pre-contest cycle log

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
i don't think my attention span is good enough to keep a detailed log, but i'll give it a shot. i have two contests coming up. the first is 10 weeks away, the second is the following week. cycle started today, so yeah, it's a long one.

weeks 1-4
200-300mg 1-test trans
300mg 4-ad

weeks 5-8
10-20mg sd

weeks 9-11
20-30mg mohn
40-80mg m5aa
maybe 1,4ad..haven't determined dose yet.

most people would probably run the 1-test closer to the contest date, but i've never tried it before and didn't want to end up with a rash a week out or so. i'd really like to run the sd right up until the contest but i'm trying to make a weight and the weight gain scares me a little. i may tweak the dosages on everything, but i'm trying to err on the side of caution due to the length of the cycle. yes, i know i'm stacking methyls at the end, but i think it will be alright. i may drop one or the other if need be.

other relevant items:

current weight: 193 (looking for 176)
other supps: man scorch, anarchy (cla, green tea, alcar, lipoic) stack, lots of protein in the form of whey (am, pre- and post- workout), micellar (night) and mrp's (when i just can't choke that chicklen breast down). i may rotate eca and/or clen with the scorch.

diet stays between 2000-2500 cals. usually i eat the same thing every day. oatmeal, chicken breast, lean ground beef, brown rice/yams. like i said, i'll swap a met-rx for a meal when i need a break. no cheat days or meals, but i might go a little more diverse with my diet on the weekend. i started the diet 6 weeks ago at a weight of 207.

i lift 4 days a week, and hit cardio 5 days a week.

will try to post some current pics in the next day or two.

*of course this is all hypothetical, since i threw my ph's away in january...same as the rest of you guys.*

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to know how you feel about the MAN scorch product. I was impressed with bodyoctane so any feedback would be appreciated.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
I'd like to know how you feel about the MAN scorch product. I was impressed with bodyoctane so any feedback would be appreciated.
i'm only a week in to it, so no feedback as of yet. i made my own "body octane" type product (i work for a supp company) but i really wasn't impressed with it.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
here's my split:

monday: chest/bi's/abs/cardio
tues: quads/calves/cardio
wed: cardio
thursday: back/hams/abs/cardio
fri: cardio
sat: shoulders/traps/tris/calves/cardio
sun: off

obviously no update today, since i'm off.

i'll try to keep the important updates at the beginning of each post, for people like me, who don't like to wade through a lot of info.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
no real updates. i bumped the 4-ad to 600mg. originally i wanted to take a real small dose in order to help with 1-test sides, but i just didn't think 300 was going to do much. i'll drop it back down if i notice any water retention.

the only other thing is that people aren't kidding when they say not to get the 1-test gel on your hands before putting your contacts in. it's kind of like when someone says, "man this smells awful...here, check it out." you know you should take their word for it, but you never do.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
no significant updates again. weight is down to 190. i've been hungrier this week than i have been in the past 6 weeks of dieting. i'm not sure whether or not i can attribute that to this cycle, but one thing i can attribute to the cycle is increased aggresion (anger). the little things don't roll off my back as easily as they normally would. i've really noticed a change the last two days. M1t made me feel the same way when i took it. now, let's see if that will spill over in to my workouts.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
In those pictures I'd place you at about 10% bodyfat; 190 is frigging jacked for 5'7" 10%. Nice work!

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I would have put him at 5" 3-4" from the looks of him. There is a lot of mass there. You should do well in the middle weight class.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
I would have put him at 5" 3-4" from the looks of him. There is a lot of mass there. You should do well in the middle weight class.
5'3? what am i...mini me? :)

thanks for the encouragement.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
1 week in to the first phase of the cycle and nothing major to report. the irritability has subsided for now and i had a great workout today.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
here's the last update for the week: weight is at 188. i think i'm looking harder. no major effects (pro or con) from the 1-test/4-ad. i'm expecting a little more over the next 2 weeks.

i picked up a brutle cold from my girlfriend and have been fighting that for a few days. i can lift, but cardio is next to impossible. i'd have been further ahead if i took a few days off to rest, but from a mental standpoint, that wasn't going to do. i'm going to try to get through tomorrow's workout, and then i'm taking 3 days off to go to the arnold classic. if any of you are going make sure to say "hi". i'll be the guy who looks like he lifts ;)

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
well, i'm over 1/2 in to phase 1 of this cycle, and i still don't have much of a report. my weight is at 186. i'm looking harder, but that can easily be attributed to the diet/cardio. so far, i've seen none of the infamous 1-test lethargy. in fact, my energy in the gym is up. my strength, on the other hand, is non-existant. any time i drop below 200lbs that is the case. i'm going to resist the temptation to up dosages, since the cycle will last for so long. i'm pinning most of my hopes on the sd anyway.

if i get time tomorrow i'm going to write up my review of the arnold classic weekend.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How about some more pics?

