Critique and help please

LilSass

LilSass

Awards
Hey guys and girls,

I've been lifting on and off for under a year and now trying to really get my a** into shape, I'm super happy about my progress so far (pics in my profile) and would love any nutrition and supp tips to help me bulk up (not a term most girls use) I'm currently not taking anything, not even protein powder, but I have a super clean diet and I thank that for getting me this far!
Would love your thoughts and tips on nutrition to help me size up. Workout tips? I'm getting juuuust a lil chubby on the sides so I really want to gain muscle without much more fat.

Thank youuu

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eat something small every couple hours. Keep protein at a gram per pound of bodyweight.

keep hitting your body parts once every 5-8 days , depending on recovery and different factors.

pistonsgirl

Awards
Try knocking your protein up. It might help with the muscle gain but remaining lean. You could also always attempt carb cycling?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys and girls,

I've been lifting on and off for under a year and now trying to really get my a** into shape, I'm super happy about my progress so far (pics in my profile) and would love any nutrition and supp tips to help me bulk up (not a term most girls use) I'm currently not taking anything, not even protein powder, but I have a super clean diet and I thank that for getting me this far!
Would love your thoughts and tips on nutrition to help me size up. Workout tips? I'm getting juuuust a lil chubby on the sides so I really want to gain muscle without much more fat.

Thank youuu
Check out the articles on my website re making gains.

If you want to recomp, focus more on manipulating the nutrition aspect to minimize or limit any fat gains as you gain muscle (recomping is easy enough - not everyone can do it, but it is not impossible).

Otherwise, if you cannot do it yourself re experimenting to get the right manipulations (since it does take time and knowing your body and knowing what and how to do it too), then I recommend working with someone who can and will do it for you.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
these guys nailed the diet portion... protein is where i would focus as you can add voume and cals but help stay leaner due to TEF and general digestion.

supp wise, start simple. Creatine monohydrate (SNS can usually be found for ~$12 for over a year's worth) and maybe a mild gda like SNS glycophase or a mroe general supp like Agmatine XT. Both will help with carbohydrate metabolism and general nutrient partitioning to help you stay lean too!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eat something small every couple hours. Keep protein at a gram per pound of bodyweight.

keep hitting your body parts once every 5-8 days , depending on recovery and different factors.
Very good point here. I went from a puny 125 lb guy who ate fast food and junk about 3 times a day to 180-190 depending on the season who eats 6 smaller heathier meal choices or high protein snacks. With someone like myself the key wasnt't so much as calories consumed as much as it was the quality of the calories consumed. When I was at my biggest weight and muscle point I would even wake up to an alarm just to take in some protein in the middle of the night via a low calorie high protein shake.

LilSass

LilSass

Awards
Ahh I get so side tracked and forget to come back to things.
Had a nasty bout of gastro and dropped 4kg down to 61kg - currently back up to 63 and will post pics in my profile (or here if it lets me?)

I've got a major question that I'd 1.appreciate your poilteness on, if your against it voice it with science not aggression, and 2. Legitimately like your researched answers eg. Doses, types, concerns, benefits etc
So my question is I'm wanting to shift into anabolics, not to the point where I'm changing drastically and getting the virilizing effects, but I've got an ideal body in my sights and I'm at the point of being happy to take a little something extra to get there - Test vs Var? Types of test (if any) I saw an article recently talking about low dose trt or test in general being GREAT and possibly a better start before Var - can anyone chime in?

Loves ;)

LilSass

LilSass

Awards
Check out the articles on my website re making gains.

If you want to recomp, focus more on manipulating the nutrition aspect to minimize or limit any fat gains as you gain muscle (recomping is easy enough - not everyone can do it, but it is not impossible).

Otherwise, if you cannot do it yourself re experimenting to get the right manipulations (since it does take time and knowing your body and knowing what and how to do it too), then I recommend working with someone who can and will do it for you.
Thank you! Checking it out now

BigRed1974

BigRed1974

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just looking at your physique in my opinion I wouldn't mess with any anabolics. You have some great genetics with just with a good diet and training you look better than a lot of people.

jonnyroyal86

Awards
These guys hit the nail on the head, you need to up your protein. Sounds like your diet is good, maybe bcaa's for recovery. You don't need anabolics, you look great. Actually better than some who are on supplements or gear. Stay focused n keep your goal in mind . This isn't a race, but a marathon. Good luck.