Lean Bulk rest day calories?

P

Pywell89

Awards
So I’m heading into a long slow lean bulk over the coming months with the goal of gaining as little fat as possible. Currently sitting at around 8-10% body fat and really don’t want to push this much higher.

For this reason starting bulk with 3000 calories from a maintenance of 2800. Really don’t mind doing this slowly. I am also planning a carb cycle approach, with high medium and low carb days.

Question is in rest days (which I will keep low carb) should I be eating at 3000 calories or at maintenance? How will each effect my bulk and fat gain?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I’m heading into a long slow lean bulk over the coming months with the goal of gaining as little fat as possible. Currently sitting at around 8-10% body fat and really don’t want to push this much higher.

For this reason starting bulk with 3000 calories from a maintenance of 2800. Really don’t mind doing this slowly. I am also planning a carb cycle approach, with high medium and low carb days.

Question is in rest days (which I will keep low carb) should I be eating at 3000 calories or at maintenance? How will each effect my bulk and fat gain?
Don't think on a micro level. If a pound is roughly 3,500 cals and you are at 200 over maintenance daily, you're going to be at a 1,400 cal surplus. If you are managing lower carbs, than you do not need to lower cals as well.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Don't worry about it.
Total calories for the week matters more than specific daily calories