What's going on here? Last week of 1-T/4-AD

Jeff Rippe

Awards
For the past 5 weeks I have been using Legal Gear's 1-T/4-AD transdermal.  This particular version supposedly contains 4gms 4-AD and 7gms 1-T.

The first 4 weeks I used two squirts twice a day (5am & 8pm).  My strength went up and I gained weight steadily at a rate of 2 pounds per week.  Total gain in four weeks was 9 pounds.

In the fifth week I decided to cut back to one squirt 2x per day to taper off before switching to 6-oxo.

Well, five days into that fifth week my bodyweight is down 4 pounds!  Not based on one weigh-in either - it's been down for three days.

What's happening here?  I'm afraid that once I complete the cycle I will be right back to where I started.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
How are your cals? How are your lifts? How is your energy level? How is your water retention?

Chemo

Jeff Rippe

Awards
Originally posted by Chemo
How are your cals? How are your lifts? How is your energy level? How is your water retention?
Chemo
Chemo, calories have been the same.  I'm sure part of the "gains" have been water and fat but strength indicates some muscle gain as well.  Workout intensity has remained high but I did have to back off the poundages a bit due to tendonitis just about everywhere.  I've been working too heavy for too long (about three months straight).  The transdermal pushed me up to a new level but it looks like I may not be able to maintain it once the cycle is over.

I posted a similar problem earlier this year.  I make good progress during a cycle but then lose the gains afterwards - even with 6-Oxo, more calories, etc.  Is it possible I'm not gonna get any bigger (by legal means)?  I've been lifting for about 26 years.  When I started I was a skinny "ectomorph".  I weighed about 130 pounds my senior year in high school.  I am now 41 year old and at 5'11" weigh 210 pounds.  I still wear 32" waist pants (I'm proud of that at least :)).

What are your thoughts here?  Am I wasting money on supps at this point or can I still make gains and how?

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Why did you taper your dosage going into the 5th week? You were gaining steadily at 4 squirts a day.

Jeff Rippe

Awards
Originally posted by NPursuit
Why did you taper your dosage going into the 5th week? You were gaining steadily at 4 squirts a day.
The cycle was nearing the end.  My thought was to taper off so the androgen levels wouldn't suddenly plummet, hopefully maintaining the gains.

If cutting back to half dose produced this effect what do you think going from 4 squirts a day to 0 squirts a day would do?! 

Are you suggesting I should have stayed at 4 squirts per day until it ran out rather than "weening" myself off?  Then what?

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Try going back to your original dose. If your gains continue then your threshold is higher and you should dose accordingly.

Until you give us the feedback from going back to original dose I'm stumped...

Chemo