Looking at your previous pics it seems your left shoulder development is lacking? Just wondering as I have the same problem with my right shoulder, and was wondering what you do to fix this?

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
i was going to post pics after each phase of the cycle...so next ones will be in about 1 &1/2 weeks. i never noticed any difference in shoulders. i think the problem is that i do my most muscular one hand on top of the other. it makes the arm that is bent more seem bigger, and possibly affects the shoulder too. i'll post pics with right hand up, and then the left to see if that is the diffference maker. some people do their most muscular with their hands even, but i've always preferred it the way i do it.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
Looking at your previous pics it seems your left shoulder development is lacking? Just wondering as I have the same problem with my right shoulder, and was wondering what you do to fix this?
i don't have any specific advice regarding a lagging shoulder, but here's one thing i've found useful for a lagging side:

i'm right side dominant. my left arm used to lag behind my right in development. one day i figured out that when doing curling exercises one arm a time, i always led with my right. i think, subconciously, that i treated the right as the "lead" arm and the left as the "trail" arm. i put more effort in to the motion with the lead arm and the trail arm just kind of followed along for the ride. so, i switched up and made my left the lead arm. this really seemed to help. i've used this approach with my quads as well.

now i realize that most shoulder exercises aren't done one side at a time, but try this...i do db lateral raises with every shoulder workout, and i always do them one arm at a time. try them...and lead with your lagging side. try it with any other exercise that you might do one side at a time (front raises) and see if that doesn't help after a few months.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
ok i'm 7 weeks out from the 1st show, and i'm 3 weeks in to the 1-test/4ad. i've noticed some positive changes in the past few days. my weight is hovering around 187 but i'm leaner and more vascular. i seem to be retaining more mass than i would have without the above combo.

here's some notes from the arnold weekend if anyone is interested:

i go mostly for the free supps. the expo is better than halloween if you're willing to work a little. it seemed like the companies weren't quite as giving this year as they were last year, but there were still some good booths.

vpx is still the king of the giveaway. they downsized a little from last year, but if you hang around their booth, you're going to get a lot of freebies.

eas gives away a nice package, but the line is way too long. same with american bodybuilding.

bsn started out with a bang but they ran out of bags pretty early. by then, coleman was there to sign autographs, so they still had a lot of traffic. other decent booths were twinlab (way down from last year though), scivation, labrada and prolab.

met-rx was the big dissapointment for me. they weren't giving away squat. the trend this year was to hand out small bites of bars and/or small drinks for people to sample, rather than actually give packaged product away. which is ok, i guess, unless you are on a strict diet and have to pass on the samples.

here's a few thoughts on some of the names that were there:

ronnie...looked really small to me. i wouldn't be surprised if he were taking an off-season "break". i'll bet he only weighed 260.

arnold...people follow him around like he is god. i just don't get it. any time he walked around i headed the other way to avoid the traffic.

lou ferrigno...looks fantastic for his age. looks good for any age.

sergio/ frank zane...haven't aged as well. enough said.

cutler...looked pretty good for the off-season.

i can't remember the name of the most impressive dude there. he was about 6'7 with a shaved head and arms bigger than my legs. my boss is 5'11 250 and this guy absolutely dwarfed him. shane? ian? i can't remember. he seemed to have a great demeanor and was really hamming it up for pics.

one thing that really stands out is that i couldn't walk 10 feet without running in to someone twice my size. kind of makes rubbing 1-test on the tops of my feet seem a liitle silly. i did keep an eye out for the top middleweights, just to do a comparison. stan mcquay doesn't seem to be all that big and i think i could get on stage with him without getting totally embarrased. tricky jackson, on the other hand, was about 3 inches shorter than me and had way too much mass for me.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
... so far, i've seen none of the infamous 1-test lethargy. in fact, my energy in the gym is up ...
I feel good on 1T too, it has a mild mood brightening effect at the proper dose. M1T however, forget about it!

