not sure if this goes here but! suggestions? thanks!

Sam524

Sam524

Awards
I am new to all this and am looking for pointers and tips. I don't know much but hope to learn quickly. I have many goals for myself with no clue how to obtain them. And I know I have to start at the basics. Let me start off by saying I'm 18 years old 5'11 and weigh 180 lbs, Im well built but want to be around 200 lbs as quick as possible. ( i realize its going to take a while and I'm okwith that) I really would want to know more about diet
rules, supplements, and the most effective workout to bulk up and keep it.
Anyone's opinions and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
All I can say is thanks!

jtracy33

jtracy33

Awards
If you're new to lifting stick to compound movements ie bench press, shoulder press, squats, deadlift, pullups.

Google starting strength and madcow 5x5 and do the program.

As far as supps go stick with creatine and whey and a multi vitamin.

For diet figure out your calorie requirements and then add 500 to bulk sub 500 to cut as a basic rule. Although if you're anything like I was at 18 you can eat a ton and stay lean so play with your total cals and find out what works to gain for you.

If your not gaining after a week or so raise your cals. Good luck I'm sure someone else will give better advice but that's my 2 cents :)

Sam524

Sam524

Awards
Awesome I really appreciate it. I'm not entirely new to lifting but I'm 100% sure I'm not as bad ass as most of the people on here. I did train with a couple buddies a while back and took halotest while training with them. I saw some differences but not as much people said I would with that supplmnt. I wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong but in the long run I realized I was probably not giving it my all. I want this time to be different. Sooo, eat 500 cals more to bulk? Or 500 less to cut? And no supps for the time being and see how it plays out. Seems like a good plan to me! How often/ long would you recommend going for? Sorry for the essay I just am really inspired and will take any information to get where I want to be haha.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Read around in the training forum and diet forum.
Halotest is a steroid based product and at 18. Id go get bloodwork done "full panel" to make sure you didnt hurt anything.
Always research something before it goes in your body. Your buddies are idiots to recommend roids to you. Id not listen to their advice again.
Best of luck.

jtracy33

jtracy33

Awards
Yea man halotest isn't a supp it's a steroid. Being 18 stay clear of ph/ds. I wish I had the natural test of an 18 yr old again...

As for the calories google a metabolic rate calculator and it will give you a place to start with adding cals. Track your food with myfitnesspal or something like it. Adjust cals as needed to gain.

Stick with it and you'll be bigger in no time. Search thru the diet and training forums here they are filled with great info

Sam524

Sam524

Awards
Thanks a lot guys I didn't even realize that's what I was doing! That's crazy! I really do appreciate it. Anything I might take ill deffinetly go through here. And please, if you guys think of anything else that might be helpful or cautionary don't hesitate to let me know. I'm open ears!

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Go get bloodwork done and make sure ur not messed up from the juice.

Sam524

Sam524

Awards
Alright It's been over a year though. I'll see what I can do for an appt.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Better safe then sorry. If your not worried then dont do it.

Sam524

Sam524

Awards
Nahh man I completely agree. And you know more than I do so, I better get myself checked out. I'll let you know what's up when I get looked at. I know its more in my interest,but what the hell haha