I am 36 years old and looking for a cycle that will help get my body back! PLZ HELP!!

reno9499

Awards
Like I said I am 36 years old and ready to start cycling. Back in my glory days I was a healthy fit athlete and now I am an overweight Dad who is embarassed to take his shirt off anymore. My son is 7 years old and I want to give him somebody to be proud of and to look up to. He looks and old pictures of me when I was playing ball and in the gym everyday and says who is this? Can anybody give me what would be a fast producing very productive cycle? This is my first time on here and posting I think this is great there is a place we can go for help. My stats are I am 5'10" and 280 lbs (I know I am overweight but after 4 kids and 3 back surgeries I am lucky I aint heavier)!! Please Help Me!!!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
1. Good job on trying to be proactive on changing things for the better. My cap is off to you.

2. What is your training history? I know you said you used to play ball, but do you lift any more? How long have you been consistently been lifting? What does your nutrition look like?

3. A cycle is NOT the first thing you should look for. If you eat like crap and don't have the gym and the kitchen on point, then it's just wasted money with potential for negative side effects.

If you're willing to share some of that information, I am happy to personally help you try to figure stuff out and better yourself.

reno9499

Awards
Thanks for your quick reply and offer to help. To answer your questions:
1. My history has been pretty slack the past couple years. With the 4 kids its kinda been on and off but I am willing to put whatever I have to in the gyme to reap positive results.
2. My nutrition is OK. It could be better but lately I have been coun ting my daily calorie intake and trying to keep it around 3200/day

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Thanks for your quick reply and offer to help. To answer your questions:
1. My history has been pretty slack the past couple years. With the 4 kids its kinda been on and off but I am willing to put whatever I have to in the gyme to reap positive results.
2. My nutrition is OK. It could be better but lately I have been coun ting my daily calorie intake and trying to keep it around 3200/day
You're welcome, man.

So here's the deal - first thing we're gonna do is nail down a solid workout plan as well as some better nutrition.

You can browse threads here or use google or other sites, as well, but there are TONS of good workout routines around. It's all about finding something that works for you. You want something that you know you'll do and you want to do.

I'd suggest probably lifting 3x a week and doing a lot of compound movements / full-body workouts.

We also want to ease you into some cardio. We don't want to go balls out and burn you out. Baby steps.

Then on then nutrition; in theory, you can sit on a couch all day long and lose weight as long as you're eating the right number of calories. So you need to do some homework on finding out what your maintenance level of calories is - a calculator will do no good. You need to go off of what you've been doing and use some trial and error. Then once we find that, you want to eat slightly below that number.

All of the above information, without the help of any supplements or steroids will make a world of difference for you in starting out. Down the road, we can certainly work some other things into the mix for you.