Just One Thing

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great news everybody. I was talking to dsade about Defuse and he mentioned that he should be getting it in stock on Thursday of this week - just in time to ship for Thanksgiving! As we were talking a little more, we came up with an idea for a giveaway.

I know that I have learned A LOT from all of the members of AM. Sometimes, someone will say something on hear that will stick in my head forever. Sometimes it is game changing, sometimes it isn't game changing. Sometimes it is just that they say something you may have already known, but the way they say it gives it more meaning or perspective.

For me, the example of this is BEAST73. He often says, "The struggle is real."

What this means to me, is that you never really "arrive". Beast73 is in great shape, and it is easy to look at him and think "He's made it". But the dieting, working out, struggling still hasn't ended for him. It never ends. He fights for it every day. And to me, this is just a concise way of pointing out a common issue with people who try to improve their health. I think we all start with this idea of, "If I just get to this weight or put on this much muscle, I will be able to relax" - but the struggle never ends. I know I started off with this mentality. But even when we get to our goals, we learn that we have to keep fighting if we want to hold onto those goals. This is motivating to me, but also a thought that is useful in planning for how to achieve a goal and what to expect.

So, if you had to pick just one thing that you've learned from a person on AM, who do you attribute it to and what was that one thing?

DSade has agreed to give away a Brite/Defuse stack (1 bottle each) to the post with the most likes. The poster and the person they attribute the lesson to will both receive this stack just in time for the holidays!

All are welcome, but here is a quick list of names that's out there to get this thread started:
kjkitzman hairygrandpa Studhorse DemntedCowboy Tank999 MonteRXS TheMyth angcd3 FireTitan hairygrandpa rtmilburn alphagainz SFreed CJNator wesb2387 Tank999 DennisTheDane Juicedeez utz BEAST73 @Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer SFreed coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse blueline438 lifted67 smith_69 rtmilburn FireTitan alphagainz ChocolateClen justhere4comm matt8483 ryane87 nostrum420 mmorso thebigt Dirty Dan Bmac63095 TNlifting BEAST73 Tank999 BloodManor angcd3 habajaba mmorso cwages TheMyth DemntedCowboy lukehayd Rocket3015 Oconns28 jalfrey bloodnthunder jtmass Martyfnemec THOR 70 chemjr kenpoengineer GreenMachineX LOVEtoLIFTkat

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
Definitely Jebrook. I actually don't have just one single thing I've learned from him. Don't get me wrong, lots of guys have helped me on here since I joined a year ago. But talking to this dude about anything from SARMS to proper PCT, to plain ol nutrition. Since I've taken advice from him, I've put on 20lbs of good hard clear muscle. I just had hydrostatic weighing done this morning for my college class and calculated bf came to 11.6%. That's a 3.4%drop with a 20lb gain in a year. I can 100% say I wouldn't be near that without the help of Jebrook. The dude simply knows what he's talking about. So thank you m8. Here's to the gains!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Definitely Jebrook. I actually don't have just one single thing I've learned from him. Don't get me wrong, lots of guys have helped me on here since I joined a year ago. But talking to this dude about anything from SARMS to proper PCT, to plain ol nutrition. Since I've taken advice from him, I've put on 20lbs of good hard clear muscle. I just had hydrostatic weighing done this morning for my college class and calculated bf came to 11.6%. That's a 3.4%drop with a 20lb gain in a year. I can 100% say I wouldn't be near that without the help of Jebrook. The dude simply knows what he's talking about. So thank you m8. Here's to the gains!
Ok, so I get you have more than one thing - but if you have ONE thing that stands out, what is It? Maybe it will help others to know?

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
Ok, so I get you have more than one thing - but if you have ONE thing that stands out, what is It? Maybe it will help others to know?
Understandable.. Hmm. Definitely just listen to your body. Especially on cycle during training. Don't sacrifice your health just to finish a cycle of any sort. Goes for training too.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The most important lesson I learnt from AM is to listen to your body. There were lot of times in my very small time in training that I go overboard on either weights I train with or the way I train. I have been following a lot of threads here thanks to SFreed for bringing me in. So, I learnt to listen to my body after following hairygrandpa and his log. The adjustments he makes in his training made me realise how important it is to recognise, acknowledge and take action depending on how your body responds.

