Best get big routine?

altyy94

Awards
should you workout 2 muscles groups that go well together or give each muscle their own day? Maybe you guys can give me your weekly breakdown. And is it better to do 3 sets of 10 or maybe something like 4 sets of 6? If you think you have a great 6 day split let me hear it

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If there was a simple single magic answer that worked for everyone then it would be obvious. Getting big is more about your diet, and working the muscle thoroughly. You can get big doing full body workouts 3x a week

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If there was a simple single magic answer that worked for everyone then it would be obvious. Getting big is more about your diet, and working the muscle thoroughly. You can get big doing full body workouts 3x a week
this^^^

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
should you workout 2 muscles groups that go well together or give each muscle their own day? Maybe you guys can give me your weekly breakdown. And is it better to do 3 sets of 10 or maybe something like 4 sets of 6? If you think you have a great 6 day split let me hear it
I agree with Eric. Not only is muscle building about training, but more importantly about your NUTRITION - if you're not eating for gains, you won't make them!

As far as training, what works best for one individual is not always going to work the best for another - you can so two muscle groups a day, a single day for each muscle group, or full-body sessions as Eric said. At the end of the day there are many ways you can train for mass. You can find one such example at Sample Training Programme for Gaining Muscle - for EXPERIENCED trainees ONLY!

Re nutrition and training, I recommend reading Maximize Your Muscle Growth for more information on what to do.

~Rosie~

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
im checkin out that ebook rosie, fo sho

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The mirror theory is what comes to mind every time I see this type of question. That means the opposite of what you are doing(wich can mean a few things depending on the individual) and your body is already working on becoming used to meaning your gains plateu. So for example I had been training like a bodybuilder for a few months and recently switched to a more strength and power based style of training. Its based on the persons current needs not a one size fits all imo.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Do Everything. seriously.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
whatever works best for you. everybody is different. gotta find what works for you. try a routine and take monthly pics and stuff to measure your success. if u dont like what u see, change it up. but to get big, its gonna come from ur diet.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Yep, it also depends on your time availability...

I can work out 4 times a week, sometimes 5, if I do one muscle a day I may end up leaving one out every week, no good in that now is there?

I have done several different workouts, the Bi / Back and Tri / Chest, opposites like Chest / Back, negative workouts and a plethora of things; so far the ones I've liked the most have been the 5x5 and currently DC training. I have never gained more strength and size as I have in the 2 months I've been doing DC training, have also set several new PR.

But it will take figuring out which one you can adapt best to.