Do Selective Beta 2 Agonists enhance muscle, performance, and LBM?

U

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
"Although Compound 20 hasn't been studied for its effects upon body composition and strength, we believe that, based upon the
data showing that it activates the beta 2-adrenoceptor and feedback from real-world beta testers, it will provide similar effects as other compounds which have been shown to activate the same receptor. Studies are pending to evaluate the supplement and its effects upon body composition"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15705021

We all know that research withiout REAL WORLD (what they call ancedotal) doesn't mean ****. Take Urosolic, Great great research but not so great when Joe, Jim and Paul purchased a bottle..

Let's get Real...

Compound 20 is a new category of leaning and hardening agents that hold a lot of promise in our sector. Word is that stacking with an AI/Anti E product is a great strategy to getting lean, hard, and strong (diet dependent of course).

Who is using an AI/Anti E product? What product are you using?

I like to give the opportunity to incorporate Compound 20. Logs and Reviews are NOT required unless it's your preference to inform the fellow lifter. We are gifting 20 FREE C-20 bottles. In theory, if you love the results, you will become a C-20 consumer and spread the word. I'm willing to take that risk. Are you?

A C-20 bottle last 30 days. If the consumers enjoys the bottle of C-20, I will send a second bottle if compelled to write a testimonial for use in national marketing. You do not have to post your testimonial online or make it public on Anabolic Minds. Again, I leave that to personal preference.

Requirement is SIMPLE. The applicant must have Experience with AI/Anti E products and supplementation in General. The applicant must ALSO have a firm understanding of Nutrition and training. I don't want the variable of novice. I want a straight forward applicant that knows his body and what and what does not work when implemented into their respective routine!

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
"Although Compound 20 hasn't been studied for its effects upon body composition and strength, we believe that, based upon the
data showing that it activates the beta 2-adrenoceptor and feedback from real-world beta testers, it will provide similar effects as other compounds which have been shown to activate the same receptor. Studies are pending to evaluate the supplement and its effects upon body composition"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12646997

We all know that research withiout REAL WORLD (what they call ancedotal) doesn't mean ****. Take Urosolic, Great great research but not so great when Joe, Jim and Paul purchased a bottle..

Let's get Real...

Compound 20 is a new category of leaning and hardening agents that hold a lot of promise in our sector. Word is that stacking with an AI/Anti E product is a great strategy to getting lean, hard, and strong (diet dependent of course).

Who is using an AI/Anti E product? What product are you using?

I like to give the opportunity to incorporate Compound 20. Logs and Reviews are NOT required unless it's your preference to inform the fellow lifter. We are gifting 20 FREE C-20 bottles. In theory, if you love the results, you will become a C-20 consumer and spread the word. I'm willing to take that risk. Are you?

A C-20 bottle last 30 days. If the consumers enjoys the bottle of C-20, I will send a second bottle if compelled to write a testimonial for use in national marketing. You do not have to post your testimonial online or make it public on Anabolic Minds. Again, I leave that to personal preference.

Requirement is SIMPLE. The applicant must have Experience with AI/Anti E products and supplementation in General. The applicant must ALSO have a firm understanding of Nutrition and training. I don't want the variable of novice. I want a straight forward applicant that knows his body and what and what does not work when implemented into their respective routine!

Man i think Erase and Compound 20 would be a sick stack! Id love to try it out.

Super recomp stack

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
Same I have a few bottles of erase here, I'd love to try this.

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have some erase and would love to try this... Shoot it !!!

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
I also will put my name in for this, I will run it with erase as well. Seeing as I work at a supplement store that carries c20 if I like it I'll be sure to spread the word.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Compound-20 is indeed a pluripotent agent, with a lot of its pharmacological activity originating from pronounced stimulation of beta adrenoceptors, with powerful downstream effects.

