Epi spray!!!

dcoen21

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Patrick Arnold has released a epi spray just thought people might want to know!

dcoen21

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just got my bottle today hopefully the enhanced absorption will shine through, completely different smell from ur spray.

ColdCapital

Awards
I just finished my first bottle. I'm mid-40s, eating keto, mostly aerobic exercise, some lifting.
Here are my impressions:...

PROS:
  1. I had a MASSIVE increase in appetite. Usually I am eating 2 - 3K Cal/day depending on exercise. On Epi, I often consume an extra 0.5 - 1 K Cal/d. It's unbelievable how hungry I am. No gain in weight. I do seem "warmer".
  2. My aerobic exercise seemed to get WORSE. I know this is weird, but I seemed to gas out 2/3s of the way thru a standard 1 hour routine.
  3. Even with no change in exercise, I wake up sore / pumped. It's strange, but, based on soreness (etc) I definitely feel more like I'm lifting weights than doing 10Ks on a SkiErg...
CONS:
  1. STAIN STAIN STAIN. As Patrick points out in his blog, this stuff oxidizes orange. So, in a shower, it stains rust colored. It's a total mess. I won't be re-ordering unless he changes the formula. I'd rather swallow pills than spend time with bleach and a toothbrush cleaning grout!!!
  2. COX-1 Inhibitor. While researching Epi, I read that it's a COX-1 inhibitor. On my weak stomach, I did notice some pain. I gave up caffeine and all is good now.
  3. Expensive.
  4. Customer Service. I asked PN customer service about the staining and the chances of getting a cream, but they never responded. If I drop a couple hundred bucks in your store, I'd like a response to an honest question!!!
CONCLUSION - It's not snake oil. There's a real effect that I'd love to keep playing with. I could see really being able to lose weight if I can hold my standard calorie level (note, I've already lost 50 lbs on keto over the last 2 years). And I "feel" stronger / "sore-er" -- there could be real strenght effects, too. But the staining is a deal breaker. No go.

DieselNY

DieselNY

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have the Olympus brand pump Epi. It does stain a little bit but it washes right off instantaneously so I'm assuming they're using different carriers

I love Epi in pill form or topical as the pumps are amazing even when you're not working out

Mission1

Mission1

Awards
  • Established
I just finished my first bottle. I'm mid-40s, eating keto, mostly aerobic exercise, some lifting.
Here are my impressions:...

PROS:
  1. I had a MASSIVE increase in appetite. Usually I am eating 2 - 3K Cal/day depending on exercise. On Epi, I often consume an extra 0.5 - 1 K Cal/d. It's unbelievable how hungry I am. No gain in weight. I do seem "warmer".
  2. My aerobic exercise seemed to get WORSE. I know this is weird, but I seemed to gas out 2/3s of the way thru a standard 1 hour routine.
  3. Even with no change in exercise, I wake up sore / pumped. It's strange, but, based on soreness (etc) I definitely feel more like I'm lifting weights than doing 10Ks on a SkiErg...
CONS:
  1. STAIN STAIN STAIN. As Patrick points out in his blog, this stuff oxidizes orange. So, in a shower, it stains rust colored. It's a total mess. I won't be re-ordering unless he changes the formula. I'd rather swallow pills than spend time with bleach and a toothbrush cleaning grout!!!
  2. COX-1 Inhibitor. While researching Epi, I read that it's a COX-1 inhibitor. On my weak stomach, I did notice some pain. I gave up caffeine and all is good now.
  3. Expensive.
  4. Customer Service. I asked PN customer service about the staining and the chances of getting a cream, but they never responded. If I drop a couple hundred bucks in your store, I'd like a response to an honest question!!!
CONCLUSION - It's not snake oil. There's a real effect that I'd love to keep playing with. I could see really being able to lose weight if I can hold my standard calorie level (note, I've already lost 50 lbs on keto over the last 2 years). And I "feel" stronger / "sore-er" -- there could be real strenght effects, too. But the staining is a deal breaker. No go.
I haven’t experienced any staining at all.

mrzach

Awards
I haven't had stained clothing but rather the bathtub has color where it oxidizes and since it is in a spray it seems that some of the orange spots are developing on the sink area as well (just buildup I assume) that said, it is easy to wipe off and doesn't "stain" per say, in my experience.

Good product and effective so far it seems - I'm having the same pro's as ColdCapital mentioned.

ColdCapital

Awards
Yeah, I should have been more specific on the staining... I have a problem with porous surfaces: marble or grout. It seems if Epi gets in there, it's a total pain to remove. No problem with skin / clothes (which is surprising given how orange it turns...). FWIW, I've been off for a coupe weeks for vacation. It'll be interesting to see if I have the same effects when I resume.
Does anyone know the concentration of Epi in the spray? I'm just trying to triangulate the dosage with published studies which were ~1mg/Kg/d oral.

Mission1

Mission1

Awards
  • Established
Stuff is working. Took about 3/4 of a bottle to kick in. Noticed my mid section tighter and visible ice cubes starting to show through. Liking the investment. Pants are looser with my belt. I’ve taken plenty pill form Epicatechin and this is far superior. Only downside is the smell. To me it’s strong then anything I used in the Prototype nutrition line. Takes about 2 hours to dissipate. Honestly training and diet is off but feeling slight increase in stamina throughout the day and not tired by 3 pm which gives me the extra to train from 7:00 ish to 8:30. Purchased another bottle to see were we go.

ColdCapital

Awards
FWIW, I've stopped using it as I think it's COX-1 inhibition is too much for my stomach (note, I can't take ibuprofen for more than a couple days either...)

I'll sell my last unopened bottle for $40 (cheap shipping included!) SOLD!!!

Note, I just started 7-spray. Nothing after the first week...

mrzach

Awards
7-spray works, but does take time. I've found that it is stronger than 7-keto orally for me, but I still always plan a 2 bottle run. I usually think it is around week 2-3 that things start to shape up with it. Good luck!

ColdCapital

Awards
Yeah, I bought 2 bottles! I'll let you know. Thanks.

Mission1

Mission1

Awards
  • Established
Very happy with this version of (-)epi. Blows any oral away. I’ve used the best. Only side effect is very dry skin. Moisturize a lot. Weight dropping. Leaning very apparent. Training and diet not perfect. I’m very pleased with this spray. There are very few supplements that I promoted. On my second bottle and will be ordering my third.

doogans

doogans

Awards
  • Established
Very happy with this version of (-)epi. Blows any oral away. I’ve used the best. Only side effect is very dry skin. Moisturize a lot. Weight dropping. Leaning very apparent. Training and diet not perfect. I’m very pleased with this spray. There are very few supplements that I promoted. On my second bottle and will be ordering my third.
I'm interested in this stuff. I always get great endurance benefits from Epi products. Currently I'm taking Epi-plex but considering adding a transdermal to round things out. So you're leaning out without a strict diet?

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
When do you apply and how often? How long does a bottle last? If I wasn't able to apply this pre-workout, would I not reap the benefits as much?