help me bulk up

successonly

successonly

Awards
hey guys i’m 16, 5”8 in height and 60kg.
i’m currently just trying to bulk up and really put on some muscle. i currently go for a few jogs during the week and that’s about it.
wondering if someone could help me set up a little schedule / a workout guide type thing tbh not sure where to start at all ahahaha
thanks in advance

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i’m currently just trying to bulk up and really put on some muscle. i currently go for a few jogs during the week and that’s about it.
wondering if someone could help me set up a little schedule / a workout guide type thing tbh not sure where to start at all ahahaha
thanks in advance
Pretty sure you got some great advise back in July, August, and September on your other thread. What else are you looking for?

successonly

successonly

Awards
Pretty sure you got some great advise back in July, August, and September on your other thread. What else are you looking for?
i started doing some push ups etc but no one never really helped in detail which i really needed ahaha

AntSoldier

Awards
  • Established
thanks in advance
Switch your jogging for eating. You need to feel full from waking up to falling asleep. Stop cardio and start lifting heavy. Big compound lifts taking you to your limit. Three times a week at least

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i started doing some push ups etc but no one never really helped in detail which i really needed ahaha
Eat big, do bench press, squats, deadlifts. You want us to build you a workout routine and diet? Is that what your looking for?

successonly

successonly

Awards
that would be great and really appreciated

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I dont think anyone gonna do that for you kid. People charge good money for that kinda thing. Look up some routines online find something that interest you and start with that. Figure out what your TDEE is and then go 5-800 calories over that. And for chr!$t sakes quit doing cardio, as much as you do. Hell, my first workout was the Ray Lewis "Monster in the Middle" workout. You wanna get big, eat big, and lift heavy stuff.

successonly

successonly

Awards
Yeah I dont think anyone gonna do that for you kid. People charge good money for that kinda thing. Look up some routines online find something that interest you and start with that. Figure out what your TDEE is and then go 5-800 calories over that. And for chr!$t sakes quit doing cardio, as much as you do. Hell, my first workout was the Ray Lewis "Monster in the Middle" workout. You wanna get big, eat big, and lift heavy stuff.
okay thanks for the advice man appreciate it

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
okay thanks for the advice man appreciate it
Just being honest. You want people that have never met you, on an online forum that know absolutely nothing about you in person to give you a diet and training program. That is hard to do. But if you find a program you like online and eat big. You will see a huge change. You could even come back here and say hey, I found this program. And my tdee is ________, and I plan to eat at _________. How does this sound on a bulk. You could get better responses.

successonly

successonly

Awards
Just being honest. You want people that have never met you, on an online forum that know absolutely nothing about you in person to give you a diet and training program. That is hard to do. But if you find a program you like online and eat big. You will see a huge change. You could even come back here and say hey, I found this program. And my tdee is ________, and I plan to eat at _________. How does this sound on a bulk. You could get better responses.
i’m willing to pay someone anyway and actually in contact with a dude now

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
God damn I'm being nice today.. Listen you need to think slow gains = great results.. Don't rush things and gain fat.

Here's a diet for you.

Breakfast Oats with milk and one cottage cheese (low fat). Fish oil capsules

Lunch one chicken breast with rice and some veggies

Workout

After workout one PowerBar and bcaa

Dinner same as lunch, you can vary and have fish or red meat.

Night snack Oats and a tablespoon of almond/peanut butter or any other nut

An hour before bed. Two eggs, one table spoon of baking powder, two scoops of protein and almondmilk.. Shake it all together and make Pancakes. You can add cinnamon, vanilla extract, sweetener or whatever really.

At your weight you should gain on this and you shouldn't add Much fat. 1 cup of rice during the whole day is probably more than enough. Cook everything with omega 3 oils like olive oil but don't go crazy mostly due to the strong taste.

You don't have to eat everything in order and I would suggest you to eat most of the carbs during the day. Whenever you don't gain more weight you can add a little more. Don't think weight, think mirror..

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
If you're new to lifting there are tons of online resources that you can use to get started. Just google "4, 5, or 6 day workout split" and you'll get thousands of results.