Once you get to the SD phase (wk 5-8) you'll get your endurance back with a vengeance. I bet you experience a strength improvement here too. With the looks of your diet, I'd say don't be afraid to go with 20mg instead of 10 on the SD. Excessive weight gain is not a problem with a clean, low cal diet for sure. But maybe start the first few days or week at 10 just to attenuate aggression, should it affect you.

Thank you for bringing my attention to your log, your looking great Kyfra. Excellent shoulder density. In fact, you don't seem to have a weakness. I'll be intrested to track your progress leading up to the comp.

raylewis

Awards
Good luck with you run and good write up on the Arnold.

I wish I would have started a log as you did on my sd run. I'm on a 6 week sd 20 mg/4ad trans 600mg. Great stack for strength in my opinion.

We're the same height. I'm bulking and started off 196 20%bf and am at 212 15%. Wish I had ordered more sd.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards

We're the same height. I'm bulking and started off 196 20%bf and am at 212 15%. Wish I had ordered more sd.
good luck with the bulk, ray.

i'm off the 1-test/4-ad as of today. i'll post new pics, thoughts on the first phase of the cycle, and ramble about what's ahead later this weekend.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
my $10 digital camera needs to charge, so i'll post pics tonight. here's the update:

phase1...weeks 1-4- 200-300mg transdermal 1-test (it's hard to be specific with transdermal dosing) and 600 mg 4ad.
i started at 193, now around 185. i think i look a little leaner, but really, no huge changes in my physique. these, like any other ph/ps compounds that i've tried work so much better when they're not faced with a caloric deficit. the best i can hope for is to hang on to a little more muscle than i would have without, although maybe sd will surprise me. no major sides so far. zero water retention from the 4ad, so that fear, at least at this dose, was unfounded. i had some mild lethargy the last week, but i was fighting a cold, so that could have been the problem. one thing i failed to report is that i was taking 50mg of mdht, pre-workout, 4 days a week. honestly, i didn't notice a thing. caffeine works just as well as far as a pre-workout boost, and this is nothing that i'll bother with again.

next up...weeks 5-8 on superdrol. i'm starting the dose at 10mg and will adjust from there. i have no intention of going higher than 20 though. depending on how i react to the sd i might cut it a week short, or if all is going well, extend it. i'm leaning toward including the 1,4 ad in the last 4 weeks of the cycle, and will probably include the m5aa somewhere at the end. the mohn i can give or take, so we will see.

i finished taking my bottle of man scorch. i'm lukewarm on it. no real energy boost from this stuff, and the thermogenic effects i'd say were minimal. i have access to so many free fatburners that it makes no sense for me to drop any more cash on this stuff. i just wanted to try it since i'd heard good feedback. i got a bunch of free samples at the arnold that i've been trying out the past few days. i really liked ergopharm's "amp" for it's nice, even energy boost. i will probably make some of this at work and take it pre-workout. how anyone can take vpx "redline" is beyond me. i know some people swear by it, but everytime i take it i want to jump off a building. yohimbe and i just don't mix well. the other day i took 2 redline in the morning and still felt panicky 8 hours later. i'm leaning against using clen. i have some, but i've never tried it before and i've always been a little scared of it. if anything, i might switch over to an eca stack for the final few weeks.

