Just Arrived....

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi folks

Ordered myself some DEFUSE. Always fancied getting myself a tub.

20180418_103442.jpg

Gonna rub it 2 + 2 each day for the 45 day run. Im currently on 3200 - 3500 calories depending on how much i have done on that day (Work + Cardio + Training) I eat 3 meals per day and i intermittent fast til around 2pm then eat around 5 oclock then again at 8pm

How does this look?..

1.30pm... 2 Defuse caps
7.30pm.. 2 defuse caps

I read that half life is around 8 hours so the 1.30 ones should cover the 5 oclock meal also?

Would it be safe to run even higher Calories on this without any fat gain? My progress on the scales has been very very slow this bulk but i want that more than what i did last year and piled unwanted fat on. Was thinking of bumping up to 4000 calories. Just wanted to keep the fat in check this time round. Not sur whether to do that for the 45 days and see how i look ? Anyone ever bumped calories alot higher running Defuse?

Thanks

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
defuse really isn't meant to run longer term... its more jsut for cheat meals. A few of us, myself included, tried an extended run at lower doses but the results weren't worth the $ IMO. where defuse shines is cheat meals and "splurges". I honestly would not recommend running it like you listed as its not just for mitigating "bad" weight gain so much as it basically stops all calories form being utilized. Its not a partitioner product where you just make better use of some of the calories consumed, its more like a dead stop on all of them.

Basically, all you would be doing by upping you calories is allowing yourself to eat more, but not actually being able to utilize more of them.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
defuse really isn't meant to run longer term... its more jsut for cheat meals. A few of us, myself included, tried an extended run at lower doses but the results weren't worth the $ IMO. where defuse shines is cheat meals and "splurges". I honestly would not recommend running it like you listed as its not just for mitigating "bad" weight gain so much as it basically stops all calories form being utilized. Its not a partitioner product where you just make better use of some of the calories consumed, its more like a dead stop on all of them.

Basically, all you would be doing by upping you calories is allowing yourself to eat more, but not actually being able to utilize more of them.
Thiers a dosing protocol where Dsade says a smaller dose 45 days is an option?

2 caps then another 2 caps later on. Have you seen it?

Be good if Dsade could let us know?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thiers a dosing protocol where Dsade says a smaller dose 45 days is an option?

2 caps then another 2 caps later on. Have you seen it?

Be good if Dsade could let us know?
that's what I was talking about above when I said I was one of the guys that did the test run... I didn't see any benefit to doing it as fat loss was no better or worse and its just a cost at that point (as well as it potentially negates the effects of using it for an actual cheat as the pathways it effects eventually stop responding to it - thus the timeline and normal suggestion only to use in short bursts).

Also, I believe the new bottles dose is only 3 caps vs the old ones that were 4/dose... might want to check your bottle as a 2x2 cap dose might be too much with the new cap sizes

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whats the dfferences to check on the bottle.. Is it the added rose ellagatins? It says 60 serves at 3 caps.

So you done a test run and noticed no benefit.. Cut or bulk?

Thanks

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Whats the dfferences to check on the bottle.. Is it the added rose ellagatins? It says 60 serves at 3 caps.

So you done a test run and noticed no benefit.. Cut or bulk?

Thanks
if it lists the dose as 3 caps, its the new one (the formula is not different, the caps are just bigger now so the dose went from 4 caps to 3)

cut - I logged it on here with ketoinduce last summer

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to contradict, but here is a thread about the 2/2 dosing protocol w/ feedback from dsade and it talks about 3 for a cheat, or 2/2 for "daily use":

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/evomuse/298393-evomuse-defuse-dosing.html

That being said I tried it (ran a full bottle that way, IE: 2/2 dosing) and have to agree with booneman that using it for cheat meal/splurging is a much better use of it. I didn't really feel like it was a good expenditure to use it that way (2/2 dosing).

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry to contradict, but here is a thread about the 2/2 dosing protocol w/ feedback from dsade and it talks about 3 for a cheat, or 2/2 for "daily use":

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/evomuse/298393-evomuse-defuse-dosing.html

That being said I tried it (ran a full bottle that way, IE: 2/2 dosing) and have to agree with booneman that using it for cheat meal/splurging is a much better use of it. I didn't really feel like it was a good expenditure to use it that way (2/2 dosing).
Im currently running it at 2 x 2 dosing. Gonna do it the 45 day recommendation and see how it goes. I know how my body changes during a bulk.

I bulked last year on 3000-3200 calories and noticed around the 2 month mark i was putting a little too much fat on. This year im on 3200-3500 calories and the fat gain is almost next to nothing? Im at the 6 week mark so far. My weight has went up so little on 3500 so i thought i need to bump these calories even more. I bumped calories this year due to me cycling (Bike) alot more this year which i had very little of last year... The biggest issue i have is appetite. i can knock back that 3500 calories in a meal lol was even tempted to run an appetite suppressant as food is always in my mind... i have now bumped calories to 3800-4000 to try balance out my appetite and also get some extra mass. I just wanted to run this 2x2 protocol with the 4000 calories just to see if i can increase weight with very little fat gain. I dont mind a little fat though as i can cut later on in the year or even do a 2 week minicut after this 45 day run.. I dont like cutting for prolonged periods due to the rebound after a long diet and also the hunger is incredible.

I have took before photos and starting weight so i could log how much my body changes? I prefer to use skinfold callipers to gauge fat gain than what a scale says... I have a very good bodyfat % reader scale.. These obviously are very innaccurate but if used consistently they can show changes if used correctly.. Like most it seems fat gain goes to my midsection first before anywhere else. In the 6 weeks my midsection reading hasn't moved at all. This time last year it gained here so quickly and you know how it feels when you start to see all your cuts dissapear! Especially after a cutting phase.