Don't overthink it if you're just starting out. Do some research and learn - don't just pay someone to do it for you. Drop the jogging, pick up some weights, and eat more quality food

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I’ll be able to write you out a training routine tomorrow that you will see results from. But first I need to know if you have access to a real gym or not

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hire a personal trainer kid. You need someone to show you how to lift correctly and with decent form (whilst avoiding injury is a part of this it’s sometimes over exaggerated, imo the main reason to use good form is simply that you’ll activate and ultilise more of the muscles you are wanting to grow).

Identifying a decent trainer can be tough but this is my advice on how to do it:

- they should look like they train themselves and have decent strength on all main lifts (bw bench, 1.5 x be squat and 2xbw deadlift as a minimum). They don’t have to be the biggest or strongest guy in the gym but unless someone has the mental strength to train hard themselves they are unlikely to instil it in you.

- outside of their pt qualification ask if they have any other nutrition or trainings quals- doesn’t really matter what they are but the presence of additional quals suggests someone who is passionate about the industry

- ask them what type of format their training plan would follow. If it involves using machines for anything apart from a little accessory work them not one you want. At your age your plan should be focused around progressively overloading the big compound lifts.

Oh and don’t get a pt at planet fitness (sorry DC). That ain’t a place where your gonna get what you need imo

Good luck kid

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its really pretty easy. 1 buy a real gym membership. 2 stop doing cardio. 3 lift heavy 2 days on one day off. 1 day is pushing..next day is pulling and squats and dead lifts. 4 eat at least 6 meals a day...rice, chicken, oatmeal, steak, ground beef, cheese, eggs, peanut butter, bread, etc.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hire a personal trainer kid. You need someone to show you how to lift correctly and with decent form (whilst avoiding injury is a part of this it’s sometimes over exaggerated, imo the main reason to use good form is simply that you’ll activate and ultilise more of the muscles you are wanting to grow).

Identifying a decent trainer can be tough but this is my advice on how to do it:

- they should look like they train themselves and have decent strength on all main lifts (bw bench, 1.5 x be squat and 2xbw deadlift as a minimum). They don’t have to be the biggest or strongest guy in the gym but unless someone has the mental strength to train hard themselves they are unlikely to instil it in you.

- outside of their pt qualification ask if they have any other nutrition or trainings quals- doesn’t really matter what they are but the presence of additional quals suggests someone who is passionate about the industry

- ask them what type of format their training plan would follow. If it involves using machines for anything apart from a little accessory work them not one you want. At your age your plan should be focused around progressively overloading the big compound lifts.

Oh and don’t get a pt at planet fitness (sorry DC). That ain’t a place where your gonna get what you need imo

Good luck kid
Dont be sorry. I only train there when I need to. And I make fun of the trainer everyday when I go there.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All I did was watching youtube vids on exercises for back/shoulder/chest/legs. Then I did it exactly as shown. Meanwhile, after training, I watched all about nutrition for body builders -and started changing my eating habits. Later in, I kept watching those vids, and fine tuned the exercises, changed a bit diets around and found the AM forum. Here I learned all the rest needed, by subscribing to relevant logs from reputable members.

Glow

Awards
Of course, someone should have told you that jogging will not make you bulk. However, if combined with the correct work out and diet, chances are that you will bulk. So my advice is to get to your nearest gym and get a trainer. If you get the right trainer, 6 weeks should see you start bulking. Good luck though.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I always advise to have at least a minimal amount of cardio incorporated into your routine. Any kind. If not for the use of minimizing fat loss, for cardio health.

MidWestJack

MidWestJack

Awards
He's pretty much got you all set up right there young blood. Just stay away from massive amounts of sugar and eat at least 5 meals a day. Your going to gain weight with this diet above^^^^ the carbs from rice intake paired with a good protein source will do wonders

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If you're going to spend money then find actual strength coach nearby, not someone who did a two week personal trainer certification. If you have to do it online then find someone that is going to coach you properly and look at videos of your form and adjust your programming as necessary. Don't hand over money to someone that's just going to write you up an excel spreadsheet or worse yet still you some cookie cutter pdf of their super secret revolutionary workout program.

Ghetto way all you really have to do is get as strong as possible in some big compound lifts while eating as much as possible.