Grams of fat for bulking?

SDPonce63

SDPonce63

Awards
  • Established
I read that 25-35% of your diet should be comprised of fats. Does this apply to a bulking stage?

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This isn't true.. People react differently and wether you go high fat or high carb is up to you, just don't go high on both.. Nowadays I'm kinda high on the fat

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I read that 25-35% of your diet should be comprised of fats. Does this apply to a bulking stage?
20 to 35% of your total calories is a good rule of thumb.

Why?

Happy hormones
Happy brain
Less sugar/day
fat-soluble vitamins are happy

Specific intakes are specific to each person. I personally go for 25 % as this seems to work best for me personally.

I do know a bunch of people that bulk on keto(high fat low carbs) but it's probably not the norm.

Life is one big experiment, try different intakes for a month at a time, see what works best for you.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Just throwing this out there, but every single mammal on Earth gets 60-80% of it's calories from fats

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
What about grazers?
They have bacteria in their digestive systems that break down the cellulose into short chain fatty acids. Ruminants are the OG low carb high fatters

Logray

Awards
  • Established
Can low fat bulking diet cause "bad" mood? Im currently about 2600 cals 240gc 210p and about 40 g fat but that is mostly from oats, 2 eggs, and some chiken.

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
Can low fat bulking diet cause "bad" mood? Im currently about 2600 cals 240gc 210p and about 40 g fat but that is mostly from oats, 2 eggs, and some chiken.
What's your body weight as I wouldn't recommend going lower than 0.3g of fat per lb of body weight for hormonal purposes

SDPonce63

SDPonce63

Awards
  • Established
What's your body weight as I wouldn't recommend going lower than 0.3g of fat per lb of body weight for hormonal purposes
188lbs so .3 x 188 = 56.4 which I would never on earth go lower than lol

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
That would put me in a bad mood, not sure about the lack of fat being a reason though

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We cannot really say what is ideal for bulking or for you.A good rule of thumb is at least 20% of calories should come from fats to help maintain proper hormone function.

However, this can be dependent for each person. Some people can keep fats lower (20%) and carbs high, to aid with performance. Some people can maintain proper training intensity and muscle fullness on lower carbs and higher fats. You need to experiment and see how these different approaches affect you. Here is a good article on this.

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/tip-simple-macros-for-muscle-building

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We cannot really say what is ideal for bulking or for you.A good rule of thumb is at least 20% of calories should come from fats to help maintain proper hormone function.

However, this can be dependent for each person. Some people can keep fats lower (20%) and carbs high, to aid with performance. Some people can maintain proper training intensity and muscle fullness on lower carbs and higher fats. You need to experiment and see how these different approaches affect you. Here is a good article on this.

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/tip-simple-macros-for-muscle-building
To add to his.. Back in the days, the Arnold days they did high fat and barely no carb so its obvious both high fat and high carb work. Now bodybuilders have fat burners, insulin etc and that's making it far easier to bulk with carbs.. I'm quite positive that a higher fat diet is healthier than a high carb and that's something definitely worth mentioning