New to Anabolic Minds

ANGblonD

Awards
Hi everyone -

I am new to Anabolic Minds, I have been training for the past 3 years, my goals have gone from originally getting into good shape, to my present goal which is to compete in a fitness competition within the next year or two. My boyfriend is GMG760, he convinced me that this would be a good place to get advice from other knowledgeable people who can help me on my journey to competing in fitness.

I currently train with G, but I was looking to get a females perspective and he told me that this was the place to go for that. I'll soon be starting a log of some products that G has recommended, but I thought I would come here and introduce myself first.

So with that, I think I am going to log my next week or so's workout here, perhaps some of you can critique it and my diet.

My current goals are to lose some bodyfat while gaining strength. I recently went through a rather invasive surgery to repair a valve of my heart, so this is something else I have to keep in mind when working out, to be careful while I am recovering and rehabilitating myself.

G and I worked out Chest and shoulders on Monday, and today we hit up Back and Biceps. I'll begin logging my numbers on Thursday, when we pick back up with a leg workout.

-ANGBlonD :dance:

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone!

This is my girlfriend, I got her started on this site... maybe I can share my addiction and get in less trouble for spending time on the AM. :lol:

So, welcome her, be kind, and help her out. Any of my resident female friends, BW, Rosie, etc, I am sure she would love some help and guidance in regards to supplements and training that I simply don't really know/understand as a guy.

Thanks!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi everyone -

I am new to Anabolic Minds, I have been training for the past 3 years, my goals have gone from originally getting into good shape, to my present goal which is to compete in a fitness competition within the next year or two. My boyfriend is GMG760, he convinced me that this would be a good place to get advice from other knowledgeable people who can help me on my journey to competing in fitness.

I currently train with G, but I was looking to get a females perspective and he told me that this was the place to go for that. I'll soon be starting a log of some products that G has recommended, but I thought I would come here and introduce myself first.

So with that, I think I am going to log my next week or so's workout here, perhaps some of you can critique it and my diet.

My current goals are to lose some bodyfat while gaining strength. I recently went through a rather invasive surgery to repair a valve of my heart, so this is something else I have to keep in mind when working out, to be careful while I am recovering and rehabilitating myself.

G and I worked out Chest and shoulders on Monday, and today we hit up Back and Biceps. I'll begin logging my numbers on Thursday, when we pick back up with a leg workout.

-ANGBlonD :dance:
First, :welcome: - we don't see many females here, and the ones that do drop by never stay very long (guess they're just not used to being in the men's locker room :D)

Honestly, "a female's perspective" may be difficult to get, especially since there really is no difference re nutrition and training for a female as for a male to get results. The only real difference would be, IMO, in supplementation, where I wouldn't recommend hormonals to a woman.

Your goals are a little at odds with each other, and are at opposite ends of the diet spectrum - for fat loss, you generally need to be eating less than Maintenance, and for strength gains, you generally have to be eating above Maintenance, as you would for muscle gains. In saying that, you can gain strength - or at least improve your weight:strength/weight:power ratio/s.

If you've just been through such a surgery, my recommendation would be to ensure that you fully and completely and thoroughly rehabilitate yourself before thinking about anything else - you don't want something to go wrong and put yourself out for an extended period of time. Really, after such a surgery, you should be easing into training, and certainly not trying for maximal intensity, etc.

If you look after yourself and do things properly, there is no reason why you cannot enter a fitness - and do you mean actual Fitness, or Bikini or Figure? - competition in the next year.

There is a lot of information on my website - look through the various Articles. There is a specific section devoted entirely to fat loss, and another specific to women.

You might even want to flick through some of my logs here - although I would never recommend how I train and most of whatever else I do to anyone else, since it is specific to ME. Which is what you need to do - make your nutrition, training, and supplementation (if applicable, because honestly, you only need the basic staples right now) specific to YOUR goals and needs!

~Team APPNUT

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
good to see you online!

G & A, we should get together sometime soon...it's finally getting nice enough to spend some time around the BBQ!

ANGblonD

Awards
Thank you for the advice.I appreciate it.I have looked through some of your logs and it was helpful to see another perspective.I hope you are doing well.Take care:)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you for the advice.I appreciate it.I have looked through some of your logs and it was helpful to see another perspective.I hope you are doing well.Take care:)
No worries :)

As far as fat loss, size re height/weight wise, you're about what I am, so fat loss is not really what you need. I would recommend actually GAINING some mass if you don't want to compete for another year. Otherwise, just maintain a low body composition and work on your strength.

ANGblonD

Awards
Sorry about lagging on the updates, it's been a busy week. Here is what I've been up to this week, school has just started and I've been trying to squeeze in as much gym time as I can around my school and work schedules.

Thursday Garrett (GMG760) and I worked legs, I also did some core work at my school in the morning.

Abs/Core
Crunches on fitness ball
Planks
Leg Raises

Legs
Squats - 45x12, 65x10, 65x10, 65x10 - I am still holding back on any heavy load with squats as it will be the last thing to return to me from my recovery from surgery. I want to make sure to keep my blood-pressure and heart-rate from raising excessively high.

Lunges - 30lbs barbell x15 reps per leg x 4 sets

Calves on leg press - 90x20, 180x20, 180x20

Quad Extentions - 70x10, 70x8, 70x8

Hamstring Curls - 60x10, 60x10, 70x10

This workout really kicked my butt. The core workout in the morning had pre-exhausted me, so I had to really push myself to get through the workout.

On Saturday we did a back and bicep workout.

Back
Pull downs - 50x10, 60x10, 60x10
DB rows - 20x10, 25x10, 25x10
Lower lat straight arm pressdown (not really sure what to call these) - 20x12, 20x12, 20x12

Biceps
dumbell curl - 10x10, 15x10, 20x10

We have since worked out Chest and Shoulders, and I will update that in a day or so.

My diet has lately consisted of

Breakfast - 1 whole wheat waffle, 2 eggs, half a grapefruit
Snack - yogurt and granola, or a protein shake
Lunch - Half a chicken sandwich with spinach and tomatoes
Snack - Carrots or grapes or strawberries... my fruit selection varies but I normally eat some carrots and fruit at this time of the day.
Dinner - Chicken with salad, feta cheese, almonds, fruit and oil/balsamic vinegar dressing.

I drink water all day long with the occasional diet soda.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions I would love to hear your thoughts/opinions.
:D

ANGblonD

Awards
Monday:9-6-10

Shoulders:
Upright barbell rows- 30x10 30x10 35x10
Military dumbell press- 15x10 20x10 20x10
Arnold press-15x10 15x10c 20x8
front and lateral raises-8x10 8x12 10x8

Back:
Seated row- 50x10 55x12 60x10
Wide grip lat pull downs- 50x10 60x10 60x12