Gain 10 pounds lean muscle but questions about fat loss??

Fun2Train

Awards
Ok let met start off by saying im a very easy gainer, I gain fat and muscle eqaully easy. I had been bulking for a while but not seriously. About 10 weeks ago I started on my bulk diet of 8 meals a day, little less carbs and more health fats then a standard bulk diet because my body does not respond well to lots of carbs. My friends think im a little to "over the top" because I literally eat the exact same food everyday at the same time but its healthy and it works. I eat 3500 calories a day, 370g Protien, 240G Carbs, and about 110G fat. Now I was 205 at 12% BF and now im at 226 at about 16.5% BF. So in 10 weeks I put on about 10.1 pounds of fat and about 10 pounds of lean mass. Problem is though at 16.5% BF my fat is literally all belly fat, my legs you prolly cant pinch the fat and hardly any on my upper torso and arms, well some but not allot, its all belly fat. I really want to lose some belly fat but I just seem to be in that anabolic zone right now gaining so fast. What should I do? Should I incorporate some cardio to burn some fat or just keep on bulking until closer to summer then burn down to 9% BF?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok let met start off by saying im a very easy gainer, I gain fat and muscle eqaully easy. I had been bulking for a while but not seriously. About 10 weeks ago I started on my bulk diet of 8 meals a day, little less carbs and more health fats then a standard bulk diet because my body does not respond well to lots of carbs. My friends think im a little to "over the top" because I literally eat the exact same food everyday at the same time but its healthy and it works. I eat 3500 calories a day, 370g Protien, 240G Carbs, and about 110G fat. Now I was 205 at 12% BF and now im at 226 at about 16.5% BF. So in 10 weeks I put on about 10.1 pounds of fat and about 10 pounds of lean mass. Problem is though at 16.5% BF my fat is literally all belly fat, my legs you prolly cant pinch the fat and hardly any on my upper torso and arms, well some but not allot, its all belly fat. I really want to lose some belly fat but I just seem to be in that anabolic zone right now gaining so fast. What should I do? Should I incorporate some cardio to burn some fat or just keep on bulking until closer to summer then burn down to 9% BF?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Me personally I'd throw in some cardio and try to slow that fat gain. You've put on some great mass, but it will take a long time to get back to 9% and hold onto that precious lbm. Throw some cardio in there a couple times a week and see what happens. Make sure your taking something like BCAA's, which will help preserve lbm. I'm off the same body type and it takes me at least 8 weeks to lose 5-6% BF and thats eating and training perfectly.

Fun2Train

Awards
Me personally I'd throw in some cardio and try to slow that fat gain. You've put on some great mass, but it will take a long time to get back to 9% and hold onto that precious lbm. Throw some cardio in there a couple times a week and see what happens. Make sure your taking something like BCAA's, which will help preserve lbm. I'm off the same body type and it takes me at least 8 weeks to lose 5-6% BF and thats eating and training perfectly.
Appreciate the info, Im not currently taking any BCAA besides what comes in my two types of protein shakes. What would you suggest? And ill try throwing in cardio maybe 3 days on my off days, see if it slows my fat gains down. Thanks again.

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Appreciate the info, Im not currently taking any BCAA besides what comes in my two types of protein shakes. What would you suggest? And ill try throwing in cardio maybe 3 days on my off days, see if it slows my fat gains down. Thanks again.
Nutra has a fantastic deal on bulk BCAA's....It's a must imo...

t-bone2

Awards
  • Established
Agree with the cardio. Last winter I did a bulk without any cardio for ~4 months and went through a similar experience to what you are having. This year I'm throwing in two (and occassionally three) cardio sessions per week and have noticed that this has made a positive difference in my overall composition.

Fun2Train

Awards
thanks guys, i will start some cardio right away this week and see how it goes, appreciate the info.