other than that, i'm fairly pleased with my preparation. my weight is roughly where i want it to be. i've quit counting calories, and i'm now just dieting off instinct. i've done this so many times, that i have a pretty good feel for. i've been lazy about my posing and haven't tanned at all. the posing i'll start hitting over the next couple of weeks, but i'll probably skip tanning altogether and just pour about a gallon of protan on come the week of the show.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
my cheap ass really needs to invest in a camera. mine wouldn't hold a charge, so here's all i've got. the body lean isn't real, it's from the camera.
That camera does some cool facial tricks though! Really, I can tell you've leaned out. It will be interesting to see how you do with the SD on a sub-cal diet. The only positive feedback I've ever really seen on the M5 was at 100mg+ daily doses. I get a better pre-w/o kick from andro.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
i've liked m5 the few times i tried it, but, in hindsight, i always took it for 2 weeks right after taking m1t. maybe what i liked was the m1t still kicking around in my system.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
here's a quick update after 4 days on superdrol. my weight dropped to 183 the 1st day and has leveled off there. strength and energy are up slightly. i was doing arms yesterday and noticed a difference in vascularity. those garden hoses running down my biceps hadn't been there a few days earlier. that's it for now...slight changes only, but so far, so good.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
here's a quick update after 4 days on superdrol. my weight dropped to 183 the 1st day and has leveled off there. strength and energy are up slightly. i was doing arms yesterday and noticed a difference in vascularity. those garden hoses running down my biceps hadn't been there a few days earlier. that's it for now...slight changes only, but so far, so good.
You were holding a few lb's of water, it's normal. Your going to love the SD :) My veins didn't enlarge per say, I actually grew new ones that weren't even there before! Or at least not pronounced enough to see. If you have strong training habits, good luck leaving the gym. You will just have to make yourself go at some point. BTW, I still have those veins, it's amazing stuff. I applaud you for starting at 10mg. That was my original suggestion, but few took my advise.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
quick update...i'm one week in to the superdrol, 5 weeks out from the first of two shows. weight is down to 182. no real positive or negative effects to report from sd. i'll give it one more week at 10mg before i make changes. i really feel like i've hit a wall today...no energy whatsoever. i worked out in the a.m. today, so that might be it. morning workouts and i just don't mix. i'm fairly happy with my appearance right now, just wish i felt better.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
nothing of significance to report right now. 10 days on superdrol (10mg) w/ no major benefits or sides to report. my weight is holding steady around 182. strength and energy are about the same. just to recap, i have a little over 5 weeks left on my pre-contest cycle. here's what i was thinking as far as the remainder goes:

weeks 1 and 2-superdrol 20mg ed
weeks 2-5- 1,4 ad (dione) 600mg ed
weeks 3-5- 24mg (roughly) mohn
weeks 3-5- 40-60mg m5aa
weeks 1-2- clen (dose to be determined...planning to work up and then ramp down...probably a total of 17 days)
weeks 3-5- eca stack

dr. d (or anyone else if you are reading)...how does this look?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Def up it to 20mg. Your working way too hard not to be getting the most of it. You just look underdosed to me but otherwise a good plan. Your energy, vascularity and endurance should all be up right now with the proper dose.

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

Stay strong man, and keep it up! Stay motivated cause we're here bro!

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
the 20 mg of sd seem to be doing the trick. strength and energy were up big compared to last saturday's workout. weight is 181. 4 weeks until the contest.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
here's another quick update. i'm liking the 20mg of sd. the results aren't mindblowing, but still pleasing. my weight is at 180...3&1/2lbs over the weight class limit, although i imagine i'll come in a little under that. i also started taking ephedra/caffeine 3 days ago (the more i read about clen, the less i want to try it).

my "top end" explosive strength has been gone for quite some time..but still for as close to contest weight as i am, i can't believe how much stremgth i've retained, and how much energy i have.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
started taking 1,4 at 600mg today (200x3). we'll see if that has any effect.

i had a pump in the gym today for the first time in what seems like weeks. i almost didn't recognize the feeling.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
3 weeks out from contest 1. i've decided to hold off on entering the 2nd one until i see how things go in the 1st. they are both national qualifiers, but the 2nd is usually a lot tougher. no sense entering if i get killed in the 1st one. i won the middleweights at the first one a few years ago, but you never know how the competetion will be from year to year.

my weight is 179. i feel like the sd is helping me keep more mass than i normally would at this stage...but again, the results aren't mindblowing. i do have to say that i'm not experiencing the exhaustion that i normally would. kind of feels like i'm cheating without all the suffering :)

anyway, here are some pics from tonight. i was experimenting w/ pam as an onstage oil...so yeah, i'm kind of shiny.

Attachments

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
i stared working on posing tonight. i'm so lazy i haven't practiced at all. i forgot how sore i get at first. i have to say, i'm really pleased with where i'm at. i can't believe the fullness of muscles at this point. i'm usually so depleted.

i know it's probably not the smartest thing, but i'm really contemplating finishing up these last couple of weeks with more sd, rather than switch over to mohn/m5aa. i'd hate to get off the sd and see my size dwindle when i'm this close to the finish.

any thoughts?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
i stared working on posing tonight. i'm so lazy i haven't practiced at all. i forgot how sore i get at first. i have to say, i'm really pleased with where i'm at. i can't believe the fullness of muscles at this point. i'm usually so depleted.

i know it's probably not the smartest thing, but i'm really contemplating finishing up these last couple of weeks with more sd, rather than switch over to mohn/m5aa. i'd hate to get off the sd and see my size dwindle when i'm this close to the finish.