I am young and have a long way to go. But HGP’s lessons learnt that he shares every time gets imprinted in me. Salute you, sir! Thank You.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
What a great idea boys!

Can I nominate the poster? If so, HIT4ME has attributed to every forum I have created on AM when I started posting in July 2016. I was so lost in many things. He has taught me that the journeys is never over but to always trust your instincts. If it feels right then it must be. Everything can deceive but your conscience will always keep it real. He is never afraid of saying something that maybe you won’t agree with or that you want to hear. He will respond to me on the forum and then immediately DM me that he doesn’t mean to come off aggressive or a know it all, which I appreciate.

So my message to you HIT4ME :
“Always speak how you feel and never be sorry for being real. If you keep it real with me, I’ll respect you way more.”

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't really like any of you guys! and have never learned one thing! LMAO just kidding brothers! I have learned way too many things to even pick one person. I will just follow along and vote. (or should I say like)

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What a great idea boys!

Can I nominate the poster? If so, HIT4ME has attributed to every forum I have created on AM when I started posting in July 2016. I was so lost in many things. He has taught me that the journeys is never over but to always trust your instincts. If it feels right then it must be. Everything can deceive but your conscience will always keep it real. He is never afraid of saying something that maybe you won’t agree with or that you want to hear. He will respond to me on the forum and then immediately DM me that he doesn’t mean to come off aggressive or a know it all, which I appreciate.

So my message to you HIT4ME :
“Always speak how you feel and never be sorry for being real. If you keep it real with me, I’ll respect you way more.”
Haha - you can nominate me, I appreciate it, but I can't win anything! I am trying to give sh1t away here! haha.

I appreciate the sentiment. You have worked tremendously hard and you're doing great. It's easy to give thoughts - harder to give work and action. You're doing the heavy lifting and the people doing the heavy lifting are the people who motivate others.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not entering the contest, but one thing that has stuck with me throughout the years is from the late great Snagency (RIP my friend) who taught me so many things. It's really very simple and I love to use it when I'm in a surplus mode. It's adding a little bit of heavy cream to your protein shake. The first time I tried it years ago, I was hooked! The way it just totally enhanced the protein shake was awesome!!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't really like any of you guys! and have never learned one thing! LMAO just kidding brothers! I have learned way too many things to even pick one person. I will just follow along and vote. (or should I say like)
I say that you're nominating me here because you're opening line is almost verbatim of a post I made in another thread! Lmbo! You plagiaristic jerk!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm not entering the contest, but one thing that has stuck with me throughout the years is from the late great Snagency (RIP my friend) who taught me so many things. It's really very simple and I love to use it when I'm in a surplus mode. It's adding a little bit of heavy cream to your protein shake. The first time I tried it years ago, I was hooked! The way it just totally enhanced the protein shake was awesome!!
You're still entered. Too bad.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I say that you're nominating me here because you're opening line is almost verbatim of a post I made in another thread! Lmbo! You plagiaristic jerk!
Plagiarism? I don't think so. I just think that great minds think alike.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Plagiarism? I don't think so. I just think that great minds think alike.
Lmbo! If you knew even 1/8th of the stuff that goes on in my mind, you definitely wouldn't be using the word "Great" and for sure wouldn't want to be lumping yourself together with me!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i think of snags every grand slam tennis tournament...he would be pleased to know that roger Federer won 2 grands last year-really miss that guy!!!

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I have a couple guys that have made a big impact on me, but I've already seen many of their names thrown out above. One person I'll throw in is The Solution. He's helpful in many ways, but a lesson I've learned is that you can move toward fitness goals AND enjoy life at the same time. He's eating ice cream, donuts, crazy burgers, and baking amazing desserts, all while hitting his goals in the gym and the mirror. I convinced myself early on that I had to hate life (in terms of eating, at least) to get to where I wanted. It's people like him that make me realize that with willpower, I can enjoy some of life's pleasures too. Moderation is key!