Now, adrenergic receptors, or adrenoceptors, belong to the G-protein class of coupled receptors, and are the most prominent receptors in the adipose membrane, besides also being expressed in skeletal muscle tissue. These adipose-membrane receptors are classified as either alpha- or beta-adrenoceptors. Although these beta and alpha adrenoceptors share the same messenger, cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP), the specific transduction pathway depends on the receptor type (alpha or beta). [Cyclic AMP is the messenger for beta adrenoceptors. Many disease states are associated with low levels of the second messenger system, 3,5 cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP). These include, for example, hypertension, obesity, asthma, to name a few. On the other hand, increased cAMP levels are known to, for instance, stimulate lipolytic activity, trigger the levels of a Leydig-cell cholesterol-transfer protein, known as steroidogenic acute regulatory protein (StaR) and steroidogenesis, stimulate the HPTA, reduce histamine release (with implications for allergic conditions), inhibit platelet aggregation, improve thyroid function, improve the contractile force of cardiac muscles, boost fat metabolism, and so on. Put simply, cyclic AMP and the host of chemical actions and metabolic processes it activates, together form a complex second messenger system that modulates the intricate and powerful effects of hormones in our body, both lipolytic/anti-catabolic and anabolic.]

The beta adrenoceptors, in particular the beta-2 adrenoceptors, are the most thermogenic and lipolytic, and also induce anabolic effects. In particular, the stimulation of beta-2 adrenoceptors triggers vasodilation in muscle tissue, promoting oxygen uptake and nutrient transportation to muscle tissue. Furthermore, beta-2 adrenergic receptors are direct thermogenic activators via stimulating direct increases in fatty acid oxidation. Increased oxidation of fatty acids in skeletal muscle cells promotes leaning. To continue, activation of beta-2 adrenoceptors directly upregulates uncoupling proteins 2 and 3 in skeletal muscle cells, leading to enhanced energy expenditure and impairment of the anti-lipolytic effects of alpha-2 adrenoceptors. Beta-3 receptors are also thermogenic activators and promote uptake of fatty acids into perixosomes and mitochondria, leading to the oxidation of fats, not carbohydrates, for energy.

Beta adrenergic stimulation tends to exhibit a potential for anabolic activity. The specific anabolic activity of beta adrenoceptors depends in some cases on the duration of their interaction with receptors in skeletal muscle cells, or whether or not they bypass the liver (thus circumventing first-pass degradation). Examples of anabolic effects from beta-adrenergic stimulation include improved muscle strength, preservation of lean mass (anti-catabolic action), improved nitrogen retention and improved protein synthesis in skeletal muscles (even during caloric restriction).

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Compound-20 stimulates cumulative positive changes in the body, specifically via a pronounced improvement in lean-mass-to-fat-mass ratio, with noticeable aesthetic enhancements in muscular tone. All this can even occur on an above-maintenance caloric feeding. As is well known, beyond being a storage unit for energy (as triacylglycerol) and acting as an insulator, adipose tissue is metabolically active. Usually, feeding should inhibit lipolysis via its stimulation of insulin release and the consequent impact on the enzyme, hormone sensitive lipase (HSL), the rate-limiting enzyme for lipolysis. On the other hand, fasting and exercise have the opposite (favourable) effect on lipolysis by reducing insulin and recruiting catecholamines such as noradrenaline (norepinephrine) and adrenaline (epinephrine), the main hormones involved in the regulation of lipid status. These catecholamines act as first messengers in the lipolytic cascade that lead to adrenoceptor (beta) activation and downstream activation of the second messenger (cAMP) that ultimately induces thermogenesis and lipolysis in visceral, subcutaneous, and gluteofemoral (buttocks and thighs) sites with varying results reflecting adrenoceptor distribution. So, the results Seen on Compound-20 are consistent with the postulated adrenergic pathway to lipolysis and thermogenesis. Recall, too, that testosterone also upregulates beta-adrenoceptors in the abdominal and other regions, explaining one pathway it employs to induce lipolysis.

