Why do I have to make 50 posts before I can use Private messages

Testing1234

Awards
I created a profile here because researching a health condition online led to a thread on this forum where I felt someone could give me advice. But it says I need to make 50 posts to contact anyone via private message.

Why is that? Are they afraid of spam?

2Burnt

Awards
I created a profile here because researching a health condition online led to a thread on this forum where I felt someone could give me advice. But it says I need to make 50 posts to contact anyone via private message.

Why is that? Are they afraid of spam?
I believe you answered your own question.

Nickespo89

Nickespo89

Awards
  • Established
To weed out the sketchy people. You aren’t making a good case for yourself. If you were reading a thread and thought someone could give you advice. Ask on the thread. That will put you at 49 posts left till you can dm

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
To weed out the sketchy people. You aren’t making a good case for yourself. If you were reading a thread and thought someone could give you advice. Ask on the thread. That will put you at 49 posts left till you can dm
#truth

Testing1234

Awards
Thats a valid point.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
We are a community forum. Lots of intelligent people here who can help you if you post in a thread.

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't send me nudes unless you are a supermodel.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
because