Armed Forces Bodybuilding show in Iraq

Kelly Rabeca

Kelly Rabeca

Awards
On May 25th here in Taji, Iraq we will be having a bodybuilding competition for our troops who are currently serving here. I'm tyring to see if any companies would be willing to provide some sample supplements for the soldiers competiting. I'm trying to come up with a nice little gift bag for them just like ones you would typically recieve in shows in the US. I am currently serving in Iraq as well. I have been competiting in the figure division for about a year now. I think it's great that we have soldiers here fighting the fight and also finding the time to work out! Please feel free to contact me here or my email address, [email protected]

v/r
Kelly Rabeca Dean, SSG

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
On May 25th here in Taji, Iraq we will be having a bodybuilding competition for our troops who are currently serving here. I'm tyring to see if any companies would be willing to provide some sample supplements for the soldiers competiting. I'm trying to come up with a nice little gift bag for them just like ones you would typically recieve in shows in the US. I am currently serving in Iraq as well. I have been competiting in the figure division for about a year now. I think it's great that we have soldiers here fighting the fight and also finding the time to work out! Please feel free to contact me here or my email address, [email protected]

v/r
Kelly Rabeca Dean, SSG

Right on SSG Dean... and nice to see you made it back from R&R safely. You need to start going to the big gym in the morning so you can motivate me..

Hope you get the support your looking for from these awesome companies. A little goes along way with these joe's out here who are working tirelessly trying to make a differance here and also trying to make a differance in themselves.

AFJON

AFJON

Awards
This is a great idea and the troops would LOVE it! When I was in Iraq we had a few powerlifting comps. and those were a blast but no samples or anything.

Kelly Rabeca

Kelly Rabeca

Awards
Thanks AFJON I'm hoping for some support from the companies. Its amazing how many people result to weight lifting to help them get through their time here I think it's great.

Take Care
Kelly

Kelly Rabeca

Kelly Rabeca

Awards
Thanks. Just came back from R&R last week. I've been heading to the gym at like 4am now. Busy busy busy right.

Kelly Rabeca

Kelly Rabeca

Awards
Ha ha. Thanks. I'm just hoping we get a little support for the guys in the show. Bodybuilding.com is going to advertise the show, so that's pretty cool.

Bump for a great cause

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
they are having one next month in Yongson south korea also im gonna try and gather some support for

let me talk to my folks and see whatwe can do

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
must be nice that the Army gets REAL gyms on thier bases. lol

Kelly Rabeca

Kelly Rabeca

Awards
they are having one next month in Yongson south korea also im gonna try and gather some support for

let me talk to my folks and see whatwe can do
That would be awesome we would greatly appreciate the support.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
yes we do :D

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
where u at right now JON

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
you both are in iraq?

Im at osan ab right now in the ROK

115 days to go until my 1 yr sentence is up ugh

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kelly,

What kind of scale are we talking (how many competitors, etc?)

RPN would be glad to donate some product, so let me shoot you an email in a bit.

AFJON

AFJON

Awards
Kelly,

RPN would be glad to donate some product, so let me shoot you an email in a bit.
Wow thats great DSADE, I'm sure the troops will really appreciate it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow thats great DSADE, I'm sure the troops will really appreciate it.
I'm a vet myself, and spent a tour in Saudi..I understand how much working out comes to mean in that environment.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
NutraPlanet would be honored to join in as well...will be sending you an email shortly :)

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
This is awesome, I'm glad to see this. Our troops need as much support as we can give them.

MB

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I consider people serving in the military as heros/heroine. Hope you can get some supplements over there. I'm amazed you have internet access over there. Is it Satalite or what?. Good luck and God Bless.

Kelly Rabeca

Kelly Rabeca

Awards
Right now were looking at roughly 15 people.
Kelly,

Kelly Rabeca

Kelly Rabeca

Awards
No kidding. That's cool. Lifting is such a good way to get in shape and pass the time here.
I'm a vet myself, and spent a tour in Saudi..I understand how much working out comes to mean in that environment.

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
geez.. sarge dean.. if i help you out can i get some of the goodies too.. jus kiddin.. but really... if you want some help im sure i can pull myself away from the XBox to give you a hand.

Kelly Rabeca

Kelly Rabeca

Awards
You can talk to the XO, he's the one running the show.

geez.. sarge dean.. if i help you out can i get some of the goodies too.. jus kiddin.. but really... if you want some help im sure i can pull myself away from the XBox to give you a hand.

Kelly Rabeca

Kelly Rabeca

Awards
Thank you very much for your support. As for internet, it's amazing some of the comforts we have here, it still kind of sucks being away from our families for 15 months. You have to find a good hobby here to keep your sanity.

Kelly
I consider people serving in the military as heros/heroine. Hope you can get some supplements over there. I'm amazed you have internet access over there. Is it Satalite or what?. Good luck and God Bless.