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I nominate: The_Old_Guy
If I have to bring out 1 thing then it's his advice how to preserve muscle while injured.
But he's also just a great resource. Willing to read through research and share it with us so we don't have to read the whole thing.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Some really awesome suggestions in here guys, keep them coming!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wouldn't be fair to name only one. I probably would name the whole tag list. Besides OP contributed so much too. jtmass , thank you, I'm blushing, LOL!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wouldn't be fair to name only one. I probably would name the whole tag list. Besides OP contributed so much too. jtmass , thank you, I'm blushing, LOL!
Stop being a pansy. Just pick someone already.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don’t take compliments well either. But, I did really learn from you. So, thank you!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stop being a pansy. Just pick someone already.
HIT4ME , be aware you pressured me to do so, I could name at least a dozen.
BEAST73 , I visit his log to get my daily dose of humiliation, looking at his crazy cardio sessions.
What I learned was, he did a cut once, going low on protein, contradicting mainstream opinion on protein requirements -and pulled it off.

That was highly valuable to me, as I always suspected it may work -but never tried, out of fear losing gains.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
HIT4ME , be aware you pressured me to do so, I could name at least a dozen.
BEAST73 , I visit his log to get my daily dose of humiliation, looking at his crazy cardio sessions.
What I learned was, he did a cut once, going low on protein, contradicting mainstream opinion on protein requirements -and pulled it off.

That was highly valuable to me, as I always suspected it may work -but never tried, out of fear losing gains.
Awesome stuff...going against the grain is important. You never really know until you try.l it yourself.

BEAST73 is on a BULK!
Studhorse - what you got?
SFreed - looking forward to your entry, I know you got something.

I am surprised there aren't more entries here. Free stuff and free cheat meals!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome stuff...going against the grain is important. You never really know until you try.l it yourself.

Studhorse - what you got?
SFreed - looking forward to your entry, I know you got something.

I am surprised there aren't more entries here. Free stuff and free cheat meals!
I have learned way too many things to even pick one person. I will just follow along and vote. (or should I say like) hairygrandpa has helped me quite a bit with chest exercises I can do with my bad shoulder. yates84 has helped me for many guys at my gym with questions and suggestions that are not natty. FireTitan keeps me motivated and took me in when I was a newbie on AM.
as well as you brother......
I could go on and on.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's hard to nail it down to just one person! I've learned so much from you Jeff, between here, texts and a couple of marathon phone calls. Studhorse hooked me up with an HST workout when I couldn't even spell it. Hairygrandpa, Tank, Beast.......dang list just keeps growing!

If I had to nail it down to one person, it would be MrKleen73. He's taught so many, helped so many, and I don't think he even realizes it.

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
It's hard to nail it down to just one person! I've learned so much from you Jeff, between here, texts and a couple of marathon phone calls. Studhorse hooked me up with an HST workout when I couldn't even spell it. Hairygrandpa, Tank, Beast.......dang list just keeps growing!

If I had to nail it down to one person, it would be MrKleen73. He's taught so many, helped so many, and I don't think he even realizes it.
Anytime someone needs to get punched in the face with some knowledge, it's always fun watching MrKleen73, muscleupcrohn, HIT4ME and others bring it. Entertaining and informative. I imagine it's what Dora the Explorer was like for 5 year olds.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If its about a thing I learned that is valuable: Studhorse 's landmine presses for "shoulder cripples".

See, I could get on and on.... I'm learning almost every day, it never stops.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anytime someone needs to get punched in the face with some knowledge, it's always fun watching MrKleen73, muscleupcrohn, HIT4ME and others bring it. Entertaining and informative. I imagine it's what Dora the Explorer was like for 5 year olds.
Hahahahaha!! Oh, now we have to start calling Chris, Dora and asking him where Boots is! Hmmmm, now to figure out which AM member is Swiper.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's promos like this that make me feel bad as I mainly get on here anymore for the comic relief. I haven't really been helping anyone for a while. As I'm typing this, I realize that I've become rather selfish in my interactions with others on here. More just taking and not giving. :(

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's promos like this that make me feel bad as I mainly get on here anymore for the comic relief. I haven't really been helping anyone for a while. As I'm typing this, I realize that I've become rather selfish in my interactions with others on here. More just taking and not giving. :(
Handjobs count as "giving". ;)

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So - there are two parts to this right? This gives you a chance to appreciate some things you have learned, but also to look for ways to pay it forward. I would suggest that this thread itself can pay it forward. There are millions of pages on this forum and none of us have read everything here. But we have all probably taken some small distinction from someone and applied it - and they may not even realize the impact it has had on someone else. And saying what we have learned here may give that distinction to someone else, but also thanks the person who originally gave you the thought.