any thoughts?
The mohn/m5aa would be a good cutter/hardener at the end as you planned, but you really don't appear no need that at this point. Your weight is so clean now that I would seriously concider finishing w/ the SD. It covers all the bases, and fat gain is not a prob as tight as your diet is. The choice is yours, but it wouldn't be a bad choice. SD is a good finisher and you won't have to fight acne close to the contest.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
i guess i'll play it by ear with the sd...i'm leaning toward at least one more week w/sd

dr. d- what are your thoughts on adding lean extreme in to the equation at this point? i was thinking of running 150mg ed for the next 3 weeks and then the same dose for 3 weeks of my pct.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
dr. d- what are your thoughts on adding lean extreme in to the equation at this point? i was thinking of running 150mg ed for the next 3 weeks and then the same dose for 3 weeks of my pct.
It might not help with you on the orals already unless you were planning to really lower cals or lose a lot of sleep or something, but it sure couldn't hurt. They should stack fine.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
It might not help with you on the orals already unless you were planning to really lower cals or lose a lot of sleep or something, but it sure couldn't hurt. They should stack fine.
i just thought i might encounter some stress-enduced cortisol over the nex few weeks with everything i'm putting my body through. to be perfectly honest though, i don't completely understand cortisol or the mechanism behind lean extreme. as long as it falls under the "it couldn't hurt" catagory i'll give it a try. won't be the first time i used a shotgun approach with my supplementation.

as far as my updates go...i'm 2 weeks out, and for the most part i feel like i'm ready. i need to tighten up in the lower abs, glutes, quads, and hamstrings...the normal areas for me at this stage. i am starting to see some striations on my glutes, however. my weight fluctuates between 178-180. i don't see making the class being any problem. if history repeats itself, i'll probably come in a few lbs under. i decided to stick with my original plan and switch from sd to mohn/m5. i'm starting at 24mg mohn and 30mg m5 and adjust as need be. i continue to take 600mg 1,4.

i've been feeling really odd lately, and not in a good way. something i'm taking is keeping me up at night, causing anxiety and just giving me a generally bad feeling. i also feel like my bp is going through the roof at times. and oh yeah, i'm really mean. i have about zero control of my temper (which can be a rough thing when you've got a 5 year old running around...you have to take a lot of deep breaths). i checked my bp yesterday, and while it was higher than normal, it was not alarming. if i had to pick a culprit, i'd go with the 1,4. this is my first time around with it. i didn't notice anything like this from the sd the first 3 weeks, so i don't think that was it.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Where are you with SD? The more or longer I dose SD I can get ALL types on CNS stimulation or even aggrevation. The first time I did SD I think my exact quote was" I was like a dinsour growling all over my house." The more I did, the better I felt, the more I thought I was a dinosour. My guess is SD is so powerful and new it has some majorly still unknown neurological pathways. My fav quote 'bout SD is the only thing that goes best with it is more. Just my two cents though...

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
four weeks in. two weeks at 10mg and two at 20mg. i wanted to stay on for the next 3 weeks, but something tells me that's a bad idea. if i compete again (and i won't in the near future), i'll cut the overall cycle down to 6-8 weeks, up the dosages, and do a little more combining of ph/ps. i think 11 weeks total is just going to be too long. oh well, live and learn.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I would have to say that Kyfa is the best devoloped guy I have ever seen who has posted on Anabolic Minds board.

BEST OF LUCK with the contest!

CROWLER

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
I would have to say that Kyfa is the best devoloped guy I have ever seen who has posted on Anabolic Minds board.
thanks, i appreciate the compliment. i'm sure there are a lot of guys here who look good, but not too many people post their own pics. you have to remember that i'm near contest shape, which is a huge advantage. you wouldn't want to see pics of me up around 220 (not a pretty sight). then again, it works both ways...i'm so scrawny in street clothes right now that you'd be hard pressed to tell that i workout.

i do have to say that AM is a real hidden gem. lots of great info here...glad i found it.

kyfra

Board Supporter
Awards
i'm a little over a week out now. i'm considering dropping the mohn and going back to sd. i feel like i'm not quite as "full" as i was a week ago. i'm a real head case around this time anyway. i go back and forth between thinking i look pretty good and thinking i look awful. i really don't mind the dieting but when i get this close, i get anxious and want to hurry up and get on stage.