can i drink two servings of gnc's vegan mass gainer?

snrub

Awards
I wanna double the dose. So 8 scoops a day...I use a vegan gainer because I'm lactose intolerant. Don't give a **** about animals.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not sure what the problem would be. Probably a lot cheaper to eat whole foods though.

Have you tried PES Select Vegan? Just curious about flavor comparison.

AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Try double cream lattes

askdavefan

Awards
I wanna double the dose. So 8 scoops a day...I use a vegan gainer because I'm lactose intolerant. Don't give a **** about animals.
Egg protein is a much better source of protein. Eggs are not dairy and do not contain lactose.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nah you can't do that, you will turn into a carrot, gotta be careful with vegan stuff does weird ****

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
technically you can do whatever t'f you want....

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
You could but Whole foodsw will get you so much more . What are the macros on one serving ?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1. Have you tried an isolate powder? Some people can digest those even when lactose intolerant.

2. Why not eat more whole foods? If you eat meat, why not. You will get more nutrients out of whole foods than a shake.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just drink some milk. Big baby.

SDPonce63

SDPonce63

Awards
  • Established
Your body can only process 40g of protein every 3 hours so don’t go over 40g as it will be a waste

SDPonce63

SDPonce63

Awards
  • Established
AlexPowell

AlexPowell

Awards
  • Established
Doug Paddon-Jones, Ph.D., a professor of nutrition and metabolism at the University of Texas Medical Branch.

States the following:

“if your muscles receive more than 35 grams of protein, they have all the building materials they need and the protein goes to other parts of your body—or into the toilet. ”

Here’s the link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.menshealth.com/nutrition/amp19525156/how-much-protein-can-your-muscles-absorb/
That doesn't mean it's wasted.

lanceklein

Awards
.. especially if you're trying to gain weight lol

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Doug Paddon-Jones, Ph.D., a professor of nutrition and metabolism at the University of Texas Medical Branch.

States the following:

“if your muscles receive more than 35 grams of protein, they have all the building materials they need and the protein goes to other parts of your body—or into the toilet. ”

Here’s the link: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.menshealth.com/nutrition/amp19525156/how-much-protein-can-your-muscles-absorb/
This is per hour right? The article doesn't say. I've always believed (read in the past) that we can digest 25-35g per hour.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
16 posts 9 days later and the OP has vanished. I just love it when they troll us. Fun, fun.
Remember. Lots of whole milk bro.

snrub

Awards
No I'm not a troll. 1 glass of whole milk and I'm lettin em rip for days. I like to add a shale because I burn hella calories as my form of employment is manual labor.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't do it!!!! Please! For Christ sake!

...I told you.

CornbreadBath

CornbreadBath

Awards
Whey and Cassin are not the only types of protein shakes.

They have egg based, beef based, soy based, and gelatin based. And while lots of people whine about gelatin being "incomplete" it's only valid if that's your ONLY source of protein. If you're supplementing less than 1/2 of your protein with gelatin, it's completely fine.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you're body and wallet can handle double the dosage go for it....an easier and perhaps cheaper avenue......

Almond Milk, PB, Banana and a protein whether it be vegan, Isolate or....