybuild for anyone but ourselves. I go to the gym because it makes me happy, I love looking in the mirror, and it's the ultimate stress reliever. If someone thinks I look "too big", then they can screw off as long as I am happy with myself.

exactly how I feel...

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
I do think the real BBing community (educated BBers) is getting relatively smaller and it's being diluted out by wanna-be BBers that do nothing but throw some weights around and take an oral.

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
i get so much **** from my friends because i eat right and dont just eat anything like most of them. but you will learn to live with it. but like they said do it for yourself not them.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
the bodybuilding community may be getting smaller, but the prick/****/****/*******/tough guy weightlifting community is growing exponentially.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I think I am one of...5 guys at my gym who goes there, and doesn't care, and just wants to lift weights, blow off the stress, and spends most of the workout thinking about how to cook the chicken when he gets home, while sipping on some aminos.....

almost every guy i see is...the hollister/prep wannabe guys who stare in the mirror -.- Its a good feeling though, makes me feel like a samurai or something...you know one of a few. And of the guys I see seriously there for lifting, they are all over 30 except 1.

Today's world is all about general, healthy workouts. People from church sometimes tell me not to get too big or it will look bad -.- Sampson was huuuge, i am just following his lead >.> lol.

accept it. With all of the world going into a lazy, technology oriented, lackluster couch potato life....it will be a smaller sect that really want to transform themselves physically and destroy every boundary in their way. Look at it this way, there is less competition. And those who are there, are going to be the few willing to give everything for it. Survival of the fittest :D

Caferacer

Caferacer

Awards
  • Established
I do think the real BBing community (educated BBers) is getting relatively smaller and it's being diluted out by wanna-be BBers that do nothing but throw some weights around and take an oral.
Anabolic's brought it on us when it was taken mainstream. Happens to most good things when taken mainstream.

Try finding someone who knows what he is talking about modifying cars,, post-fast and furious. It's a mess.

Try finding someone serious about MMA after UFC went fully mainstream (ala affliction wear).

Our community may have not gotten smaller, but it seems that way when diluted, like so many other communities, by dumbasses and d'bags brought in by mainstream culture.

The one good thing about this, is with cars you can't tell someone is BSing you from a glance. You can tell from a glance if someone is a poser for lifting.

Lacradocious

Lacradocious

Awards
  • Established
The bodybuilding community probably is getting smaller. There are those who get into it young because of high school sports, but I think people today are generally unhealthier than ever. Kids play way too many computer/video games these days.

Some people see someone who is in good shape with even moderately muscled bodies have a lot of preconceived ideas about us. That we were probably jocks or did steroids. I think they just have penis envy. But mostly, they are just lazy. You don't have to look like a beast to live this way, but it is incredible seeing teenagers or even grown men who have completely undeveloped musculature. It looks unnatural to me.

Not everyone understands this lifestyle, and I frankly feel sorry for them. They don't know what they are missing. For me, it is more than about gaining muscle. Its about eating healthy, discipline, setting goals, and my overall well being. I truly believe that I am a better person in every other aspect of my life because of it. It keeps my nutrition in check, discourages me from drinking, and it makes me feel better about myself.

Anyone who has an issue with our choice to live this way needs to look in the mirror and examine their own life.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
I think you'll always have the few guys in the corner, that workout intensely with 100% devotion, that everyone else wants to be like(all of us.), And then you have all the others that come in like 3 times a week to work out only chest/bis and abs of course, all while they b.s. with friends, pose with their skinny arms in the mirror, and watch tv. Throw in some random old people on the treadmills and there ya go. Gyms been like this for some time, it will be like this for even longer.