I'm not great at these promotions apparently - but everyone keeps saying it is too hard to narrow it down to just one person.

So how about a compromise? Each post has to narrow it down to one person - but you can make as many posts as you like. So if you have 5 people, you can make 5 posts. This will allow everyone to vote with the "like" button for each individual lesson and hopefully get more lessons and activities up here.

One other "new" rule. You can't nominate someone who has nominated you. I often feel obligated to return nominations and I think everyone does - but I also know that when I nominate someone for something like this I don't expect anything in return at all and I am sure that's how we all feel. So nominating someone who nominated you is prohibited to avoid everyone just going around in circles.

So, get all those lessons out there....I hope this gets things rolling. So far we have great entries!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just a list of some other people on here who have helped me and should jump in here:
Synapsin
NewAgeMayan
GNO
muscleupcrohn
The_Old_Guy

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hahahahaha!! Oh, now we have to start calling Chris, Dora and asking him where Boots is! Hmmmm, now to figure out which AM member is Swiper.
Hulk??

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So nominating someone who nominated you is prohibited to avoid everyone just going around in circles.
Well that leaves out DemntedCowboy because going around in circles (jerking each other off) is one of his fondest memories of the military.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't know, maybe you since you seem to be the one that saves all of the pictures posted up on here. From now on, when someone posts a pic, if they say "Swiper, no swiping!" 3 times, you can't have the picture for your collection. Lol!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well that leaves out DemntedCowboy because going around in circles (jerking each other off) is one of his fondest memories of the military.
Only thing I jerked in the Army was my Machine Gun. The Marines are the ones that jerk each other off. Lol

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's that new Army. I don't know about them just glad I ain't part of it. Those guys in my days wouldn't have made it long. Lol
With the pussification of the males in this country over the last few decades, I don't think any of them would be able to handle what thebigt 's era went through, let alone what our grandfathers/ great grandfathers went through in WW2 and WW1.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
With the pussification of the males in this country over the last few decades, I don't think any of them would be able to handle what thebigt 's era went through, let alone what our grandfathers/ great grandfathers went through in WW2 and WW1.
I 100% agree, right before I got retired I seen some of these kids coming in, and I was wondering to myself...How did this guy ever make it through Basic Training

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Thanks SFreed! I often wonder if I am not that blowhard who won't shut up giving unsolicited advice and annoying people.

Although I imagine that I might be doing some of that too!

Haha Thanks!!!!
Dora was a boss!!!!

Swiper.. STOP SWIPING!!!!

I had to laugh, I heard that in my head as soon as I read that.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks @<u><a href="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/member.php?u=220669" target="_blank">SFreed</a></u>! I often wonder if I am not that blowhard who won't shut up giving unsolicited advice and annoying people.

Although I imagine that I might be doing some of that too!

Haha Thanks!!!!

Dora was a boss!!!!

Swiper.. STOP SWIPING!!!!

I had to laugh, I heard that in my head as soon as I read that.
[video]https://youtu.be/3IZpPRrI_F8[/video]

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
things were a little different back then...:drillsergeant:

that bergdahl guy would have been given a blanket party he would never forget....

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I 100% agree, right before I got retired I seen some of these kids coming in, and I was wondering to myself...How did this guy ever make it through Basic Training
I see young people today and think that a couple of years in the military would be a really good thing for them....then I think about it and realize the military is probably better off without them.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just a list of some other people on here who have helped me and should jump in here:

Synapsin
NewAgeMayan
GNO
muscleupcrohn
The_Old_Guy
Appreciate the shutout bud. I have definitely taken more than I've given to the forum ;)

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't know, maybe you since you seem to be the one that saves all of the pictures posted up on here. From now on, when someone posts a pic, if they say "Swiper, no swiping!" 3 times, you can't have the picture for your collection. Lol!
Keep it up and I might just have to post one here that I just happen to have.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Appreciate the shutout bud. I have definitely taken more than I've given to the forum ;)
Well, that's the idea! You cam give back to someone you have "taken" from. Just say what you got from them and you could win and they could win.

Honestly, you are in the list because I see you as a giver...but I am sure we all Gove and take.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, that's the idea! You cam give back to someone you have "taken" from. Just say what you got from them and you could win and they could win.

Honestly, you are in the list because I see you as a giver...but I am sure we all Gove and take.
Well Jebrook gave me...uhhhh nvm