AFJON

AFJON

Awards
Very true. When I was in Iraq working 14-16 hours a day, I still found the time everyday to hit the gym. I had to get up at 3a.m. but it damn sure was worth it.

AFJON

AFJON

Awards
Some of the bigger bases in the "desert" are hooked up pretty nice. I was at Balad/Anaconda in Iraq and we had a damn near full size gym, a Burger King, Pizza Hut, and a Taco Bell.:pizza:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very true. When I was in Iraq working 14-16 hours a day, I still found the time everyday to hit the gym. I had to get up at 3a.m. but it damn sure was worth it.
Ours was open 24 hours a day (Prince Sultan Airbase, outside of Riyadh) and there is nothing like some late night cardio and a HEAVY chest workout, then walking out into an 85 degree 2 a.m. ultra clear, starry evening, with the peaceful serenity a stark contrast to the complete chaos so close by.

Kelly Rabeca

Kelly Rabeca

Awards
Oh yeah. I know it sound cheezy.. but totally maxamizing my time here. I'm for the gym at 4AM then I try to get some college work, then I'm work on another personal trainer cert. I keep pretty busy while I'm here.

Kelly Rabeca

Kelly Rabeca

Awards
Yep. It's just starting to get hot here. This heat is killer, it's even worse in Kuwait.. no breeze there.
Ours was open 24 hours a day (Prince Sultan Airbase, outside of Riyadh) and there is nothing like some late night cardio and a HEAVY chest workout, then walking out into an 85 degree 2 a.m. ultra clear, starry evening, with the peaceful serenity a stark contrast to the complete chaos so close by.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
I LEARNED id be heading to balad in a few weeks had i not gotten orders here to korea last yr.

i dunno 4-6 months in balad or 1 yr in korea

AFJON

AFJON

Awards
Oh yeah. I know it sound cheezy.. but totally maxamizing my time here. I'm for the gym at 4AM then I try to get some college work, then I'm work on another personal trainer cert. I keep pretty busy while I'm here.
Thats funny, I did the exact same things while I was there:head:

AFJON

AFJON

Awards
I LEARNED id be heading to balad in a few weeks had i not gotten orders here to korea last yr.

I've been to both and I don't think either were too bad. I know a lot of people hated Osan, but I really enjoyed my time there. If you get away from Songtan theres a lot of stuff to do in Korea. Plus, traveling is crazy cheap there.

Kelly Rabeca

Kelly Rabeca

Awards
I just came back from Balad. It's huge! They have a pretty nice chow hall.

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established

i'da taken the balad trip. i did korea back in 99 and i was an alcoholic at 19. back then they sold budweiser in the vending machines for a dollar a can. deployments is what got me into the gym and loving how it made me look and feel. plus its the only thing that keeps me from whoopin ass on my junk-ass warrant officer(working out that is)

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
NutraPlanet would be honored to join in as well...will be sending you an email shortly :)
sams going to whip out the nutraplanet hoodie,tshirts, and pimp the package with a pound(s) of samples and shaker cups. :cheers:

Kelly Rabeca

Kelly Rabeca

Awards
That's awesome. There's so many of us that are so excited about the show! We are greatly appreciate your support!
Please contact me at [email protected] or [email protected] for the mailing address.

Thank you again

Kelly Rabeca
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
sams going to whip out the nutraplanet hoodie,tshirts, and pimp the package with a pound(s) of samples and shaker cups. :cheers:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Trying to decide between GUTHealth and NOxidant. Any preferences?

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
i like korea, i hate osan

i wouldnt let the supervision here run my sons daycare

they truly do ruin a great experience

plus being away from the wife and kid has taken its toll

Kelly Rabeca

Kelly Rabeca

Awards
I thought they started doing accomanied tours now?

i like korea, i hate osan

i wouldnt let the supervision here run my sons daycare

they truly do ruin a great experience

plus being away from the wife and kid has taken its toll

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn.. this was a great idea looking for sponsors on here. I wish I would have thought of that when I setup a powerlifting competition in the green zone.

Ah good times.

Adams

Kelly Rabeca

Kelly Rabeca

Awards
Thanks I'm just hoping to get some supporters. Everyone like a little incentives every now and then. I think this might be a way to keep everyone going if that makes any sense.
Kelly

Damn.. this was a great idea looking for sponsors on here. I wish I would have thought of that when I setup a powerlifting competition in the green zone.

Ah good times.

Adams

Maverick60

Awards
  • Established
Man, they didnt have anything like this set up over there back in early to mid 03. Haha.

Awesome that you guys are setting this up, and that some of the companies are willing to help out.

Dsade, Id say go with the guthealth! I can still remember those 2-1/2 tons rolling up with buckets of food, and as bad as it was, you are still stoked because it means you can put away that MRE. Haha, nah, I know they have nice chow halls set up over there now and all, but it cant be all that good anyway. Help em out with some GUTHealth.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
methusaleh General Chat 0
General Chat 2
Post Cycle Therapy 0
Politics 84
General Chat 5