Furthermore, as is well known, improved body recomposition is positively correlated with enhanced muscle definition, reduced fat expression, as well as enhanced leanness and vascular tone. Thanks to Compound-20, favourable body-compositional changes reflect the cumulative results of reduced adipogenesis, enhanced anti-catabolic/anabolic processes, as well as increased thermogenesis and lipolysis. The workings of Compound-20 in this area remind me of the pharmacological activities of agents that inhibit postprandial hypertriglyceridemia (excess fat accumulation in the blood after meals) and postprandial hyperglycaemia (excess glucose accumulation in the blood after meals); agents that stimulate increased resting metabolic rate or energy expenditure (via promoting thermogenesis and caloric expenditure); agents that induce an improvement in insulin sensitivity via promotion of glucose utilisation and inhibition of excess fat accumulation in adipose tissues; agents that stimulate thyroid function for enhanced lipolysis; agents that induce reduced gluconeogenesis (the production of new glucose from non-carbohydrate sources); agents that stimulate reduced cortisol expression (leading to reduced stress and lowered visceral fat dominance); agents that reduce the action of glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (the enzyme that converts blood sugar into triglycerides in fat tissue); agents that deliver direct or indirect anti-catabolic and anabolic effects; as well as agents that induce AMP-activated kinase (AMPK) activation (leading to the reduction in the action of glucose-producing enzymes and an increase in the action of glucose-consuming enzymes, effectively switching the body's system from fat-storage to fat-burning, including the inhibition of the class of nuclear receptor proteins termed peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPAR-gamma) that usually stimulate adipogenesis and fat storage. While many of these agents employ one molecular pathway to achieve their results, Compound-20 appears to uniquely use several of these pathways simultaneously to deliver thermogenic, lipolytic, anti-catabolic, and anabolic effects.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm subbing.
I gave my bottle up cause I felt like I saw bloat and I was taking it with erase pro.

mmacrazy

mmacrazy

Awards
  • Established
I would really enjoy giving this a run.
Have been kind of skeptical so I will offer true unbiased review.
I am a health and nutrition major leaning towards Becoming a r.d.
Experience has been using erase and formestane as well as an epi/havoc cycle.
Compound 20 with 6-bromo might be a good time.

_mArs_

_mArs_

Awards
i'm in for the results... i am always game to try an innovative product like c-20 (thermogenic and anabolic/anti-catabolic)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, very awesome gesture, Jacob!

I was actually toying with the idea of how well it would stack with a low dose of clen; both hitting the same receptors and C20 to do the mass-building and fat-shedding, along some additional fat-loss from the clenbuterol.

And I think it would stack great with Erase or Formastanzol. Should make for a very lean, dry natural stack.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In. I am intrigued by this. :)

Jonbero

Jonbero

Awards
I'm interested in this

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll throw my hat into this. I've been using supplements a very long time. Can't recall the first anti-e type product I took. I think it was made by Designer Supplements but I can't remember the name of the supplement. Strike that, the first anti-e product I took was called E-form made by dermabolics. That was back in 04. The Designer supplements one was the second one I used. Ursobolic works great for me though. I also believe I have a firm understanding of diet and training and what works and what doesn't work for me. Not through college courses or anything like that but from years of hard work, trail and error, and of course reading books. Not a lot of people want to actually do the leg-work to prep for training and diet. A lot of folks just come on internet message boards and expect to be spoon fed information. I've been told and this is a quote, "What is wrong with you? Working out isn't a job. You treat it like a job.". So I guess I have some issues then. Oh well. This is my plea. Pick me please.

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cool promo. Been very interested in trying c20...

About me:

Favorite ai is hands down erase. I love the stuff. Be it for a recomp, lean bulk,or cut, it gets the job done in drying me out and reducing estrogen related bloat and hard to get rid of remaining fat problem areas like chest and stomach. I have been using supplements for almost 8 years now. I train 3-6 days a week depending on goals. I have tried nearly everything out there for supps. I love anabolic pump and was a long time user of prime cissus and recreate. I still use oxy elite as a staple for cuts n recomps. The opportunity to try a free bottle and perhaps even a second would absolutely get me to buy more in the future and I would be more than willing to spread the word about the product on this forum even though it is not required for the promo!

