What do you guys use for weight gaining shakes?

Mivvi

Awards
What's up lads?

I have a really high metabolism and burn calories like a furnace. I also hit the gym 6 times a week and so this means I need to eat A LOT to gain weight and build muscle. So... I've recently been trying out BSN True Mass and it's pretty awesome - one shake has 700+ calories with 46g protein and 76g of carbs. Pretty good for weight gaining!

However, I'm a student and don't have enough money to buy tub after tub of BSN True Mass and so I was wondering what your ideas for good weight gaining shakes are?

What do you guys use?

I'm looking for lots of calories, protein, carbs and taste. True Mass ticks all the boxes but I suppose that's why it's expensive...!

Mivvi

Awards
I'm looking for liquid meals so I can have them whilst I'm at university. And so that they digest nice and quickly. Do you use any liquid meals?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, liquid and meals don't belong in the same sentence really. I supplement with extra protein but would never use anything in place of a solid meal. The only way I would do that is if I somehow lost all my teeth or my ability to chew food.

Mivvi

Awards
So of I'm looking for a liquid 'supplement' should I re post this in the supplement board?

Unless you have any insights into how I could make a home made weight gaining shake?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So of I'm looking for a liquid 'supplement' should I re post this in the supplement board?

Unless you have any insights into how I could make a home made weight gaining shake?

There are a ton threads on this very subject about making home made weight gainer shakes.

Mivvi

Awards
That link doesn't work bro. AnabolicMinds says it doesn't exist. No worries though i'll post this in the supplement board and see what peoria have to say. Thanks for the help buddy.

Masciaman

Masciaman

Awards
i use pro complex mass gainer and a lot of people scoop peanut butter into the shakes also..just small things like that just google

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2 scoops whey protein.. 2 cups milk.. .5 cup cottage cheese.. 2 tbsp Pb. 1 cup oatmeal

Dhair

Awards
Hey man I would say get some protein powder and just do 2 scoops of that and a cup of oats and add water tastes fine and you get protein and carbs from it you can even add a tablespoon of peanut butter for fats. I know its hard to eat at school. But when your not in class try to eat more whole foods. Hope this helps.

Vote4pedro

Vote4pedro

Awards
Criticalbench has the right mindset brah
Here's a few options
Step 1 get a blender
Shake 1
2 scoops of whey
1/2 cup of oats
1 banana
2 tbl spoon of Natural PB
(great, lean and mean) I use this as breakfast replacement sometime and it's around 600 Cals

Shake 2
1 scoop of whey, 1 scoop of casein
8oz milk
1 banana
1/2 cup of oats
2 tbls spoon of Natural PB
Difference is the the slow digestive protein in the Casein an in the milk so good for an hour before u hit the gym

Play with all those
U can also add
-Fruits for carbs
-more milk for more protein (remember its slow digestive tho)
-egg white substitute
-olive oil for fats

It's hard to find cheap fast digestive protein because it comes from meat so the egg white substitute is not bad when mixed with one scoop of whey and PB or just go Rocky Style and pound raw eggs and milk ... Sux being on a budget brah hope those help

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
Up your mass by Mhp. Dirt cheap I think 5 lbs is 25 on amazon? Give it a go. Taste awesome too