Changes in the mirror but not on the scale

Im Pretty Big

Awards
Over the past several months I've noticed improvements in the mirror, but my weight and bodyfat have stayed the same. Can anyone explain this? I'm looking bigger and more developed but weight and bodyfat have stayed about the same. Is this possible, and how?

dadream

dadream

Awards
  • Established
Well just off the top of my head you could be loosing water weight. Or it could be that you've lost some fat and just made an error in your calculations, its tough to pinpoint what it is exactly.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
go by mirror and weight lifted. all you need to know unless you're a bodybuilder.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
depends on how you measure bodyfat, some of the methods are inaccurate enough to give big swings

Dogsoldier

Dogsoldier

Awards
Well, for starters how much you trying to shed? Then I need to know, how old you are. What are you eating and drinking. DO you do any cardio, if yes how much. If you have all the above in order, have you had blood work done?

Trust me when I say, I can relate to the knocking your ass stupid in the gym, eating right and nothing happend. I have been trading the same 10 pounds up and down for well over a month and a half.

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
Well just off the top of my head you could be loosing water weight. Or it could be that you've lost some fat and just made an error in your calculations, its tough to pinpoint what it is exactly.
im with him....im pretty sure you just gained muscel to make up the fat you loss and ur weight is just the same...its a lonjg shot but who knoes **** happens

sreed11

sreed11

Awards
  • Established
Right off the bat i just thought it would be that you're losing BF and replacing with muscle but you said BF is the same. This actually kind of happens to me as well but i just dont think of it too much. As long as i get compliments and the person i'm trying to impress is happy then who cares?

What are you measuring with? skinfolds are the most accurate, at least i think.

pantera101

pantera101

Banned
Awards
  • Established
go by mirror and weight lifted. all you need to know unless you're a bodybuilder.
Thats really all a bb'r needs to go by as well.I like to throw in the tape also.Measure arms and quads to make sure they're atleast maintaing while cutting.I use all three(scale,mirror,tape,)But tape and mirror are my main guides.

hunter22375

Awards
im with him....im pretty sure you just gained muscel to make up the fat you loss and ur weight is just the same...its a lonjg shot but who knoes **** happens
+1 After starting a lifting regime I have heard of many complain of this. I believe that for a while, your BF % is scewed.