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm subbing.
I gave my bottle up cause I felt like I saw bloat and I was taking it with erase pro.
Yes, worried about your experience. Hopefully usp can discuss why this may have occurred.

Alpha t2 bloats me n that is also beta 2 so I'm nervous this MAY happen here with c20. Willing to try none the less...

_mArs_

_mArs_

Awards
i do feel sorry for you. sorry, buddy. i feel your pain

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very generous there Jacob! I applied to beta test this but was not chosen. I followed a couple of the logs but have yet to give it a go. I like how you're confronting critics like this.

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
The landlord just raised my rent by over $100. Feel sorry for me.
Lol.....man I don't miss the days of renting...

U

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very generous there Jacob! I applied to beta test this but was not chosen. I followed a couple of the logs but have yet to give it a go. I like how you're confronting critics like this.

USPlabs is being selfish in hopes that the product is enjoyed enough that the user promotes it and continues to purchase. We will always have critics.

USPlabs will continue to be selfish! The winners will RECIEVE the New FRUIT PUNCH MODERN BCAAs with the great 8:1:1 ratio (no need to MEAG dose) of micronized aminos without artificial colors and naturally flavored...I still don't understand the use of Artificial colors...Do we really need our fruit punch colored red. Do supplements companies think we're 8 year olds watching cartoons....Colors are outlawed in many countries...

_mArs_

_mArs_

Awards
that's not selfish... that's generous... i hope i get picked

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Keep on being selfish we won't complain :). Color means nothing to me. I just care if it mixes easily and tastes good :)

BPjohn123

BPjohn123

Awards
USPlabs is being selfish in hopes that the product is enjoyed enough that the user promotes it and continues to purchase. We will always have critics.

USPlabs will continue to be selfish! The winners will RECIEVE the New FRUIT PUNCH MODERN BCAAs with the great 8:1:1 ratio (no need to MEAG dose) of micronized aminos without artificial colors and naturally flavored...I still don't understand the use of Artificial colors...Do we really need our fruit punch colored red. Do supplements companies think we're 8 year olds watching cartoons....Colors are outlawed in many countries...
Awesome jacob

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I wish there was one without glutamine :(

Then I would switch from recover pro

When will u be selecting the lucky 20??

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Then I would switch from recover pro

When will u be selecting the lucky 20??

Here, I copy and paste this from the Modern BCAA writeup on Nutraplanet,

"That's if you've been drinking L-Glutamine…

L-glutamine is known for its instability, in the dry state and especially in an aqueous solution (5,6).

The degradation products from L-glutamine can be glutamic acid, ammonia and pyroglutamic acid, the latter two being potentially toxic (5-9).

What's worse is the longer it sits in water, the more degradation takes place!

Yuck!

Needless to say, that's why we made it a rule that L-Glutamine was not in the USPlabs Modern BCAA™ formula…"

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol.....man I don't miss the days of renting...
Yeah I think they are just doing it to "push" people out. They could charge more than what I pay to someone new. I've got the biggest apartment in the building though so mine probably went up the most. I hear my neighbors fighting all the time and the strange thing is it has been quiet. I would have expected a loud fight after getting news of a rent increase. I've seen increases of 20-50 bucks but nothing this drastic. It is gonna cut a big hold in my supplement budget.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
Association fees are far worse / more annoying than rent. Blahhhh

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Well in that case, I'll be selfish too and say "I'll do it! Pick me!"

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, upping the ante...I'm gettin kinda turned on :hump: lol.

I enjoy the grape MBCAA and love the white blue raspberry. Been interested in fruit punch ever since you guys mentioned it.

