A good weight loss/fat burner for my wife...

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
My wife is trying to cut her bf %, she isn't going for size just trying to slim down. What would you suggest?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My wife is trying to cut her bf %, she isn't going for size just trying to slim down. What would you suggest?
That would depend upon what BF% she is NOW. Anything greater than 15% BF and you would NOt see much difference/effects in taking a fat burner.

Also, the FIRST thing you should be looking at is her DIET. If this isn't right, then looking at a supplement won't fix a poor diet.

And make sure she is training appropriately (i.e. lifting weights, not doing endless hours of cardio).

IMO, you DON'T need a fat burner to lose fat. If your diet and exercise is targeted at fat loss, then you will see results right there.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
That would depend upon what BF% she is NOW. Anything greater than 15% BF and you would NOt see much difference/effects in taking a fat burner.

Also, the FIRST thing you should be looking at is her DIET. If this isn't right, then looking at a supplement won't fix a poor diet.

And make sure she is training appropriately (i.e. lifting weights, not doing endless hours of cardio).

IMO, you DON'T need a fat burner to lose fat. If your diet and exercise is targeted at fat loss, then you will see results right there.
Thanks G! She's probably around 12-14% bf. And she has never done anything but cardio, and she wants to wait for me to teach her how to weight train when i come home (which will be another 3 months) What do you suggest?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks G! She's probably around 12-14% bf. And she has never done anything but cardio, and she wants to wait for me to teach her how to weight train when i come home (which will be another 3 months) What do you suggest?
IMO, the BEST fat burner is GAINING muscle (i.e. cardio is NOT necessary)!

I would suggest that you get her to go and ses a personal trainer/nutritionist and have them get her on a training programme and set up with a nutrition plan (and TEACH her about the importance of correct nutrition) aimed at her goals, since you're not going to be there to teach her things. That way she can get started. Since she's a beginner, she should see results very quickly withOUT the use of a fat burner (so long as her diet is right as well).

And I wouldn't even bother considering any supplements other than the basics until she has built up a solid training foundation.

AMTorres

AMTorres

Awards
  • Established
IMO, the BEST fat burner is GAINING muscle (i.e. cardio is NOT necessary)!

I would suggest that you get her to go and ses a personal trainer/nutritionist and have them get her on a training programme and set up with a nutrition plan (and TEACH her about the importance of correct nutrition) aimed at her goals, since you're not going to be there to teach her things. That way she can get started. Since she's a beginner, she should see results very quickly withOUT the use of a fat burner (so long as her diet is right as well).

And I wouldn't even bother considering any supplements other than the basics until she has built up a solid training foundation.
Thanks G! I appreciate all the insight!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
kkschaef

kkschaef

Awards
I agree weight training is the best fat burner. Make sure her diet is on track, she's eating lean protein, complex carbs, and lots of veggies. With all that in place she probably wont need a fat burner.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
ya diet in check then weight training then after some time supps, beginners see results very quickly most gyms have personal trainers so shouldnt be too hard if not that youtube has videos she can watch to learn some moves