Be good to see how Defuse works for me.. Will keep a detailed log and do a pic before and a pic after 45 days. Will add calliper readings & also my scale weight & bodyfat % its reading then also.

Here is a before pic

Screenshot_2018-04-05-09-21-52.jpg

I will post an after pic after the defuse run with stats.

Thanks

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Im currently running it at 2 x 2 dosing. Gonna do it the 45 day recommendation and see how it goes. I know how my body changes during a bulk.

I bulked last year on 3000-3200 calories and noticed around the 2 month mark i was putting a little too much fat on. This year im on 3200-3500 calories and the fat gain is almost next to nothing? Im at the 6 week mark so far. My weight has went up so little on 3500 so i thought i need to bump these calories even more. I bumped calories this year due to me cycling (Bike) alot more this year which i had very little of last year... The biggest issue i have is appetite. i can knock back that 3500 calories in a meal lol was even tempted to run an appetite suppressant as food is always in my mind... i have now bumped calories to 3800-4000 to try balance out my appetite and also get some extra mass. I just wanted to run this 2x2 protocol with the 4000 calories just to see if i can increase weight with very little fat gain. I dont mind a little fat though as i can cut later on in the year or even do a 2 week minicut after this 45 day run.. I dont like cutting for prolonged periods due to the rebound after a long diet and also the hunger is incredible.

I have took before photos and starting weight so i could log how much my body changes? I prefer to use skinfold callipers to gauge fat gain than what a scale says... I have a very good bodyfat % reader scale.. These obviously are very innaccurate but if used consistently they can show changes if used correctly.. Like most it seems fat gain goes to my midsection first before anywhere else. In the 6 weeks my midsection reading hasn't moved at all. This time last year it gained here so quickly and you know how it feels when you start to see all your cuts dissapear! Especially after a cutting phase.

Be good to see how Defuse works for me.. Will keep a detailed log and do a pic before and a pic after 45 days. Will add calliper readings & also my scale weight & bodyfat % its reading then also.

Here is a before pic

View attachment 163854

I will post an after pic after the defuse run with stats.

Thanks
as we mentioned above though, what you're experiencing so far is exactly what should happen (increase in calories, but no increase in weight gain (either muscle or fat) as those caloreis basically just get "wasted"). The issue I see with this protocol in a bulk, is that you intentionally are eating in a surplus, but defuse then negates that surplus via its MOA so your net energy avialable for muscle building is still the same... I really can only see this benefiting you in a cut becuase you could eat more calories and still be in the same or slightly greater deficit (i.e. more food to help satiate, but no fat gain).

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
as we mentioned above though, what you're experiencing so far is exactly what should happen (increase in calories, but no increase in weight gain (either muscle or fat) as those caloreis basically just get "wasted"). The issue I see with this protocol in a bulk, is that you intentionally are eating in a surplus, but defuse then negates that surplus via its MOA so your net energy avialable for muscle building is still the same... I really can only see this benefiting you in a cut becuase you could eat more calories and still be in the same or slightly greater deficit (i.e. more food to help satiate, but no fat gain).
I had been bulking for 5 weeks prior to using the defuse.. My weight increase has been very verrry slow. Some days i even dropped below my starting bulk weight. That was on 3200-3500 calories. I am only 5ft9 and 159 pounds. Last year i was on 3000 - 3200 calories and after my bulk i had a ton of added fat around my midsection so i had to cut for a few weeks to start to see it go away.

Why i want to run Defuse at 2x2 is too incorporate even more calories. Which from when i started i am on 4000 calories a day now. I just dont want that large amount of extra fat to deal with at a later stage. So if i can bulk on 4000 calories and remain leanish then that for me is worth the ££££.. I have an incredible appetite and never really feel satisfied and it plays mimd games. Right now on 4000 calories i am still doing intermittent fasting. Yesterday i broke my fast at around 2.30pm and consumed 4000 calories in a 6-7 hour eating window. So easy for me. Weight still remains the same so hopefully i can still stay leanish but also add mass along this path.. I think when you cut for a long period it seriously messes your leptin/ghrelin levels and your brain isnt getting the proper signals? I do alot of cycling as at the moment this is my transport. Yesterday i covered 25 miles in a short time frame so im burning a large amount of energy.

I will run it 45 days an post all my stats. Before after photos and skinfold calliper reeadings.. Will see how my training is going and also progress.

Will keep you posted..

Thanks for your help. Appreciated

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had been bulking for 5 weeks prior to using the defuse.. My weight increase has been very verrry slow. Some days i even dropped below my starting bulk weight. That was on 3200-3500 calories. I am only 5ft9 and 159 pounds. Last year i was on 3000 - 3200 calories and after my bulk i had a ton of added fat around my midsection so i had to cut for a few weeks to start to see it go away.

Why i want to run Defuse at 2x2 is too incorporate even more calories. Which from when i started i am on 4000 calories a day now. I just dont want that large amount of extra fat to deal with at a later stage. So if i can bulk on 4000 calories and remain leanish then that for me is worth the ££££.. I have an incredible appetite and never really feel satisfied and it plays mimd games. Right now on 4000 calories i am still doing intermittent fasting. Yesterday i broke my fast at around 2.30pm and consumed 4000 calories in a 6-7 hour eating window. So easy for me. Weight still remains the same so hopefully i can still stay leanish but also add mass along this path.. I think when you cut for a long period it seriously messes your leptin/ghrelin levels and your brain isnt getting the proper signals? I do alot of cycling as at the moment this is my transport. Yesterday i covered 25 miles in a short time frame so im burning a large amount of energy.

I will run it 45 days an post all my stats. Before after photos and skinfold calliper reeadings.. Will see how my training is going and also progress.

Will keep you posted..

Thanks for your help. Appreciated