A few of us were just discussing artificial dyes and our dislike of them. There are a few products that I really enjoy that have them in them and I'd like them SO much more if they got rid of the dye. Plus, it makes it easier to sneak them into gyms and places that only allow water ;)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'm in for the results... i am always game to try an innovative product like c-20 (thermogenic and anabolic/anti-catabolic)
Both the beta and post-beta feedback and reviews have been consistently impressive. The product is indeed an effective versatile agent all in a class of its own.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

"That's if you've been drinking L-Glutamine…

L-glutamine is known for its instability, in the dry state and especially in an aqueous solution (5,6).

The degradation products from L-glutamine can be glutamic acid, ammonia and pyroglutamic acid, the latter two being potentially toxic (5-9).

Yuck!

Needless to say, that's why we made it a rule that L-Glutamine was not in the USPlabs Modern BCAA™ formula…"
Awesome. Thank you!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Then I would switch from recover pro...
It does not contain plain L-Glutamine. It does contain Sustamine, a cutting-edge, bioavailable advanced-form dipeptide that demonstrates superiority over Glutamine in several directions. To directly quote our Mulk Modern BCAA write-up: "Besides BCAAs, Bulk ModernBCAA also contains Sustamine, a cutting-edge, stable, clear-mixing, effective, and highly bioavailable dipeptide (a molecular bond of two amino acids) of pure L-Glutamine and pure L-Alanine, named L-Alanyl-L-Glutamine, a complex that overcomes the classic deficiencies of straight glutamine. Sustamine promotes hydration and recovery, stimulates the synthesis of glycogen and proteins, supports gastrointestinal and immune-system integrity, and boosts nutrient absorption, in addition to the other classic glutamine benefits such as nitrogen and carbon donation, acting as a substrate in the synthesis of niacin and glutathione, as well as a source of energy for the nervous system." Great compound!

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

"That's if you've been drinking L-Glutamine...

Yuck!

Needless to say, that's why we made it a rule that L-Glutamine was not in the USPlabs Modern BCAA(TM) formula..."

I see l glutamine....

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I see l glutamine....
It does not contain straight L-Glutamine, rather a dipeptide of Glutamine and Alanine. That is a big difference. See my earlier post.

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It does not contain straight L-Glutamine, rather a dipeptide of Glutamine and Alanine. That is a big difference. See my earlier post.
Must have posted same time..

I see the difference now.. But my main concern stems from using the original scivation xtend, which bloated me in the stomach, water retention, not distention. It went away literally a day after I stooped using it or didn't use it for a day or two. I shied away from any AA blends after this until giving some samples of recover pro a shot.. Been using it ever since.

So why would recover pro or any other aa blend contain, or not contain, glutamine or this special type of glutamine? What is the potential for bloating from this glutamine form?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Must have posted same time..

I see the difference now.. But my main concern stems from using the original scivation xtend, which bloated me in the stomach, water retention, not distention. It went away literally a day after I stooped using it or didn't use it for a day or two. I shied away from any AA blends after this until giving some samples of recover pro a shot.. Been using it ever since.

So why would recover pro or any other aa blend contain, or not contain, glutamine or this special type of glutamine? What is the potential for bloating from this glutamine form?
Bloating is usually a dose-dependent event that is associated with poor bioavailability and absorption. None of that is typical of Modern BCAA.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a bottle of c20 and was planning on stacking it with Fat Free and Free Test. If you guys want a review I will be more than happy to type something up

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
I would like to run this with formestane, I love erase but it does nothing for my estrogen until a long whiles into the bottle.

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Oh Jacob I saw your brother (supposably?) the other day at work buying a protein. At least he said he was lol. I really hope I get picked, one of my employees is taking the c20 but he hasn't let me know how it's going so far

mmacrazy

mmacrazy

Awards
  • Established
This is gonna be great !
Excited to see if I get picked. More excited if it works since I'm getting tired of cutting on eca.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is gonna be great !
Excited to see if I get picked. More excited if it works since I'm getting tired of cutting on eca.
What's wrong with you?!?! lol

I loved EC :yumyum: